Proposal: TOR - CHI Hyman and Sparks for Darling (3 Player Special)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Somebody's gotta move to fit Panarin's next deal. Unless they want to go with 0 top-six LWs. The Hawks are out of moves they "want" to make.

Not if they all have NMCs (which they all do) and don't want to leave. If they can't fit Panarin, they can't fit him and will have to move him. It sucks, but hopefully that time Schmaltz, DeBrincat and/or someone else has stepped on at LW or the team can get one back in the Panarin trade. Or they could trade Panarin and sign a cheaper option to replace him.

Won't be the first or last time the team loses a great player and retools. And they can do that because of Toews, Kane, Keith, Hjalmarsson, Crawford. Panarin does not make or break the Blackhawks window, though obviously it will be easier with him around. When Hjalmarsson's contract comes up after the 2018-19 season is going to be the true test. By then the rest of the core will likely be on the downside of their career and if they do not have an in house replacement for a 1st pairing D they will be in serious trouble.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Does not make sense to trade for someone you are going to expose unless you are just giving up garbage. If the Leafs were to trade for a back up I would hope it would be someone exempt from the expansion draft.

Only if you think he will be claimed...Darling..wont be claimed. There will be far better options for LV to claim for a backup.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Okay Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
babcock couldnt shutup about hyman at the end of the season....
he clearly likes his game.

time to lock this one. terrible proposal. OP is getting salty

I guess Luke Glendening is the second coming of Christ.

Jeypic

Sep 12, 2015
Leafs will get a backup goalie without losing any assets. So this is just unnecessary. Hyman looked great last year during his callup too. And sparks could easily develop into a goalie of the same caliber as darling.

rick hawk

Apr 9, 2004
I can't see why the Hawks would want to do this. They have a backup who is doing the job just fine. Why would thy want to trade him for spare parts?

Funk21

Mar 6, 2013
Toronto
I am a Leafs fan and I don't think Hyman is all that good. I think he's ok, but the overcrowded winger position the Leafs have make this decision easy.

Too bad for Toronto that they have to give up an asset, but they have yet to hire a back-up.

Having watched him with the leafs last year and the marlies during the year and playoffs I have to disagree with you here. He IMO is basically Bozak 2.0 lite, decent size, good on the PK, Faceoffs, little more grit and somebody who would be perfect for a third line roll. He signed here because he wanted to play for Babcock, he is part of the new breed of leafs that while not elite level talent he can play a very effective bottom 6. Its not worth as many have suggest trading a usuable part going forward for a backup goalie who will be exposed and not part of this team going forward.

We "have elite players" in Matthews, Marner, and Nylander up front. We also have some higher end talent in the system but its too early to tell what we have, if Pitts showed us anything this past year is that you need three or 4 lines that can do damage or contribute in a meaningfull way. Hyman along with the likes of Soshikov, etc will and should make up an effective bottom 6.

ForSpareParts*

Having watched him with the leafs last year and the marlies during the year and playoffs I have to disagree with you here. He IMO is basically Bozak 2.0 lite, decent size, good on the PK, Faceoffs, little more grit and somebody who would be perfect for a third line roll. He signed here because he wanted to play for Babcock, he is part of the new breed of leafs that while not elite level talent he can play a very effective bottom 6. Its not worth as many have suggest trading a usuable part going forward for a backup goalie who will be exposed and not part of this team going forward.

We "have elite players" in Matthews, Marner, and Nylander up front. We also have some higher end talent in the system but its too early to tell what we have, if Pitts showed us anything this past year is that you need three or 4 lines that can do damage or contribute in a meaningfull way. Hyman along with the likes of Soshikov, etc will and should make up an effective bottom 6.

Stop worrying about a backup goalie being exposed. Las Vegas just needs two goalies and not 30.

I hope I am wrong about Hyman. I wish him all the best and if he remains a Leaf and plays well then great.

Sadly I have been a Leaf fan for a long time. The Zach Hymans of the world are a dime a dozen. So many flash in the pan players have come through and done nothing. Just look at 20 years of Leaf rosters. So many have shown a good 15-20 games, make an impression on the fans, and they dry up. Or you never see them again.

Countryjunkie

Oct 17, 2014
I wouldn't trade Zach Hyman. His compete level is FANTASTIC! Leafs have been missing this type of player in their line up for a very long time. Hyman will be an important player for the Leafs moving forward.

member 157595

We don't have a lot of guys in our system like Hyman and I am not at all interested in moving him for a backup goaltender.

Hyman doesn't have a lot of trade value and he's much more valuable to us than he would be on the trade market.

ForSpareParts*

We don't have a lot of guys in our system like Hyman and I am not at all interested in moving him for a backup goaltender.

Hyman doesn't have a lot of trade value and he's much more valuable to us than he would be on the trade market.

In a vacuum yes, but sadly we have a glut of wingers. Where do you find room for him when we have Greening, Komarov, Lupul, Martin, Michalek, Sosh, Rychel, Laich, etc. All of these guys could be fighting for 3rd line duties on the Leafs. The numbers issue is what makes this proposal possible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad