Proposal: Top 6 C to Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
They can do both. You want to go after one in the draft, but if Wings don't start bottoming out their pick won't be high enough for an impact player within the next 2-3 years.

Any C drafted will be 1-2 years of wait, which is as it should usually be.

IF you are willing to pay SJ, and if they let you negotiate an extension, and he agrees to it,
THEN I think trying for Hertl depending on the price could make sense.

But as an expiring, those assets are wasted.
He could go anywhere, but if where he's traded will get dibs on first shot.

Only workaround to that is equiv of sign and trade.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Obviously I love Bertuzzi he has insane value to me but if he brings in a Stud C like Horvat/Miller I would trade him. Wings are a stud 2C away from being a pretty good team when Edvinsson comes up.

That’s impossible at this point considering he can’t play any games in Canada.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Red Wings should target Hertl and push the price down by taking Vlasic with him.

Honestly, Hertl would have to come with an extension, because the cost of dumping $7M x 4 years outweighs Hertl as a rental.

Even then while it’s intriguing I don’t think Detroit could do it without setting up a trap for themselves in the cap. They’ll have to extend Larkin, Bertuzzi, Seider, Raymond, and Hronek before Vlasic is off the books.

And if Seider and Raymond continue to play this way, they’re looking at $9M+ deals.

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ryan Strome
we'd prob prefer to max his value and retain half to do so,
but
happy to give him a good home
he'll want 6+ but I think you can get 5.25 x4
will allow you to prenegotiate that prior to deal

what do you offer?
retained he is worth a 20OA or worse first

Your 1st is too valuable for that

How about RS for DET 2021 2nd and DET 2022 3rd?

Reactions: Mister Ed

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
If you pay for Strome you might as well offer up a package to get Panarin with him. Apparently Panarin will go down swinging for Strome.

johnsic

Nov 12, 2009
Honestly, Hertl would have to come with an extension, because the cost of dumping $7M x 4 years outweighs Hertl as a rental.

Even then while it’s intriguing I don’t think Detroit could do it without setting up a trap for themselves in the cap. They’ll have to extend Larkin, Bertuzzi, Seider, Raymond, and Hronek before Vlasic is off the books.

And if Seider and Raymond continue to play this way, they’re looking at $9M+ deals.

Yeah but DeKeyser, Staal and Leddy are off the books after this season. You can easily have Vlasic playing in the 3rd pairing for a few seasons and then buyout him, send him to robidas island or trade him. Also he might bounce back like Staal did.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
Yeah but DeKeyser, Staal and Leddy are off the books after this season. You can easily have Vlasic playing in the 3rd pairing for a few seasons and then buyout him, send him to robidas island or trade him. Also he might bounce back like Staal did.

Do you honestly think Vlasic, who's sucked for a couple years now, is going to rebound at 36 or 37? To the degree that somebody would trade to pay him $7M?

Reactions: 10Ducky10

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
If I was Sharks GM I would give Hertl for free to get rid of Vlasic.
If we trade Hertl it means we don't plan on being competitive, so we won't need the cap space that Vlasic takes up. We won't trade our literal best player to free up cap space.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Sign Tomas Hertl in the offseason. Definitely the best player "available" right now.

If the Wings are interested in Miller or Horvat (I am definitely open to moving them), it will cost something significant. Probably need Edvinsson involved.

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Sign Tomas Hertl in the offseason. Definitely the best player "available" right now.

If the Wings are interested in Miller or Horvat (I am definitely open to moving them), it will cost something significant. Probably need Edvinsson involved.

And that is where the conversation would end, no offense.

pth2

Jan 7, 2018
I assume there is a little tongue planted in cheek with this one, but I don't see the Habs getting even close to what they gave up for Dvorak if they do move on. They may want to hold on to him and see if he can rebound a bit.
Why would that be tongue in cheek ? It's pretty much the best available comparison - a player fitting to a T what the OP was asking for. And Dvorak is playing just fine. 4 goals in his last few games, it just took him a while to adjust to a new system.

And given how the Habs have clearly fallen into rebuilding mode, you have to think Dvorak might be available. If the Habs are moving some other wingers, there's a fit there for Dvorak for Zadina, IMO. Assuming Zadina is still worth a 1st, I'd think a 2nd rounder and him would be a fair deal for Dvorak. I'm not sure Zadina's value hasn't fallen too much for this, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad