Top 20 Quebecers in the NHL

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Yes they would? I'm bilingual and I would have a problem with a business that doesn't care about the national language. Anyway, it just doesn't make sense at all business wise. Businessmen don't get stuck thinking "I speak ENGLISH and I don't care about the customers who don't understand ME!!!" This would be plain stupid.

Businesses adapt to their market. It's not the other way around.

You want to do business in Sweden? Learn Swedish! Do advertising in Swedish, hire staff that speaks Swedish. Even if 50% of the population can understand English to varying degrees. Would you go to Africa and target "white customers only"? No right! That would be dumb. And mostly, it would be quite insensitive to the locals.

I don't even know what there is to argue here. It's just common sense capitalism.
I agree with your entire point wholeheartedly I just want to point out the funny fact that Sweden actually has a higher % of their population that speaks English than Canada.

Reactions: Bradely

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
So 51.7 % of the province that speaks English regularly in Quebec shouldn't be considered?

If a business, like the board game store is at the mercy of both the language police and the other companies who don't print their products in both languages and thus go under because of the severe limitations of what's now available to them and thus the customer, you're applauding it?

In the end, all I'm hearing is "f*** that store and the owner".
I don't know where you took your numbers..... just saying.

Bold part, if a business owner dislike the French factor, French culture in Québec, and does not give a shit about me and mine, than my answer is YES he can get the f... o....

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
I don't know where you took your numbers..... just saying.

Bold part, if a business owner dislike the French factor, French culture in Québec, and does not give a shit about me and mine, than my answer is YES he can get the f... o....
I think if you own a specialty store, you don’t have the financial authority to make political statements and potentially alienate your demographic. If you think the store owner made the choices he did as some sort of a statement and not because they sell what they are able to obtain, well, i guess that’s on brand with how most French québécois think. Very little rational logic and everything a personal attack.

It was never a case of the store ONLY having English games. They sold both, but the OQLF said a) the owner cannot talk to customers in English, b) they cannot sell games that don’t have a French translated version and c) cannot sell English games if the French version is sold out.

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I think if you own a specialty store, you don’t have the financial authority to make political statements and potentially alienate your demographic. If you think the store owner made the choices he did as some sort of a statement and not because they sell what they are able to obtain, well, i guess that’s on brand with how most French québécois think. Very little rational logic and everything a personal attack.

It was never a case of the store ONLY having English games. They sold both, but the OQLF said a) the owner cannot talk to customers in English, b) they cannot sell games that don’t have a French translated version and c) cannot sell English games if the French version is sold out.
My father talk to the man who told him someone heard someone saying this and this and this......

I would like to investigate the case you are referring to, in all its angle, not only your appreciation of it or of what you heard. Usely, I come down to a WAY different conclusion........

You seem to be from Vegas if I am correct. What's your take on Trump!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad