Speculation: Top 5 goalies on the move...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
Halak to pitt definitely. Look for Edmonton to make a splash that isn't limited to this year. Colorado stands pat csuse Vegas us struggling. Boston and ott ship a goalie out . Price probably doenst play this year. Wash makes a pitch for MAF

Reactions: SherVaughn30

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I'm hesitant to bring in Ullmark. Say we bring him in, he brings 5mil for 3 years after this. If it doesn't work out we're on the hook for that it'll be just a other Koskinen situation.
I don't know why it wouldn't work out. Injuries aside, he played like a starting goalie in Buffalo of all places, when they were a lot worse than they are now (or we are now). Ullmark having 3 more years is exactly why Holland would have interest. He's said he doesn't want a rental. I just don't think he would waive his NMC less than a year after signing it, but if he would, I'd offer up Edmonton's 1st for Ullmark. They'd need to take Koskinen as well, as a taxi squad goalie.

Accelleratii

Jul 25, 2010
Pennsylvania
Who do you think moves before the deadline and where do they go?

Fleury to Colorado?
Korpisalo to Edmonton?
Ullmark to San Jose?
Forsberg to Tampa?
Halak to Pittsburgh?

Perhaps Stolarz to Buffalo?

I don't see Fleury on the move, regardless of how much sense it makes. I just don't see it happening.
Korpisalo in Edmonton? Why not just keep Koskinen?
Ullmark is not getting traded for the umpteenth time. NMC and Rask coming back was always a possibility for Boston. Enough already. Move on!
Forsberg and Halak, whatever.

One goalie I think should be on there is Varlamov. Good goalie at a good cap with one year left, usurped by a better, younger goalie, current team has very small chance of doing anything this year, and Lou is his GM.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I think Halak or Holtby would be great fits with the Avalanche.

Francouz and Kuemper are probably the two most injury prone goalies in the league, and Kuemper has been underwhelming. As far as I'm concerned, Colorado should carry three NHL caliber goalies heading into the playoffs to avoid Hammond/Hutchinson 3.0.

But if one of those two goes down before the trade deadline, as an Avs fan I'd greatly prefer Marc-André Fleury over the two insurance options I mentioned.
Holtby yes if the Stars continue to struggle badly on the road, but Halak no. Kuemper hasn't been as good as expected, but Francouz appears to be stepping it up after being out a long time because of injury. They can't have 3 goalies. If the Avs get another goalie, then Kuemper is traded at the deadline, especially since he becomes a UFA.

CapSpace

Caufield is lit
Nov 25, 2013
Near Montreal
Colorado should get Price I'd they wanna really go for the Cup. I know the money and all but he would dramatically enhance the chances of them winning.

Depends on too many things now. Not only how Price feels in his head, but his knee is f***ing up again and he basically needs to recover from it... again.

IMO he should call it a career.

Reactions: Nikolajs Sillers

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I don't see Fleury on the move, regardless of how much sense it makes. I just don't see it happening.
Korpisalo in Edmonton? Why not just keep Koskinen?
Ullmark is not getting traded for the umpteenth time. NMC and Rask coming back was always a possibility for Boston. Enough already. Move on!
Forsberg and Halak, whatever.

One goalie I think should be on there is Varlamov. Good goalie at a good cap with one year left, usurped by a better, younger goalie, current team has very small chance of doing anything this year, and Lou is his GM.

Varlamov could be traded if the Isles are not pushing on the edge for a Wild Card spot. I think they could actually get a mid range goal scorer for him, considering he still has the pedigree of being a #1 goalie. Sorokin has already shown he can be a better goalie than Varlamov, but that doesn't mean Varlamov is not good anymore. When you have $9 million combined in two goalies, and the younger cheaper($1 million less) goalie is outplaying the older goalie, then the older goalie becomes expendable as the $5 million can be allocated to goal scoring additions for the Isles.

Varlamov to the Oilers could be a good option for them considering McDavid/Draisaitl to start getting to playoffs consistently and win now!

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Price doesn't guarantee a cup either. Roy didn't win a cup in 6 of his 8 seasons with the Avs.
Uh, just like to point out that since the NHL switched to the best of 7 format all 4 rounds(I believe either it started in '87 or '88), no team has won more than 5 Cups. Nothing is guaranteed, but Price playing healthy again(it will happen as his career is not over) for a good team can be the difference in winning a Cup.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
Holtby yes if the Stars continue to struggle badly on the road, but Halak no. Kuemper hasn't been as good as expected, but Francouz appears to be stepping it up after being out a long time because of injury. They can't have 3 goalies. If the Avs get another goalie, then Kuemper is traded at the deadline, especially since he becomes a UFA.

It would definitely be unorthodox, there's no denying that. But Francouz and Kuemper are both made of glass, and Colorado has had to use Hammond and Hutchinson in elimination games two of the last four seasons.

Personally, I'd rather have a guy like Halak as a healthy scratch rather than a random 4th liner.

Reactions: IWantSakicAsMyGM

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Uh, just like to point out that since the NHL switched to the best of 7 format all 4 rounds(I believe either it started in '87 or '88), no team has won more than 5 Cups. Nothing is guaranteed, but Price playing healthy again(it will happen as his career is not over) for a good team can be the difference in winning a Cup.

Thanks?
This is a thread about Goalies possibly on the move with a reasonable understanding of this season as the time frame. That isn't likely to be Price.

Until he shows he is healthy and significantly better than the goalies on hand, it would be reckless for the Avs to add his cap and term even at 50%. If he comes roaring back then it can be reasonably be discussed as an option.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Not sure all or any caps fans agree with me but vancek is a mediocre goalie at best. Samsonov can't be trusted. Caps goalie situation is a gong show. Defense doesn't help them enough but if they are going to take a shot at some kind of run they need a goalie

Last edited:
Reactions: SherVaughn30

A1LeafNation

Good, is simply not good enough!
Oct 17, 2010
Not sure all or any caps fans agree with me but vancek is a mediocre goalie at best. Samsonov can't be trusted. Caps goalie situation is a gong show. Defense doesn't help them enough but if they are going to take a shot at some kind if run they need a goalie

Samsonov I think will sort himself out. He looks like a good one.

Vanecek is having a good year too.

Lots of goalies this year have been having down years.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
If I already had more than that, for my health and my family I'd do it in a second.
it's not like this is life threatening.. and what? he just keeps getting treatment and put on IR? I see no reason for him to retire. maybe he loves playing that much. who knows
but I don't care how much $$ you've made, especially in sports, 45m is a LOT of money

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
I can't see Edmonton being interested in any goalie who is not a known quality starter. MA Fleury should be their absolute and only target in that list.

why would he go to Edmonton. Chicago already promised him he doesn’t move unless he asks. Or he would have retired. He can choose his team

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
Nothing guarantees anything but he absolutely enhances your chances as I said. Anyone who denies that is not being realistic.

Not if he doesn't play and he regresses and takes a big chunk of our cap room. Roy played in the non cap era.

I would rather get Holtby, whose a much more affordable goalie who has actually won a cup.

Reactions: Ironworker

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Who do you think moves before the deadline and where do they go?

Fleury to Colorado?
Korpisalo to Edmonton?
Ullmark to San Jose?
Forsberg to Tampa?
Halak to Pittsburgh?

Perhaps Stolarz to Buffalo?

It all ready been reported Edmonton has no interest in him .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad