Confirmed with Link: Tomas Jurco to Hawks for Third Round Pick

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Stan missed out on Stalberg, thats the move he should have gone with for the forwards, Jurco looks uninterested

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
He definitely didn't miss out on Stalberg. Stalberg isn't a good hockey player.

He is much better better than Hinostroza, Rasmussen, Jurco, Kruger and Kero. Lets leave the last two out of it since they are defensive centers so he is an improvement over two guys in the lineup from last night. Your statement is just false.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He is better better than Hinostroza, Rasmussen, Jurco, Kruger and Kero. Lets leave the last two out of it since they are defensive centers so he is an improvement over two guys in the lineup last night.

What gives you the idea that he is better than Hinostroza? Hinostroza has more points in far less games played. I'll give you maybe Rasmussen and Jurco, but i'll leave Jurco out because he was a move for the future, not this year.

So he is better than Rasmussen, who actually knows how to play defense, but it isn't worth giving up a pick for Stalberg for a very very slight improvement offensively over Rasmussen.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
For what it is worth Stalberg has transformed himself into a good defensive forward and even a good penalty killer. Don't judge him by how he played with the Hawks previously.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
He is much better better than Hinostroza, Rasmussen, Jurco, Kruger and Kero. Lets leave the last two out of it since they are defensive centers so he is an improvement over two guys in the lineup from last night. Your statement is just false.

Farthest thing from false. Hino, Kruger, and Kero are all better players than Stalberg, AINEC. Ras is basically a wash. Similar size, production, etc. I'd much rather have these young guys(with the exception of Kruger being young) in there getting experience over a 31 year old Stalberg that offers very little at this point in his career.

And... just to compare.

Stalberg - 57GP, 9g, 3a, 12 points, -6

Hino - 48gp, 6g, 8a, 14 points, even
Ras - 58gp, 4g, 4a, 8 points, -2
Kero - 28gp, 5g, 6a, 11 points, +13
Kruger - 51gp, 2g, 10a, 12 points, +4

Jurco has only been here two games, and needs to settle in and build some chemistry. Won't pass judgement on him until there's a larger sample size than 2gp for the Hawks, and he falls into his place in the lineup. But he's shown flashes of having some talent there.

So... yeah. He's not false. And this is strictly based on "stats". The eye-test also shows that, at the very least, Hino, Kero, and Kruger are better. Ras is a wash, and Jurco is too early to tell.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Jurco has above average size and speed and has flashed some good hands. He has also shown no hesitation to go into the corners or the front of the net. Definitely see some similarities to Panik. Tools are there.

Too early to tell if he has the hockey sense and the confidence to capitalize on it.

kmwtrucks

Mar 11, 2014

Jurco looked better last night then his 1st game and Q is not doing him any favors switching his line mates every second.

Kero was 8-1 at the DOT last night and can PK and is solid Def. No idea why you say stalberg is better.

Moose looked a little slow in game like that. Maybe he does not have the speed for playoff hockey.

Kruger is just not himself but kruger from 2015 if he can get back there is also better on the 4th line then Berg.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
For what it is worth Stalberg has transformed himself into a good defensive forward and even a good penalty killer. Don't judge him by how he played with the Hawks previously.

Just because he killed penalties in Carolina, doesn't mean he is a good defensive forward. Maybe he has improved, but he wouldn't be put in a defensive role on this team, and he would be sitting in the press box more often than not. Rather have Shalunov come over and have a spot for him than waste a pick on Stalberg.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Stan missed out on Stalberg, thats the move he should have gone with for the forwards, Jurco looks uninterested

As much as I think Stalberg gets far too much hate with certain posters here, there's not a chance in hell Q or Stalberg would want anything to do with each other again.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Jurco looked better last night then his 1st game and Q is not doing him any favors switching his line mates every second.

Kero was 8-1 at the DOT last night and can PK and is solid Def. No idea why you say stalberg is better.

Moose looked a little slow in game like that. Maybe he does not have the speed for playoff hockey.

Kruger is just not himself but kruger from 2015 if he can get back there is also better on the 4th line then Berg.

I like Ras but his lack of speed and quickness is definitely a concern at crunch time. If Hawks are healthy I can see Ras sitting in the PO's.

mikee

Jul 6, 2016
Just because he killed penalties in Carolina, doesn't mean he is a good defensive forward. Maybe he has improved, but he wouldn't be put in a defensive role on this team, and he would be sitting in the press box more often than not. Rather have Shalunov come over and have a spot for him than waste a pick on Stalberg.

I'm not arguing that the Hawks should have gone after him. I'd rather play a young player. But there are people basing their opinions on Stalberg on outdated info. He is a different player now then he was in 2013. There is no reason to trash him just because you don't want him on the team.

tdfxman

Jul 5, 2010
Disagree on the first part, I noticed him a lot defensively on different shifts. I thought he had a pretty nice night.

that's fine I just noticed him and watched his skating, it was horrible. I was like can he TAKE strides, wow slow.

Those are the thoughts I had, he seems to have some nice hands. But yeah no chemistry, not knowing system yet leads to that "slowness". I liked when he actually strided and hit the guy in the corner.

I think they got 13 for 2 reasons, to be better than Ras on the 3rd line, add some O to it and 2) be a depth guy in future ala Panik.

I am a bit worried 13 isn't that good, but it's early.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I'm not arguing that the Hawks should have gone after him. I'd rather play a young player. But there are people basing their opinions on Stalberg on outdated info. He is a different player now then he was in 2013. There is no reason to trash him just because you don't want him on the team.

I'm not trashing him, just saying that I don't think he is a good hockey player at all, and the Hawks didn't miss out at all on acquiring him. He has 12pts in 58GP.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
They gotta get Hino and that speed back in..the pace of the game goes up if tjey can get the kid line re-unite for the playoffs ...hope lye then injury situation resolves. ..I agree ...Kruger is not himself and IF Stan lands Shalunov and Anisimov back healthy they can either put Shalunov at 3C or 1LW and then Schmaltz or Anisimov are 2C and 3C (if Shalunov
at wing...but not sure which ought to play 2C in that case ..Schmaltz looked good at C with Kane ...goals off the crush not so much Kane slowing things to spot open guys from the half-way. ..speed opens up rushes and 2on1s...pn the other hand Anisimov with Hossa on line 3 would be a strength and power game off wall battles and take it to tge net .So if we get another 1LW then you could do this).Alternatively if Shalunov does not sign now but only for next season ..then the other option is maybe Hayden to play 1LW (though I think he played RW this season ...correct me if I am wrong on that..still wingers should be able to play off wing too).

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Love the Oduya deal, but this one's looking like another Bowman blunder

Panik overslept a practice early into his Hawk tenure. Give it time. Jurco has talent. The Blackhawks are pretty good maximizing talent with decent hands willing to get in front of the net. Let's hope he buys into the defensive system first.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City

I disagree but it doesn't matter what we think. Q wouldn't trust Stalberg, and therefore it would have been a waste for Bowman to trade for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad