Top 20 Quebecers in the NHL

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
What happened to hockey in Quebec? This list would have been incredible 30+ years ago.

The biggest concern is how and when the Quebec goalie factory shutdown, they err putting up historic numbers for a while.

The rest of Canada can handle the forwards and defensemen, They need Quebec to produce goalies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It’s a far cry from the past, there’s no doubting that.

I think a lot rests on Lafreniere. As should be expected. He turned into a great top six complimentary player last season, a standout at even strength. Does he have enough creativity in his locker to take that next step as a PP mainstay and star scorer? If he does, that’s huge.

Also the bright side - I think Lapierre has a ton of momentum and will shoot up this list quickly. Luneau and Bourque should establish themselves as NHLers this year with top six/top four upside.

And importantly - I think the 2025 draft is shaping up to be a good one for the province, the best in a long time. I think Desnoyers and Guite both could threaten to be lottery picks and Carbonneau is positioning himself not only as another potential first rounder but potentially another top 20 pick. If Quebec produces three top 15-20 picks in what is shaping up to be a good draft crop, that’s a big step in the right direction.

A little victory, for sure, compared to past glories. But a step. Now we need that classic butterfly star in net. A few years ago, Gabriel D’Aigle looked like the phenom that was promised…but he appears to be falling flat, hard, as his draft year arrives. That 6-8 kid Denault is probably worth monitoring though.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad