Confirmed with Link: Tomas Jurco to Hawks for Third Round Pick

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Fine. He was active around the net and responsible defensively.

If fine = ho hum, then I agree, but it's one game. I reckon he will need at least 5 games before I can say anything about Jurco and how he will fit in but you can probably tell that I'm not overly optimistic.

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Fine is awesome for his first game with a new team and system.
Give the guy some time and some good vibes!
We could all use a little Bob Marley mon!

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Yep. Sounds exactly like Jurco. He's just always "there".

He looks good in your jersey though, hope he can flourish a bit.

He does seem somewhat "skilled" though. He's got some hands.

Jurco's role on the Hawks is very simple. Don't make mistakes in our own zone. Keep it simple defensively. Get his body in front of the net. Bang in rebounds with his good hands.

He has some skillsets the Hawks lack. Ladd, Buff, Bickell, Shaw, etc. made a lot of money being a net presence for the Hawks. Hopefully, Jurco sees the opportunity as motivation. Heck, Panik revived his career doing similar things.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
If fine = ho hum, then I agree, but it's one game. I reckon he will need at least 5 games before I can say anything about Jurco and how he will fit in but you can probably tell that I'm not overly optimistic.

Fine = ho hum, yes.

Great
Good
Solid
Fine
Bad
Kruger:sarcasm:

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
I don't get this trade at all....

Jurco for a 3rd...... Why not Eaves for a 2nd?

I give total props to Bowman on the Oduya trade, I mean that made my day being an Oduya fanboy, but I question this Jurco deal.

Interesting tho, because I recall one of you posters calling for a Jurco trade a few weeks ago.....

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013

I give total props to Bowman on the Oduya trade, I mean that made my day being an Oduya fanboy, but I question this Jurco deal.

Interesting tho, because I recall one of you posters calling for a Jurco trade a few weeks ago.....

The Eaves pick also could turn into a 1st if Ducks make the WCF. And I assume a 1st was a must have for Stars to deal in the division.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Probably because Eaves is not worth a 2nd. His box stats are bring propped up by career high pp time and pp sh%.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I don't see Jurco and Vanek being related. IMO, Jurco is a move for the next few years, and Stan could be looking for something else for this year in the Vanek mold.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Vanek just went for a 3rd. Did the ask on Vanek plummet over the last few days, or did Bowman choose Jurco over Vanek?

I think there is just a ton of doubt about Vanek still being able to help a contender after his last couple of dreadful playoff performances. He had some success early in his career in the playoffs, but it has been a while. I don't think there was ever a serious market for him no matter how good he looked for Detroit.

HawkeyFanatic

Dec 15, 2007
N/A
Vanek is also very slow and knows as poor defensively.

I agree that Chicago could have used the 3rd to get something more helpful for this year, but I dont think Vanek is the guy

topnotch

Oct 20, 2010
I think there is just a ton of doubt about Vanek still being able to help a contender after his last couple of dreadful playoff performances. He had some success early in his career in the playoffs, but it has been a while. I don't think there was ever a serious market for him no matter how good he looked for Detroit.

This.

Vanek's price has been set in previous deadlines. Teams don't want him just to float around.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
vanek is terrible for the playoffs. complete liability defensively. I think jurco wont see the ice this year in the playoffs but will emerge next year as a full time 3rd liner

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
yeah i didn't like 13 at all last night. I mean i don't see him backcheck. I was going to get on the PC and say wow is he slow. He had one shift he took some strides and hit a guy in the corner, heavily. So I saw one good thing, but he looks tired and slow and stiff most of the time.

8 is so so good right now.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
yeah i didn't like 13 at all last night. I mean i don't see him backcheck. I was going to get on the PC and say wow is he slow. He had one shift he took some strides and hit a guy in the corner, heavily. So I saw one good thing, but he looks tired and slow and stiff most of the time.

Yeah, he hasn't looked great, but IMO, Panik had quite a few nights when he first got here where he didn't look good either, and even in games earlier this year. Still time, he can learn a thing or two from Toews and Hossa about backchecking.

illinidrums

Feb 28, 2017

Disagree on the first part, I noticed him a lot defensively on different shifts. I thought he had a pretty nice night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad