Value of: Tomas Hertl

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Sharks chances of resigning Toe Mosh are fading as the frustration of a "re-tool", and impending free agency looms in the summer. Team looked ahead of schedule but has all but collapsed recently. Haven't seen much speculation out there, but I'm of the assumption that Hertl wants to play in a bigger market for a more competitive franchise in the nearer future than San Jose. What teams would make good partners and what does the value look like for #48?

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I wouldn’t trade him for less than a first+good prospect. The Bruins are probably on paper one of the better fits. Ideally we get Lysell from them but if we can’t something like 1st+Beecher+cap I’d do.

Reactions: PacificOceanPotion

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
its tricky decision for teams to weigh, given the high acquisition cost, even as a rental
Extending him will be a second challenge - he has history of knee issues, 9 seasons of wear and tear, and likely very high extension Cap Hit

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
its tricky decision for teams to weigh, given the high acquisition cost, even as a rental
Extending him will be a second challenge - he has history of knee issues, 9 seasons of wear and tear, and likely very high extension Cap Hit
I hear ya on that. I will say, his knee issues look to be far in the past. Hes looked just as strong, if not stronger, and more dominant the past few years. No lingering issues seem to be of concern with the knees. Wear and tear is always a concern as guys get older. Hes relied on so much for this team, another reason I think he'd rather go somewhere he'd get a lot more help in the lineup.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I wouldn’t trade him for less than a first+good prospect. The Bruins are probably on paper one of the better fits. Ideally we get Lysell from them but if we can’t something like 1st+Beecher+cap I’d do.

You’d settle for Beecher? The Bruins should be all over a trade like that. Fortifying a second line with Hertl to go with Hall (or pairing him with countryman Pasta) would suddenly make the Bruins extremely formidable up front and give them a great top “bridge” center as Bergeron ages and they try to develop other options from within. I’d think the Bruins would not only have interest in trading for Hertl but resigning him to a long-term deal as well. Seems like an outstanding fit. Figured they would get outbid from a prospect standpoint.

Reactions: Nowotny

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
You’d settle for Beecher? The Bruins should be all over a trade like that. Fortifying a second line with Hertl to go with Hall (or pairing him with countryman Pasta) would suddenly make the Bruins extremely formidable up front and give them a great top “bridge” center as Bergeron ages and they try to develop other options from within. I’d think the Bruins would not only have interest in trading for Hertl but resigning him to a long-term deal as well. Seems like an outstanding fit. Figured they would get outbid from a prospect standpoint.

The way Beecher has been going, I don't think I would settle for him. I'd probably ask for Lohrei to be that prospect.

xjoeyc23x

Apr 1, 2015
With a 1st bruins would be reluctant to include Lohrei or Lysell for a UFA to be

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Me too. A 1st and prospect get it done? Salary dump for an extra, late rd pick?
I think it would depend on the prospect (not Schneider or Othmann) but maybe a Jones/Lundqvist or Kravtsov. But a first and prospect would likely be in line with what they would give up. And I'm not sure the Rangers would need to dump salary—they're good for this year.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
im guessing MN would be interested, but im also guessing theyd want him prior to the dealine as guerin has stated hes not a fan of deadline adds due to chemistry taking time to develop

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I think it would depend on the prospect (not Schneider or Othmann) but maybe a Jones/Lundqvist or Kravtsov. But a first and prospect would likely be in line with what they would give up. And I'm not sure the Rangers would need to dump salary—they're good for this year.
I'm drooling at the idea of Eklund centering a line of Kravtsov and Gushchin. Kravtsov's #'s look decent in the KHL. I just don't want another Goldobin or Chekhovich. None of us do.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Honestly had not actually looked Beecher’s stats. :laugh: I think a first+Lysell would be too much but maybe something like Lysell+2nd+cap?

In regards to Kravtsov from other posts, I’d definitely be interested in him as a secondary piece in a trade but we’d probably be looking at Kravtsov+1st+cap.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Kravtsov not worth the investment?

Kravtsov is not someone I'd likely center a deal around. The Sharks need centers especially with Hertl potentially moving on in this sort of deal. Since the Rangers probably don't have anything like that available for this deal, I'd probably just want the 1st and 2nd.

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
Honestly had not actually looked Beecher’s stats. :laugh: I think a first+Lysell would be too much but maybe something like Lysell+2nd+cap?
I know I'm thinking from a Sharks fans perspective but I think that's pretty reasonable. Yeah its a bit of a gut punch giving up Lysell but you're getting back a seasoned, true top 6 center who performs beautifully in the post season. Put him on a line with Pasta and watch Boston cut through the east in a heart beat.

heisenbergsitti

Aug 23, 2021
im guessing MN would be interested, but im also guessing theyd want him prior to the dealine as guerin has stated hes not a fan of deadline adds due to chemistry taking time to develop

I am glad Guerin has this thinking. With Minnesota losing 5 straight, certain players playing lately like they don't give a damn, and with Minnesota in a wildcard spot now, I rather sell players like fiala, and or buy small. Let the players show they care 1st, prove they can overcome the injuries, and 5 game losing streak

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I just edited my post with a proposal. Other teams (other than Bruins) I could see fitting: CGY, maybe PIT, NSH, MIN, WPG, EDM.

The Jets have Schiefele and Dubois for top 6 centers. While I'm sure they would love to add Hertl, I doubt they're willing to pay nearly as much as some other teams might.

Reactions: 57special

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad