Proposal: Top 6 Forward to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
So would you agree that LA is mismanaging their prospects, by either not giving them enough time in the minors to develop or by not giving them enough game time to develop?

Do you dislike Danault? I think he's been great this season and has had incredible chemistry with Iafallo.

Do you think that Lemieux is not that good and not deserving to be called our 'best' winger or at least a good winger?

I'm curious to hear what you think.

I don't think the organization in general is mismanaging the prospects.
I miss honesty by everyone involved. Playoff is a pipedream and it should be announced like that.
Our core of Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and Quick are not able in any kind or shape to take over games and force a win.
Adding players like Arvidson and especially Danauld won't change that at all.

We struggle since years with the issue that we can't score goals.
Most reason for that is the 70's backwards style of our last coaches. The players we have in charge grew up where
any kind of creativity or offensive risk was punished hard.
There was only entering the zone at the boards, dump into the corner and if lucky win the puck and pass back to defense.

Adding players like Danauld who don't even know that there is a 2nd side of the ice rink beside the defense zone,
is not a solution to anything. The base thought of taking defensive responsibilities away from Kopitar, to free up more offense, is already flawed by assuming Kopitar has any untapped offensive potential or will to overpower.

So what are our youngster supposed to do here? What are they supposed to learn?
They are just parked on the 3rd or 4th line with very limited minutes, which would be fine, if they could use the time on the bench
to watch their teammates how it is is done.
Problem is they watch this zombie like cruising in zero creativity mode and are sucked into even more passive gameplay.

Only highlight so far is Lemieux, who is no familiar with our play style yet.
I am afraid, that he will adapt and become invisible as everyone else.

All that needs a change of mind starting from the leading guys in our organization.
Coaches need to be hired who thrive in the new NHL and think of creative ways to win games.
Replacing a coach with someone who does exactly the same, won't cut it.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
I’m assuming Danauld is Danault. But Danault and Frk are 28, how the heck do you develop a 28 year old? Pretty sure they’re already developed at that point. I mean they’re 5-6 years from retirement usually…

We have players being 37 stumbling around while 28 year old guys, who actually do something, are parked in the AHL.
Does that sound right to you?

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca
We have players being 37 stumbling around while 28 year old guys, who actually do something, are parked in the AHL.
Does that sound right to you?

No but I’m not losing sleep over a guy whose 28 and scored 18 goals in 118 games in the nhl. Brown scored 1 less goal last year that Frk has his whole career.

So if you want to argue that Brown is blocking one of the young prospects sure, I’ll go with that. But don’t try and tell me Frk will fix things. He’s Mersh, Brodzinski, Vey, a Career AHLer

Reactions: kingsfan

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
No but I’m not losing sleep over a guy whose 28 and scored 18 goals in 118 games in the nhl. Brown scored 1 less goal last year that Frk has his whole career.

So if you want to argue that Brown is blocking one of the young prospects sure, I’ll go with that. But don’t try and tell me Frk will fix things. He’s Mersh, Brodzinski, Vey, a Career AHLer

I don't argue with the career NHL'er.
I would argue that absolutely everything with even a slight to non existing chance of making the team better
is worth a gamble over already confirmed not good enough.

Who knows, maybe hte same thing that happened to Iafallo happens to Frk.
You will never know until you try

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Probably in the minority amongst Wild fans but I’d move Fiala in a deal for Danault. Kings need a scoring winger to jump start their offense and they have 47 different Cs they can try him with. Wild get to run JEE/Rossi/Danault down the middle for the next 5 years. Kings add a bit here IMO but Fiala’s numbers are bad to start his year despite mostly solid play so maybe it’s closer to a 1 for 1 in reality

go4hockey

Oct 14, 2007
Alta Loma CA
Probably in the minority amongst Wild fans but I’d move Fiala in a deal for Danault. Kings need a scoring winger to jump start their offense and they have 47 different Cs they can try him with. Wild get to run JEE/Rossi/Danault down the middle for the next 5 years. Kings add a bit here IMO but Fiala’s numbers are bad to start his year despite mostly solid play so maybe it’s closer to a 1 for 1 in reality

LA does not draw free agents as it is. There is no way we should deal one who just chose to sign here. No need to get into value.

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary

I guess i would agree to a 1vs1

Not a bad offer

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
This team won't win anything with that core.
At this point our only realistic chance is to develop.
So TM's job is to build a better future. This includes fielding players by their strength, not by absolutely unrealistic expectations.
Kaliev is not a 4th line grinder, he scores goals when setup by a playmaker.
Right now he would be better off in Ontario if TM plans to play the rookies like that.

Thanks for ignore the entirety of my post, specifically the last line bout these kids earning their chance. TM plays the line up that gives him the best chance to win. The lone player to debate about that is Brown. The rest are there 100% on merit and in the minutes they can best excel in in the coaches mind. Kaliyev isn't being asked to grind -it's probably exactly why he's with the best grinder we got in Lemieux- and '4th line' currently = 12:28 a game for him. That's 14th amongst rookie forwards with at least 10 games played this year in the entire NHL. He's being developed just fine.

Who knows, maybe hte same thing that happened to Iafallo happens to Frk.
You will never know until you try

What happened with Iafallo? He came straight out of college and into the NHL. Frk is in his 10th pro season and only one of the first nine he's played entirely in the NHL and that was five years ago. They aren't comparible.

Schmooley

Apr 5, 2016
Wouldnt mind Fiala on the Kings. You think Greenway, Dumba and Kahkonen are available?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Thanks for ignore the entirety of my post, specifically the last line bout these kids earning their chance. TM plays the line up that gives him the best chance to win. The lone player to debate about that is Brown. The rest are there 100% on merit and in the minutes they can best excel in in the coaches mind. Kaliyev isn't being asked to grind -it's probably exactly why he's with the best grinder we got in Lemieux- and '4th line' currently = 12:28 a game for him. That's 14th amongst rookie forwards with at least 10 games played this year in the entire NHL. He's being developed just fine.

Sorry, i didn't mean to ignore any part of your post.
I absolutely support the kids earning their place. Give a prospect 5 games and a real chance regarding to their skills and see what happens.
If the result is not the desired one, back to the AHL and work on skills.

What i absolutely disagree with is fielding the best chance to win, ignoring the youngsters.
Our core has absolutely proven that they are done and not able in any kind or form to take over a game.
No combination of our regulars will win games on a regular base.
So kiss goodbye the season, give the youngsters limited roles where they can succeed and grab a nice draft pick at the draft.

This is the best we can do for now. No trade or punishment of the youngsters will change that.
Of course all that is just my opinion

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad