Value of: Tom Wilson to LA? What would it cost?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Cannot imagine it would cost much more than Lucic did. Similar stage in their career. Power forward who may decline in the near future. Wilson is more of a middle 6 winger on most teams.
Naturally, possibly less, but not according to that one Capital fan who somehow thinks he is trading a prime Cam Neely.

He has no clue about the importance of cost controlled contracts either.

Last edited:

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
I don't speak for any fanbase, only for myself.
Who i have to point this out is far beyond me.

And yes, Wilson is of no interest to me because he doesn't fit the age window

Did you miss the part where i said 2 years away from serious playoff spot and then 3-4 years until contending?
The Kings already rip apart the Pacific with the oldies being nonfactors.

TIL that Kopitar and Doughty have been nonfactors this season

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Cannot imagine it would cost much more than Lucic did. Similar stage in their career. Power forward who may decline in the near future. Wilson is more of a middle 6 winger on most teams.

Lucic already started declining when the Bruins traded him, Wilson hasn't in any way. Lucic became an anchor because he lost the ability to skate. Wilson is a much better skater than Lucic in every aspect and as long as his skating holds up he should be much more effective into his mid 30s

Raccoon Jesus

Draft em but don't play em
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Lucic already started declining when the Bruins traded him, Wilson hasn't in any way. Lucic became an anchor because he lost the ability to skate. Wilson is a much better skater than Lucic in every aspect and as long as his skating holds up he should be much more effective into his mid 30s

Okay but you can't factor wishes into trade value.

Fact is Lucic got traded at what would/could be a similar value, he had a 55 point season in LA which is better than Wilson has put up and he was viewed as a similar heavy.

In fact with the injuries and slower scoring pace this year you could make the case that it's a very equivalent situation.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
Lucic got really good value considering Boston decided to move on from him and was shopping him. Ended up being Colin Miller, Sean Kuraly and 2 first rounders, one of which was #13 in the strongest draft in the cap era. If they decide to move on from Wilson I'd be fine with that level of return

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

gvineq

Feb 6, 2023
The Caps will be holding off on a rebuild until Ovechkin's contract is over, and presumably, he retires.

I don't remeber the Cap gamerecently but the annoucers stated exactly that. Ovechkin was told no retool while he was still on the team. It was national announcers so who know if they were spectulating or if they were specifically tolfd this by Ovi or Cap's managment?

Ovi895

Feb 24, 2023
I don't remeber the Cap gamerecently but the annoucers stated exactly that. Ovechkin was told no retool while he was still on the team. It was national announcers so who know if they were spectulating or if they were specifically tolfd this by Ovi or Cap's managment?

It was widely reported when he signed his contract that there would be no rebuild, which is a complete no brainer since the last thing you'd want is spend the last couple years of a GOAT scorer's career trying to fish for an early 2025-2026 first rounder. They are retooling though, bringing in Sandin for Orlov, getting players in their mid 20s in Strome and Milano and pushing prospects like Protas and Alexeyev into the lineup

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Okay but you can't factor wishes into trade value.

Fact is Lucic got traded at what would/could be a similar value, he had a 55 point season in LA which is better than Wilson has put up and he was viewed as a similar heavy.

In fact with the injuries and slower scoring pace this year you could make the case that it's a very equivalent situation.

You must be new here, using facts.

The fanboys like Wilson and attach the value of an elite winger to him.
That Wilson has zero value to other organizations is absolutely irrelevant.

Even the fact that Wilson has not been traded for 2 1st rounders plus 3 AAA prospects isn't a red flag for them.
It's very easy for those guys, Iafallo who has identical numbers is an anchor and the Kings have to pay ransom to get rid of him but Wilson fetches an elite return.
That fact that both players are not top 6 material is gladly ignored.
When reality hits and their little fan fiction collides with reality, it's time for personal insults.

This is your every day HFBoard

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
You must be new here, using facts.

The fanboys like Wilson and attach the value of an elite winger to him.
That Wilson has zero value to other organizations is absolutely irrelevant.

Even the fact that Wilson has not been traded for 2 1st rounders plus 3 AAA prospects isn't a red flag for them.
It's very easy for those guys, Iafallo who has identical numbers is an anchor and the Kings have to pay ransom to get rid of him but Wilson fetches an elite return.
That fact that both players are not top 6 material is gladly ignored.
When reality hits and their little fan fiction collides with reality, it's time for personal insults.

This is your every day HFBoard
Tell us oh oracle, how far are the Kings going in this years playoff with this squad of elites? Put your money where your mouth is. Can the Kings win a single Round? Certainly with the GOAT Iafallo and the Next One Kaliyev, they’re set to explode, correct? So tell us how far you think they go. Is the Over/Under more or less than 7 Games?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
TIL that Kopitar and Doughty have been nonfactors this season
They only lead the Kings in nearly every major statistical category this year, in one of LA's best regular seasons of all time. Complete non-factors.

Reactions: go4hockey

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
Tell us oh oracle, how far are the Kings going in this years playoff with this squad of elites? Put your money where your mouth is. Can the Kings win a single Round? Certainly with the GOAT Iafallo and the Next One Kaliyev, they’re set to explode, correct? So tell us how far you think they go. Is the Over/Under more or less than 7 Games?
We will loose 1st round versus the Oilers, Iafallo will do absolutely nothing and Kaliev will score 1 or 2 but won't break out earlier than 2 years from now.
Beside that you missunderstand completely what i wrote.
Comparing the point output of Iafallo and Wilson is not uptalking Iafallo, it is lowering Wilsons value.

They only lead the Kings in nearly every major statistical category this year, in one of LA's best regular seasons of all time. Complete non-factors.
We don't play statistics, we play hockey.

Doughty as #1 defender isn't able to hold opponents top guys in check and Kopitar can't force offense on other teams.

They are non factors acording to their assigned roles

Last edited:

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
Beside that you missunderstand completely what i wrote.
Comparing the point output of Iafallo and Wilson is not uptalking Iafallo, it is lowering Wilsons value.
This is abjectly stupid. Are you seriously arguing Alex Iafallo does more for a team in the Playoffs trying to win a Stanley Cup than Tom Wilson? I mean aside the fact that one of these players has a Cup and one does not, this is Dumbass God-tier delusion. I suppose you also think todays Phoenix Copley does more for a playoff team than Jonathan Quick?

No one buys your uptalking Iafallo or lowering Wilson’s value, you just look like a blind, moronic homer.

The only thing that makes me sad is that your dead-ass squad isn’t going to last long enough to see Jonathan Quick put you in the cold hard ground you deserve.

Reactions: Brian23

Kurrilino

Go Stoll Go
Aug 6, 2005
Calgary
This is abjectly stupid. Are you seriously arguing Alex Iafallo does more for a team in the Playoffs trying to win a Stanley Cup than Tom Wilson? I mean aside the fact that one of these players has a Cup and one does not, this is Dumbass God-tier delusion. I suppose you also think todays Phoenix Copley does more for a playoff team than Jonathan Quick?

No one buys your uptalking Iafallo or lowering Wilson’s value, you just look like a blind, moronic homer.

The only thing that makes me sad is that your dead-ass squad isn’t going to last long enough to see Jonathan Quick put you in the cold hard ground you deserve.
You somehow have real selective reading.

At no time did i elevate Iafallo, in fact i stated the opposite.
Iafallo will do nothing this coming playoff, how you turn this into Iafallo homerism is fr beyond me.
Wilson and Iafallo are same useless to me.
And yes, the Kings started winning when Copley arrived and kept winning on a sensational pace after.
The fact that we are 3-4 years away from being serious playoff performer makes Wilson as uninteresting as it comes and this is why i oppose any Wilson trade as long as futures are involved.

If you would like to propose a 1vs1 hockey trade i am all ears

Unbiased Fan

May 24, 2019
I can see why La wouldn’t move Kalyev for him. He is a potential elite scorer and is probably the guy LA is banking on developing to play that role for the Kings. I don’t see him bringing in more then Horvat brought. I think in between Horvat and Taresanko is fair.

Reactions: Kurrilino

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Some of these posters acting like we are talking about Ryan Reaves

Some posters also acting like Wilson is the same player as 3 years ago. Contract status, age, and injuries have all brought down the price. I just see him sticking around and getting another long term deal in Washington. Not sure that's what's best for Washington, but that's what I imagine will happen.

Getting Kaliyev from LA would be a pretty nice starter, though. Not sure I would move him if I was LA.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad