Seravalli: Tony D to Toronto?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
53 points in 68 games and his team still told him to f*** off. That just might be a sign that tony is a little difficult to work with!

Reactions: Rob Brown

Leaf Fans

Sep 29, 2017
This myth really needs to die. If you're going to make fun of Tavares, get it right. It was a Leafs blanket, not pajamas! Blanket Boy just works better than Pajama Boy.
Come on. For those people, distinguishing between a blanket and pajamas is hard. You read the rest of the post. There was absolutely no thought put into it.

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
The reason why I could see this move is the Leafs power play stopped working last year for a couple months at the end of the season. They could come to the conclusion that Tony D is the cheapest fix in the FA market.

I'm not sure where to put him in the lineup, outside of PP#1 to replace Rielly. The second pairing has been used as a shutdown pairing with Muzzin and Holl and Sandin is the most likely starting LD on the 3rd pairing. So, playing next to a rookie in Sandin who comes with some defensive maturation ahead of him may not be a great spot for him. If they dropped Holl with Sandin to cover him and made a Muzzin - DeAngelo pairing, that could solve the issue and create 3 balanced pairings, but the second pairing would no longer be a primary shutdown pairing.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Not really, the joke gets funnier every day for non Leafs fans. Can't wait to see what else comes from Dubas's inability to negotiate with his players, all because some kid wanted to play for the team his pajamas liked.
You must have a pretty terrible sense of humour.

Omar23

Jun 14, 2021
West coast
This myth really needs to die. If you're going to make fun of Tavares, get it right. It was a Leafs blanket, not pajamas! Blanket Boy just works better than Pajama Boy.
Wasn’t making fun of tavares, he’s avery good player
I’m making fun of dubas. Why would you sign a center, when you already have one of the best in the league. Offense was looking good, and the big 3 we’re going to need new contracts. Dubas spends his whole wad on a free agent center. Holds press conferences smiles at the cameras, shakes his new star’s hands. Does interviews, he a star himself
Then he tells nylanders agent, team going to need a hometown discount. Dubas blew it, and now he can’t fix it. Surprised shanahan stood by and let this happen. I cobe wrong, but that’s the way I see it

Waivers

Sep 27, 2013
NY
Guy is a head case. Tampa, Arizona, New York - you name it. He won’t last anywhere he goes.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Wasn’t making fun of tavares, he’s avery good player
I’m making fun of dubas. Why would you sign a center, when you already have one of the best in the league. Offense was looking good, and the big 3 we’re going to need new contracts. Dubas spends his whole wad on a free agent center. Holds press conferences smiles at the cameras, shakes his new star’s hands. Does interviews, he a star himself
Then he tells nylanders agent, team going to need a hometown discount. Dubas blew it, and now he can’t fix it. Surprised shanahan stood by and let this happen. I cobe wrong, but that’s the way I see it
Whenever you can add a superstar player via free agency you do it, it’s that simple

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
As long as this makes the leafs a better team I’m happy. Clearly all these leaf fans are fake fans because I don’t care what terrible things he does off them ice to women/children etc the leafs need a cup.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I thought MTL was at the front of the race to sign him?
On the surface that makes sense. However, given his reign in Chicago and now the most recent draft, Bergevin is showing a tendency to focus on a very specific type of player. D'Angelo is a headcase but doesn't appear to disrespect personal boundaries. I think Bergevin will focus on Virtanen. More his kind of people.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
On the surface that makes sense. However, given his reign in Chicago and now the most recent draft, Bergevin is showing a tendency to focus on a very specific type of player. D'Angelo is a headcase but doesn't appear to disrespect personal boundaries. I think Bergevin will focus on Virtanen. More his kind of people.
virtanen wouldn't crack the lineup

Quinnisinoverhishead

Oct 4, 2014
I've been saying that they should grab him for almost a year now. He would have been perfect for them last year. Plays with grit, can quarterback a powerplay. Absolute perfect fit. Dubas went out acquiring Simmonds, Foligno, Thornton, etc. I loved him as a Ranger.
"Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone" - Jesus
Nobody is perfect. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong this year. No better place than T.O.

Mad hatter

Go Leafs Go
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Acton Ontario
and it never came out to the main media in Detroit, not till the fragile lambs started to cry about it. Babcock may be a piece of shit, but marner is a child
Should probably do some fact checking before you post, there was complaints about him before he left Detroit. I get it though, the leafs wouldn’t look soft if you had

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I've been saying that they should grab him for almost a year now. He would have been perfect for them last year. Plays with grit, can quarterback a powerplay. Absolute perfect fit. Dubas went out acquiring Simmonds, Foligno, Thornton, etc. I loved him as a Ranger.
"Let he who has not sinned, cast the first stone" - Jesus
Nobody is perfect. I hope he proves all the doubters wrong this year. No better place than T.O.

The guy has been a problem on all 3 NHL teams he's been on and was a problem in juniors. Toronto isn't fixing that. Maybe a team with massive amounts of veterans can get him to keep his mouth shut but in Toronto with the media circus around the Leafs and the weak leadership their core has shown so far this would end horribly.

Reactions: Necrobutcher

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad