Value of: Top pair LD to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
What top pair (or nearish) Lhd could be available for LA?

Ideally a durable 6'2 220 type guy that can put up some points. Under say 28yrs, and not with a crappy contract.

I'm not looking to move either Byfield or Clarke but everyone else can be discussed.

Whose moveable?

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think want and what they get is prob much different…. See Buffalo wants vs actual offer.

kings can make competitive offers without those 2

Yep, definately, but i can understand wanting to get another teams top dog prospect for one of your best players, I just doubt LA goes there.

It will be interesting to see if guys like Provorov or Werenski could be pried away.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Yep, definately, but i can understand wanting to get another teams top dog prospect for one of your best players, I just doubt LA goes there.

It will be interesting to see if guys like Provorov or Werenski could be pried away.
Lol. You are not getting Provorov without Byfield or Clarke.

Werenski would probably require both...

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
Lol,

"that's just like your opinion man"

Perhaps, but LA has a lot of good prospects
I think you shold aim a little lower than those two considering what you have off the table.

There's speculation that Theodore may be available, and Vegas is more likely to make a trade like that due to their cap situation. But even then, they would probably trade Marchessault or Smith first. Vegas also probably wouldn't want to trade him within their division, but they did trade Schmidt within their division (although not the same level of player), so who knows.

If Byfield and Clarke aren't available, it would probably require something like Vilardi/turcotte+unprotected 1st+your next best d prospect

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
I think you shold aim a little lower than those two considering what you have off the table.

There's speculation that Theodore may be available, and Vegas is more likely to make a trade like that due to their cap situation. But even then, they would probably trade Marchessault or Smith first. Vegas also probably wouldn't want to trade him within their division, but they did trade Schmidt within their division (although not the same level of player), so who knows.

If Byfield and Clarke aren't available, it would probably require something like Vilardi/turcotte+unprotected 1st+your next best d prospect

Im fine with that (except perhaps not the 1st without some protection), you've got to give to get.

I doubt vegas will trade with us unless they run out of options.

Im just interested to see who is available with Byfield and Clarke off the table.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
get real

buffalo return was hurt due to Eichel injury.

you aren’t going to get a top young LD by giving up spare parts.

I think theyre a Ducks fan, so they arent trading for anyone in this case.

We do still have a boatload of guys other than those two prospects that are hardly "spare parts"

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
What top pair (or nearish) Lhd could be available for LA?

Ideally a durable 6'2 220 type guy that can put up some points. Under say 28yrs, and not with a crappy contract.

I'm not looking to move either Byfield or Clarke but everyone else can be discussed.

Whose moveable?

Lindgren is a hair under the height requirement.
He should properly not be made available this season [unlike Strome] b'c we can finesse his exit when we are down to the wire and have to, not before.
Rangers will deal Strome, Geo, Nemeth, Hajek, not sign 1 or 2 cheap guys like McKegg, and recover 1.5 buyout cap hit for Hank.
Covers the shade under 12 we need for Zib + Fox increases next season.

Howev, for LaF + Kakko etc we also need a stopgap 1 or 2 yr solution while we see if Trouba will waive early or not.
Lindgren is only just into 3 x 3 but when every nickel helps, he could go esp since we have adequate reserve of young elc D.

Lindgren is the real deal. If he is put on the open market, competitive bidding will drive up the price.
Let's see what you consider a fair offer, let alone a competitive one...

Reactions: Kingspiracy

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Lindgren is a hair under the height requirement.
He should properly not be made available this season [unlike Strome] b'c we can finesse his exit when we are down to the wire and have to, not before.
Rangers will deal Strome, Geo, Nemeth, Hajek, not sign 1 or 2 cheap guys like McKegg, and recover 1.5 buyout cap hit for Hank.
Covers the shade under 12 we need for Zib + Fox increases next season.

Howev, for LaF + Kakko etc we also need a stopgap 1 or 2 yr solution while we see if Trouba will waive early or not.
Lindgren is only just into 3 x 3 but when every nickel helps, he could go esp since we have adequate reserve of young elc D.

Lindgren is the real deal. If he is put on the open market, competitive bidding will drive up the price.
Let's see what you consider a fair offer, let alone a competitive one...

Im not sure Lindgren has the points in him. I cant say that ive followed him, but is he likely to be an upgrade on someone like bjornfot?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad