Proposal: Tor - Col

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
All very typical Leaf responses. I never said Nylander wasn't good, I think he's great, he is currently the best player in this trade and hes on a very good contract.

However the base of this trade is 2 more years of Nylander vs 6+ of Byram, and that isn't even a question for me. I take Byram all day every day.

Takes a shot at Leafs fans, gets defensive when Leafs fans respond.

I’d take Nylander easily at his cap hit for 2 more years than consider having Byram on the Leafs for 6+ with his head trauma.

Byram is on year two of his ELC with little proven. Plenty of players had ELCs that were great and fizzled out quickly. End of the day, whoever has Nylander wins this deal. Leafs easily pass.

Reactions: banks

lionsDen

Hated And Proud
Jan 26, 2022
You don’t trade eliete dmen for wingers Colorado passes. Toronto would be foolish to trade byram not knowing Colorado would be foolish if he overcomes it

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017

I’d take Nylander easily at his cap hit for 2 more years than consider having Byram on the Leafs for 6+ with his head trauma.

Byram is on year two of his ELC with little proven. Plenty of players had ELCs that were great and fizzled out quickly. End of the day, whoever has Nylander wins this deal. Leafs easily pass.

Byram has the significantly greater upside and was playing as a top line DMan on the best team in the league. Nylander is a very good player and currently better given the injury. Understandably, risks for either team is dependent on his ability to recover. AVs are more likely to decline given the potential and cheaper deal.

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Byram has the significantly greater upside and was playing as a top line DMan on the best team in the league. Nylander is a very good player and currently better given the injury. Understandably, risks for either team is dependent on his ability to recover. AVs are more likely to decline given the potential and cheaper deal.
Which adds up to not a good deal for either team considering the risk for both sides.

Patagonia

Keep Whining
Jan 6, 2017
Which adds up to not a good deal for either team considering the risk for both sides.

Proposal is poorly designed.

Byram is the top prospect recently suffering concussions. To suggest being dumped due to the injury is in poor taste. Leafs comparable is dumping Amirov due to the diagnosed Brain Tumour.

Neither team would entertain this offer.

Reactions: banks

Brew

Sep 22, 2007

Until upside is met, it’s all hearsay and means nothing. Both are very good, and when you have two very good players, you keep the better one. Byram might end up better than Nylander, but until then, there’s no reason to deal Nylander when he’s on a great contract.

Brew

Sep 22, 2007
You don’t trade eliete dmen for wingers Colorado passes. Toronto would be foolish to trade byram not knowing Colorado would be foolish if he overcomes it

f*** me, when did Byram become elite?

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Maybe you could enlighten folks as to how Nylander isn't good then?

I never said you said Nylander wasn't good ?

I think both teams keep their guys. Like I said in my OP, both teams are looking to add guys to their current core, not move their core pieces. Toronto/Colorado are not good trade partners.

Wasn't directed at you, see the above quote for who that comment was directed at. Just replied to everyone all at once.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
To Tor: Byram + Burakovsky + Jost + Kaut

To Col: Nylander + Holl + Dermott + Robertson

Toronto isn't trading Nylander where the star piece in the package is a prospect that has stepped away from hockey because of too many concussions

josra33

Aug 11, 2008

It’s almost as if team needs play a role in any trade. Go figure.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Toronto would be foolish to trade byram not knowing Colorado would be foolish if he overcomes it

b01.gif

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Until upside is met, it’s all hearsay and means nothing. Both are very good, and when you have two very good players, you keep the better one. Byram might end up better than Nylander, but until then, there’s no reason to deal Nylander when he’s on a great contract.

If that were always true, trades would never happen because no one would trade the "better player".

Brew

Sep 22, 2007
If that were always true, trades would never happen because no one would trade the "better player".

Congratulations, now you’ve unlocked the concept of losing a trade.

+1 common sense

Variables like holes in a teams roster change circumstances.

Leafs don’t need your “elite defenceman”, we need a defenceman who can clear the net.

Byram’s value is based on potential, Nylander is a known commodity. If Byram becomes better, then he has more value. That’s also determined on the “if” factor.

Reactions: Patagonia

Brew

Sep 22, 2007
Byram prospect ranking is elite. He’s considered among the top prospects in the world.

His prospect status making him “elite” does not make him an elite defenceman. It means he has POTENTIAL to be elite.

When you can decipher between the two, you’ll understand what this means.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
His prospect status making him “elite” does not make him an elite defenceman. It means he has POTENTIAL to be elite.

When you can decipher between the two, you’ll understand what this means.

Do you honestly think anyone wants or needs you to make these clarifications? :laugh:

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018
All very typical Leaf responses. I never said Nylander wasn't good, I think he's great, he is currently the best player in this trade and hes on a very good contract.

However the base of this trade is 2 more years of Nylander vs 6+ of Byram, and that isn't even a question for me. I take Byram all day every day.

You started pre-arguing with people before anyone had even posted anything. Jesus Christ.

"Look at all these typical Leaf responses."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad