Proposal: Top 6 C to Detroit

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
So I guess the wings arent ass anymore? Feels weird to even say that but....

What would it cost for....

young(ish) 23-28 year old C who is good on Faceoffs, good lockeroom guy
Someone like horvat/Miller type guy

Who is available on the wings:
Hronek
Bertuzzi
Fabbri
Zadina
Rasmussen
Suter
Namestikov
Draft picks (2nd rounders+)
recent prospects (Berggren, Wallinder, Johansson, Buium, Neiderbach)
DET: can take a cap dump or retain on players to increase return

Anyone would be available at this price?

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Not much,wait until the offseason ...The price will be far too high right now

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Other than trading a ~2nd or smilar value for a 2nd/3rd line C rental to hopefully make the playoffs to get some experience, I’d rather wait and see what we can get for free in UFA.

If nothing is available at that point, then start looking for a 2C through trade and offering better prospects/picks

WingsToPick4th

Jan 5, 2020
Other than trading a ~2nd or smilar value for a 2nd/3rd line C rental to hopefully make the playoffs to get some experience, I’d rather wait and see what we can get for free in UFA.

If nothing is available at that point, then start looking for a 2C through trade and offering better prospects/picks

Who would you target

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
he looked really good in the games i saw of him
Yep Pinto looked great,then he blew out his shoulder,White blew his out in preseason..Both lost for the rest of the season...Hopefully we can get some luck at this years draft,but I dont have that much hope as we like Detroit , really dont get the league,s favor

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
Who would you target
monophy.gif

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
There’s a huge C crop available this off-season. Just wait and you can get someone good
So next summer these are the top 2 line (top 6) UFA centers: Malkin, Bergeron, Kesler, Hertl, Domi, Carter, Trocheck, Strome, Kadri

Of those names Malkin is too old to be a RW target, Bergeron probably isn't going anywhere (stay in Boston) even if he wasn't too old for Detroit, Kesler will never play again, Domi is better on the wing, Carter - see Malkin and Bergeron. So that leaves Hertl, Trocheck, Strome and Kadri. I would be reluctant to call that a huge C crop. I know there could be others under contract or RFA's made available but I'm not convinced waiting until the off season is going to make finding a top 6 C any easier.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
So next summer these are the top 2 line (top 6) UFA centers: Malkin, Bergeron, Kesler, Hertl, Domi, Carter, Trocheck, Strome, Kadri

Of those names Malkin is too old to be a RW target, Bergeron probably isn't going anywhere (stay in Boston) even if he wasn't too old for Detroit, Kesler will never play again, Domi is better on the wing, Carter - see Malkin and Bergeron. So that leaves Hertl, Trocheck, Strome and Kadri. I would be reluctant to call that a huge C crop. I know there could be others under contract or RFA's made available but I'm not convinced waiting until the off season is going to make finding a top 6 C any easier.
Difference is we can get these guys for free and have a ton of cap space.

I’d rather pay a few extra dollars rather than give a potential good player now or a 1st round pick and end up having this year just be a tease and we’re a lottery team again next season

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

There isn’t much available on the UFA market.

you want a good 2C …yet you think the spare parts will get it.

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
So I guess the wings arent ass anymore? Feels weird to even say that but....

What would it cost for....

young(ish) 23-28 year old C who is good on Faceoffs, good lockeroom guy
Someone like horvat/Miller type guy

Who is available on the wings:
Hronek
Bertuzzi
Fabbri
Zadina
Rasmussen
Suter
Namestikov
Draft picks (2nd rounders+)
recent prospects (Berggren, Wallinder, Johansson, Buium, Neiderbach)
DET: can take a cap dump or retain on players to increase return

Anyone would be available at this price?
I don’t think Horvat will be available.

You can make an offer for Miller. But the price will be high; we can easily retain 50% and take back a cap dump, meaning a lot of contenders will be able to fit him and there will likely be a bidding war amongst them.

Miller plays a physical game and is ppg, can play any forward position, pp, pk, and is good at faceoffs. He’s a little better at w than c though.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
Ud really like to see Hronek on the Leafs but if you're looking for a 2nd line center for him we dont have that. I'd be willing to move Holl and a pick for him though. Only reason i say that as I've seen him mentioned a lot by your Detroit fans as if they don't really want him anymore. I think he has lots of untapped potential still.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
There isn’t much available on the UFA market.

you want a good 2C …yet you think the spare parts will get it.
I never said I wanted a good 2C, I said a I wanted a 2/3C tweener, which almost always go for around a 2nd round pick as a rental

Last edited:

teemussalami

Mar 10, 2016
Ud really like to see Hronek on the Leafs but if you're looking for a 2nd line center for him we dont have that. I'd be willing to move Holl and a pick for him though. Only reason i say that as I've seen him mentioned a lot by your Detroit fans as if they don't really want him anymore. I think he has lots of untapped potential still.

That package doesn't get Hronek

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010

Kesler? First I though you meant Keller but he’s not a UFA

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad