Top 5 “can’t win with ‘em” players

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hangman005

It's my first day.
Apr 19, 2015
Iceland II the hotter crappier version.
Doesn't Jeff Skinner own the all time record for regular season games played without playing in a playoff game? All of this with being a first line player the majority of his career...

I think it has to be him.
On the brightside, I do find it kind of neat that I have the same playoff stats as an NHL player with 1000 games played.

Reactions: Cowumbus

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Idk why Barzal would make any of these lists. He was nearly dominant during NYI’s two ECF runs. He raises his game in the playoffs and is highly competitive.
Considering Barzal shows up in the playoffs unlike a few guys on the “team of destiny” no idea why people name him. Adam Faux going MIA when it gets physical and people claiming “he’s injured”, he should get the vote. Same can be said about DJ Mika and the rest of that overrated core.

Reactions: BelovedIsles

heksagon

Jul 27, 2010
Finland
But he isn't just a selke winner. He's a top line center who should be performing like one on both sides of the puck.

I mean, he didn't really shut anyone down in the finals, and either he shut down noted playoff performer Artemi Panarin or the rangers stink 5on5. It's not both. And for a team that stinks 5on5, getting 1 ES point in 6 games and being a -2 in the process doesn't scream high end top line center. He's a good player who is fortunate to play on a very deep team.

Barkov in these playoffs was pretty much a poor man's Ryan O'Reilly from the blue cup win.
He lead the Panthers in scoring in the playoffs. While leading them to a Stanley Cup. I'd say that's performing on both sides.

Oh, now I read the rest of your post, and I regret even bothering to reply... "doesn't scream high end top line center", lol. Just a "good" player fortunate... lol. POOR MANS RYAN O'REILLY, LOL!! Can I hire you for a stand up gig for my wedding? You are funny.

Remember, I never said anything about McDavid or anyone else being a "can't win with em" player, I'm just here to disprove hilariously inaccurate takes on Barkov.

I actually think the whole premise of this thread is silly, you could technically win with a pylon on your team with the right circumstances.

Grifter3511

Nov 3, 2009
He lead the Panthers in scoring in the playoffs. While leading them to a Stanley Cup. I'd say that's performing on both sides.

Oh, now I read the rest of your post, and I regret even bothering to reply... "doesn't scream high end top line center", lol. Just a "good" player fortunate... lol. POOR MANS RYAN O'REILLY, LOL!! Can I hire you for a stand up gig for my wedding? You are funny.

Remember, I never said anything about McDavid or anyone else being a "can't win with em" player, I'm just here to disprove hilariously inaccurate takes on Barkov.

I actually think the whole premise of this thread is silly, you could technically win with a pylon on your team with the right circumstances
I totally agree 100%. I think any player can win the cup in the right situation. Hence why all I'm doing is responding to the poster who thinks Barkov is more instrumental than McDavid and acting like Barkov is a generational talent and not just a really good player fortunate to play on a really good team.

Stive Morgan

Fatso forgot to shake my hand
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Why isn’t the 2021 playoffs considered real playoffs? Talk about cherry picking.
The fact is he’s had one amazing playoffs and one terrible playoffs. I’d look more at players who consistently underperform.
Different circumstances, playing in front of a crowd (both the opposing and his own) as well as travel fatigue as opposed to playing in one city/arena, etc., but like I said it's too small of a sample size to say anything definitively

Not trying to hate on Petey or the Canucks, just something to consider.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
As much as I don’t like it Edmonton seems to have a solid chance at winning with Nurse lol.

200w.gif

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Uf. This thread is le bad.

They very concept is utterly misguided and many of the posts demonstrate a media-narrative depth understanding of hockey that betrays fundamental misunderstanding.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad