Speculation: Top 5 goalies on the move...

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Sharks have 0 interest in Ullmark with Reimer having a better season than him and Hill being already on the roster and showing signs of a turn around.

I'd rather have Ullmark over Hill but that's not really a feasible option. Ullmark has a full NMC through next season. Don't see why he'd leave when Boston will keep him there through this season with Rask and then probably need him with Swayman at least through next season. By the time Ullmark is probably actually available to the Sharks, Hill and Reimer's contracts will be expired. I could see the Sharks trading for him at that point but not before then.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Well I think he will be back before the playoffs. If you can get the guy, you get him. Last time your team did a move like this you won the Cup. You are absolutely not winning anything with Keumper, if he is even healthy come playoff time. You also never were winning anything with Grubauer. Your gonna go down the same road the Flyers refuse to stear away from. We have wasted so many great teams and good players prime years with below average inconsistent goaltending. Its actually hard to watch Colorado do the same, as I have seen it for 25+ years in Philly.

The last time, the guy we got was a 2 time Cup winner with 2 Conn Smythe trophies and 3 Vezinas. And there was no salary cap, so there was no real concern about his contract. So, not even remotely the same situation as getting a currently injured, inconsistent goalie who needed special covid rules to even drag his team to the playoffs for the last 4 years and has one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

I'd also point out that Jordan Binnington won a Cup. If he can do it, why can't someone like Kuemper or Grubauer?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
If Fluery is moved to Colorado that would be a concern. He should have been an Oiler last week if they were serious about righting the ship imo. I haven't looked at Chicago's spot in the standings lately but I had heard they would keep him until the fell out completely. Let's hope they wait until after the deadline to do that.

Forsberg would look good on a lot of teams including my Leafs but I doubt we can compete in his bidding.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
The last time, the guy we got was a 2 time Cup winner with 2 Conn Smythe trophies and 3 Vezinas. And there was no salary cap, so there was no real concern about his contract. So, not even remotely the same situation as getting a currently injured, inconsistent goalie who needed special covid rules to even drag his team to the playoffs for the last 4 years and has one of the worst contracts in the NHL.

I'd also point out that Jordan Binnington won a Cup. If he can do it, why can't someone like Kuemper or Grubauer?
Hey man I couldn't care less about your team in all honesty lol. I just know what a good team without a goalie is and it's the Avs. We arent gonna agree in this one. You can be stubborn for the sake of whatever and think Price doesn't win you a Cup. It's kinda comical how people like you have this almost arrogant defiance to taking the path of least resistance lol. Enjoy not winning, it becomes contagious.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
As an Oiler fan I'd limit our list to Fleury, Forsberg, Varlamov.

I'd be happy with Korpisalo, Bernier, or others in that tier or worse just to try someone else though

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

AslanRH

Not a Core Poster
Sponsor
Jun 5, 2012
Wyoming, USA
Hey man I couldn't care less about your team in all honesty lol. I just know what a good team without a goalie is and it's the Avs. We arent gonna agree in this one. You can be stubborn for the sake of whatever and think Price doesn't win you a Cup. It's kinda comical how people like you have this almost arrogant defiance to taking the path of least resistance lol. Enjoy not winning, it becomes contagious.

Price doesn't guarantee a cup either. Roy didn't win a cup in 6 of his 8 seasons with the Avs.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
Price doesn't guarantee a cup either. Roy didn't win a cup in 6 of his 8 seasons with the Avs.
Nothing guarantees anything but he absolutely enhances your chances as I said. Anyone who denies that is not being realistic.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Nothing guarantees anything but he absolutely enhances your chances as I said. Anyone who denies that is not being realistic.

Yeah man the guy coming off major knee surgery and addiction rehab, who hasn't played a game of hockey in 7 months, really enhances our chances.

He only just started the recovery from his surgery. He's not going to play hockey this year and he does absolutely nothing to help any team win a cup run night.

But sure, thanks for your quality insight big guy.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

I don't think there's a single goalie in the NHL who guarantees the Avs the Cup. Because, no matter who we get, there's always a chance of injury. There's also a chance of the other team shutting down our offense, or the other goalie standing on his head for 4 games, or any number of potential outcomes where we come up short. The reality is that it's really hard to win the Cup, even with the best team on paper, so, the whole premise of "get this guy and you win" is laughable. It's even funnier when it's said about someone who needed special covid rules to even drag his team into the playoffs.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
Yeah man the guy coming off major knee surgery and addiction rehab, who hasn't played a game of hockey in 7 months, really enhances our chances.

He only just started the recovery from his surgery. He's not going to play hockey this year and he does absolutely nothing to help any team win a cup run night.

But sure, thanks for your quality insight big guy.
Dude I hope you guys stay with what your doing. I'm not a fan of your team. It literally makes absolutely no difference to me. Your goalies arent good enough and have not been for a while.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
I don't think there's a single goalie in the NHL who guarantees the Avs the Cup. Because, no matter who we get, there's always a chance of injury. There's also a chance of the other team shutting down our offense, or the other goalie standing on his head for 4 games, or any number of potential outcomes where we come up short. The reality is that it's really hard to win the Cup, even with the best team on paper, so, the whole premise of "get this guy and you win" is laughable. It's even funnier when it's said about someone who needed special covid rules to even drag his team into the playoffs.
Your right. But if your gonna say Price is not a great goalie then that is incorrect. He is dramatically better then any goalie ur team has iced in years.

Moose and Squirrel

Jan 15, 2021
right NOW he's not enhancing anything. he's not playing, and if iirc, is still injured and undergoing re-evaluation

so for NOW, contract and age aside, he's not even an option. not sure why folks keep bringing it up

Reactions: Benstheman

Flyer lurker

Feb 16, 2019
Who do you think moves before the deadline and where do they go?

Fleury to Colorado?
Korpisalo to Edmonton?
Ullmark to San Jose?
Forsberg to Tampa?
Halak to Pittsburgh?

Perhaps Stolarz to Buffalo?
Nothing says stanley cup run like Korpisalo and Koskinen.

Jake Allen I would think should be somewhere on this list too.

Colorado absolutely should be looking at Fluery or Varmalov(if available) 100% agree

Is Ullmark that much of an upgrade over SJ goalies? Slightly better but 4 year 20m better? hmmm

I can see Forsberg to TBL. Elliott older than dirt.

Halak to pens 100% dead on the mark for move they should make.

Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Your right. But if your gonna say Price is not a great goalie then that is incorrect. He is dramatically better then any goalie ur team has iced in years.

When he's healthy and playing at the top of his game, I agree he is a great goalie. But, that's simply not enough to overlook his health concerns and contract issues and 4 years of inconsistent regular season play, especially not when there are very good guys potentially available for less that don't have any of those concerns.

But, I also don't buy into the doom and gloom that we can't possibly win with Kuemper, and think he gives us as good a chance as anyone else if he can settle in and play more like he did in Arizona. I also think Francouz is very good, when healthy. My concern in net is what happens if/when those guys get hurt, which is why I'd be all over Halak if he's available for a mid-round pick around the TDL. Or maybe Holtby. Or some other pretty good pending UFA backup type.

Ironworker

Dec 2, 2021
When he's healthy and playing at the top of his game, I agree he is a great goalie. But, that's simply not enough to overlook his health concerns and contract issues and 4 years of inconsistent regular season play, especially not when there are very good guys potentially available for less that don't have any of those concerns.

But, I also don't buy into the doom and gloom that we can't possibly win with Kuemper, and think he gives us as good a chance as anyone else if he can settle in and play more like he did in Arizona. I also think Francouz is very good, when healthy. My concern in net is what happens if/when those guys get hurt, which is why I'd be all over Halak if he's available for a mid-round pick around the TDL. Or maybe Holtby. Or some other pretty good pending UFA backup type.
You seem very realistic. I dont think he is good enough but worst goalies have won. You are spot on if he stays healthy and that's a big if with him. I guess time will tell

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
Who do you think moves before the deadline and where do they go?

Fleury to Colorado?
Korpisalo to Edmonton?
Ullmark to San Jose?
Forsberg to Tampa?
Halak to Pittsburgh?

Perhaps Stolarz to Buffalo?
:laugh: Greiss is better then Korpisalo and he'll be cheaper then any of those Goalies. Korpisalo is at least a 2nd round pick Greiss can be had for 50% retention and no more then a 4th or 5th round pick.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
You seem very realistic. I dont think he is good enough but worst goalies have won. You are spot on if he stays healthy and that's a big if with him. I guess time will tell

I also have my doubts, but giving him the chance to try is the only way to know for sure and that seems to be the plan for this season as long as he's healthy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad