Proposal: Top 6 Forward to LA

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
the kings are a dog team no room for cat people :sarcasm::sarcasm:
not-impressed-cat-is-not-impressed_o_328037.gif

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Wouldn't do Arvidsson for Gallagher straight up

Wouldn't do Vilardi + 2nd for Gallagher

Definitely would not do all three.
You guys should be a little more patient with Arvidsson, he's a good player. Very similar to Gallagher, although Gallagher's was better the last few seasons, Arvidsson's contract is much better.

Reactions: go4hockey

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Before we bring in any more players, i want the coaching staff removed.
This way of hockey is going nowhere.

If the staff stays, park all of our youngsters in Ontario and let the train wreck until our oldies contracts are one

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles
Before we bring in any more players, i want the coaching staff removed.
This way of hockey is going nowhere.

If the staff stays, park all of our youngsters in Ontario and let the train wreck until our oldies contracts are one
TM is doing the best with what he's got. It's Blake's fault we don't have more developed talent on the roster . My problem is not with McLellan. I think he's a good coach.

Reactions: kingsfan

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
TM is doing the best with what he's got. It's Blake's fault we don't have more developed talent on the roster . My problem is not with McLellan. I think he's a good coach.

I honestly can't follow how you come to this conclusion.

TM job is to create a slightly better outcome than last year and develop the youngsters. Keyword is developing.

Our youngsters show slow to no development and we can't play hockey.
This exactly the opposite of what i would call a good coach

We have guys like Frk and Tkachev ripping the AHL aprar while we field guys like Brown and Danauld.
This is the opposite of development.
If you can't play too many youngsters, at least rotate them so everyone gets a chance to show off.
I am still a proud owner of a jersey with the #23 and he will be in our hearts forever
but the NHL is not a charity. The target is to win the cup and that requires to score a goal from time to time.
This counts for the whole team.
I can't believe that our best winger is Lemieux. This guy got a chance and run with it

FSL KINGS

May 10, 2021
So you have a bunch of non elite prospect as untouchable , but a guy like Boeser never plays more then 70 games...? I'm confused.
Didn't make an offer. There are prospects I wouldn't move. A players injury history is important when looking to sign them to a 7.5-8 AAV contract for multiple years. Can't contribute if they aren't on the ice.

apocalypse

Dean Lombardi's Yes Man
Mar 20, 2017
Los Angeles

TM job is to create a slightly better outcome than last year and develop the youngsters. Keyword is developing.

We have guys like Frk and Tkachev ripping the AHL aprar while we field guys like Brown and Danauld.
If you can't play too many youngsters, at least rotate them so everyone gets a chance to show off.
I am still a proud owner of a jersey with the #23 and he will be in our hearts forever
but the NHL is not a charity. The target is to win the cup and that requires to score a goal from time to time.
I can't believe that our best winger is Lemieux. This guy got a chance and run with it
So would you agree that LA is mismanaging their prospects, by either not giving them enough time in the minors to develop or by not giving them enough game time to develop?

Do you dislike Danault? I think he's been great this season and has had incredible chemistry with Iafallo.

Do you think that Lemieux is not that good and not deserving to be called our 'best' winger or at least a good winger?

I'm curious to hear what you think.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada

TM's job is to win games and ice the best team possible. Development is mainly for Ontario.

Frk is nothing more than an elite minor leaguer right now. The guy passed through waivers seven weeks ago and no one claimed him for a reason. I like the guy and hope he gets a shot again but he's 28 and hasn't lit the world on fire in his 100+ NHL games so far. He's a fringe NHLer at best and has been waiver wire fodder for five years now. The ship has sailed on him. He doesn't hold Danault's jockstrap. You say the NHL is not a charity then advocate for some sort of carousel to give kids chances. This is the NHL, earn your chance.

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
If we're actually trading for a forward instead of promoting and developing one of a million options, the requirements for him to actually get playing time will be 1. can PK, 2. has to be on the wrong side of 27, 3. some sort of past teammate/connection of McLellan or Blake; 4. Good possession metrics but terrible finishing.

Docgonzo

Triple Crown Line
Jan 9, 2010
Chino, Ca

I’m assuming Danauld is Danault. But Danault and Frk are 28, how the heck do you develop a 28 year old? Pretty sure they’re already developed at that point. I mean they’re 5-6 years from retirement usually…

KingTech

Sep 20, 2020
its fair to not want to give up on him .. but to get quality in a trade you have to give quality ... well unless you can make a deal with benning .. haha jk, but you get me right ?
I totally agree however there is a lot of quality assets the don't get asked about. One of the best hidden gems would be Jarrett Anderson Dolan. He played most of last year on our bottom six. to me i think he could play 2c minutes and not look out of place. However our coach seem stuck on putting Lizotte there on bottom 6 minutes instead. I feel hes wasting away there in the Ahl I will keep the post short but i could also talk about Fagamo and kupari Thomas and many others in the same light of being under rated because Vilardi Bayfield Turrcotte Clarke etc have better shine on there games

Reactions: tkb81 and YP44

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
A player like Joel Armia would be a great fit in LA. Possession monster, good for 15-20 goals if he gets the minutes, great PKer…. And is on a solid contract for a few more years…. I mention him because we are pretty full at RW atm.

what would LA offer in return?

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
TM's job is to win games and ice the best team possible. Development is mainly for Ontario.

This team won't win anything with that core.
At this point our only realistic chance is to develop.
So TM's job is to build a better future. This includes fielding players by their strength, not by absolutely unrealistic expectations.
Kaliev is not a 4th line grinder, he scores goals when setup by a playmaker.
Right now he would be better off in Ontario if TM plans to play the rookies like that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad