Confirmed with Link: Tomas Jurco to Hawks for Third Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Even in a strong draft, how many 3rd round picks are highly regarded prospects. You have a lot more misses than hits. Jurco's struggled, but I don't think we're going to find anyone with his upside in the 3rd round of the 2017 draft. Cost is the only issue. If Jurco performs, he'll cost more money sooner. However, that's a good problem.

let me add that the hawks needs some help now, for that playoff run. that pick, the 3rd round will take time to develop and that is a future problem.

plus it is better than loosing a 1st rounder for a freaking rental.

CallMeShaft

34 Counts
Apr 14, 2014
Honestly a bit surprised by him playing 3LW. I understand it, what with playing with his fellow countrymen Marian Hossa. Just wasn't really expecting it (especially with Rasmussen taking all the draws for Kruger these past few weeks).

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I would love for someone to please point out specifics in any given game where Kruger actually helps. When he missed a bunch of games last season his absence went essentially unnoticed.

i am not taking side here, esp since i wanted kruger traded earlier in this season.

but bottom 3 to bottom 6 players are players who helps the team. they help in little ways, checking, pk'ing, they play the little game that helps a team win. they do this while letting the better skilled players to play their game.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Say what you will Jurco shouldn't be gifted a spot in the top six when what we have is working so well. If the fourth line is Moose/Desi then yea he's absolutely being set up to fail.

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
It wouldn't surprise me at all if Hino is called up again once the roster limit is relaxed on deadline day. Hino was simply the least important waiver-exempt player so when the deal was made for Jurco they sent him down for a few days. The Hawks were never going to waive Desi, Tootoo, or Moose and risk losing them (and damaging the feeling in the locker room) when they could send down a 4th line rookie for less than a week. The Hawks lines for the game against Pitt could very well be:

Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Panarin-Anisimov-Kane
Jurco-Kruger-Hossa
Hartman-Kero-Hino
Scratches - Desi, Moose, TooToo

Great explanation. Hino should be back soon and playing.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Kruger's value is maximized when he takes a pair of meh wingers and plays his shutdown role. He's way more valuable eating minutes on the fourth line than killing offensive chances on the third line.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Kruger's biggest asset is that he accepted that his role is to chip it out and chip it to get a whistle. ANY NHL caliber player could do the same thing.

The only question is would they get the same love from Q and Stan.

Kruger has no unique skill set.

If you do not think that Kruger is a very good defensive player that breaks up countless plays in the Hawks zone and is almost always in the right place to assist with breakouts from that end then I'm sorry you do not know what you are talking about. Not only is it untrue that any NHL player do that, but he is most definitely in the upper quarter of the league in doing that.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
If you do not think that Kruger is a very good defensive player that breaks up countless plays in the Hawks zone and is almost always in the right place to assist with breakouts from that end then I'm sorry you do not know what you are talking about. Not only is it untrue that any NHL player do that, but he is most definitely in the upper quarter of the league in doing that.

Please, that's ridiculous. Give any player the latitude to only play on their own end and they accept that role, same result.

Defense can be taught, offensive flair and finish, not so much.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

Wow. He's that good? Sorry, calling BS.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Kruger contributes much, much more to the Blackhawks ability to win than Hino.

Frankly, I'd be shocked if Hino was any kind of long-term fixture on the Blackhawks. There a lot of more promising prospects coming up the pipeline, and his only real asset is speed. Which is important, but he's very good at getting nowhere important very quickly.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

Frankly, I'd be shocked if Hino was any kind of long-term fixture on the Blackhawks. There a lot of more promising prospects coming up the pipeline, and his only real asset is speed. Which is important, but he's very good at getting nowhere important very quickly.

Yeah, no.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
First of all, Kruger is still not 100% because if he were he would be taking faceoffs. Will he be 100% by the playoffs? I don't know, but if he is 100% by the playoffs he will greatly enhance our PK - the same way he did last season when he came back from injury. Yeah he's overpaid because he doesn't score - but a 100% Kruger is a valuable player in a Cup run.

Second, looking at the highlight youtube of Jurco's goals, they are all within 10 feet of the net and most of them on quick hands tip ins on rebounds. Very nice net front presence with the ability to hang in there and battle for a tip in. Not unlike Panik, but Panik has also scored some on hard shots from farther out.

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Yeah I still think Hino just needs to slow down the game. He moves too quickly for his own good at this point. I don't ever think he'll show that offensive output he did at the AHL in the NHL but I could be wrong of course. Just my opinion.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
There are 2 things Kruger must do I'm addition to the neutral zone shut off and d-zone chip put roles his fan club posters are lauding him for...these are. .Win Draws in your own zone...He is not ...Mode was taking draws for that line...And the second thing he must do is make a difference on the pk to the point of being SO GOOD that this aspect alone keeps him.in the lineup despite horrid offensive production and killing a line for a team deep in 4 line attack which they might get with a better attack g C...I would argue that Hino was actually better in the neutral zone the past month in closing off and taking pucks away and pouncing pn loose pucks and opposition mistakes and transitioning to attack.What does this leave for Kruger over Vinny? NOT MUCH ...perhaps a better chip.out in d-zone...Surely the coaches cam teach that of it is missing by Vinny to the extent Kruger is deemed to be at a better level doing it ..But this 1 thing is hardly enough to keep Kruger I the lineup. .especially if he is not taking (and then winning) draws and especially if he has not got our PP back to top ten inbthe league as measured since he got back into.the lineup from.injury...Prove to.me ghag Kruger's mere presence on the pk has turned it back to elite in the games since he came back from.injury?The start of the season
..sure it was horrid because they all were horrid on it...When Kruger got back from.injury there was pk improvement but due also to other pk guys picking up their efforts too ...You cannot be as horrid as the pk team were the first 15 games ..so they had to improve..But improve how much? Just use the last 30 games Kruger has played on the pk. ..Has he made so much difference that in this last 30Hawks pk has been at least top 10 ?If not then given his flaws in so many other areas the Kruger value has to be mitigated downwards.

Now you can consider the season and sat Vinny is at 0 in the +/- and that Kruger is a whopping +4 and that justifies him not Vinny playing ...

BUT Vinny was trending up as the Kid line was sparking the last 2 weeks .and do if trends Co tinted in upward direction by now till end of the seadon who would not bet on Vinny finishing at a higher +/' than Kruger? Neither of them us worth $3 million a year at this point ..but Vinny could be that if his development continues trending up...Kruger has Zero upside.We know what he has ....minute cruncher ...no offense...marginal winner of shutdown battles ...to the extent that +4 against top 2 lines is a big win .But if the kids line with Vinny could produce offense and still hold to evens defensively then it is a no brained that overview remainder of tge season Vinny would be probably +7 to + 10 at End. .Is Kruger going to be so impactful at shutdown that he will be better at evens strictly by defense?Cause he ain't going to generate scoring.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

JD next game can you point out where Kruger makes impactful defensive plays? You will notice this year that those plays don't happen as often. He just is not the same player right now. He is weaker, has zero stick strength (very different than the past), and turns the puck over more often.

There are situations where the advanced numbers don't actually tell the true story and similar to Rundblad 2 or 3 years ago Kruger has been far less impactful this year compared to the past.

I think Kruger has been great in years past but it is much different this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad