Prospect Info: Tom Willander: 11th Overall 2023 Draft (Rogle BK J20) - Part 02

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Boeser's in his D+1 he was the best player on the best team in the NCAA, his D+2 was a bit weaker (and injury riddled iirc) but he still joined the Canucks and got 4 goals in 9 games at the end of the year. Lekkerimaki clearly isn't going to score 30 goals and have as good of a +3 as Boeser.

Boeser's +1 is far ahead of what Lekkerimaki has ever done.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the poster you're replying to believes Lekkerimaki will score 25+ this season.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Sez the poster who would constantly get on me for saying the Canucks are on the verge of being a top team, and couldn't recognize that the Canucks had the talent to be a top team.

Isn't that your position, though? I'm pointing out to OP that you believe Lekkerimakki to be a player in the same ballpark as D+3 Boeser, and that your posts have been consistent with that position.

Also, like, that's the whole thing: The first howevermany years that you made that claim, the Canucks didn't have the talent to be a top team. They had the talent to be a bad team that featured some very talented players. That's not the same thing. At some point, when you keep saying the same thing for several years, while, in the meantime, the GM you vehemently supported at every turn is fired and the roster changes enormously, you don't really get to claim clairvoyance when they eventually do break out.

Like, at one time I believe your position was that this team would imminently be put over the top by the fruits of Benning’s strong later-round drafting. I don’t know that you get to say that you nailed it.

Last edited:
Reactions: quat

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
I literally said he's not a nothing prospect. Might want to learn to read before going off at someone.
If there are any kids reading -- the last few pages of this thread is an example of why being of at least average literacy is important for day-to-day life as an adult.

Reactions: bossram

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
We can make any bet about our avatars you want, I couldn't care less if mine was Goatse or 9/11 WAS AN INSIDE JOB

Haha at the very least we could agree that they should be hockey related. How do we decide if the Canucks are contending? If they are on pace for 100 points at the deadline? Or something else?

Ernie

Aug 3, 2004
Boeser's in his D+1 he was the best player on the best team in the NCAA, his D+2 was a bit weaker (and injury riddled iirc) but he still joined the Canucks and got 4 goals in 9 games at the end of the year. Lekkerimaki clearly isn't going to score 30 goals and have as good of a +3 as Boeser.

Boeser's +1 is far ahead of what Lekkerimaki has ever done.

Lekk's d+1 season was a complete write-off, he was trending fast to bust territory. He came back in a big way last season though, and seemed to be back on track.

Not really fair to compare him to Boeser making the team right away, if the Canucks were a 69 point team right now Lekk would have made it too.

Last edited:

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
Lekk's d+1 season was a complete write-off, he was trending fast to bust territory. He came back in a big way last season though, and seemed to be back on track.

Not really fair to compare him to Bowser making the team right away, if the Canucks were a 69 point team right now Lekk would have made it too.
if we plot a line to illustrate the trajectory a prospect needs to be on to be successful, Lekk's D+1 missed that line by like a freaking mile but in his D+2, he probably met the line if not exceeded it. I think there were folks who really didn't think injuries/illness was a legit reason for his struggles in D+1 but I guess considering how he did last season, it seems pretty justified but regardless, most prospects struggle to bounce back from a bad developmental year so the fact he could bounce back and exceed expectations says a lot about Lekk as a prospect.

Hodgy

Feb 23, 2012
If there are any kids reading -- the last few pages of this thread is an example of why being of at least average literacy is important for day-to-day life as an adult.
Half the posts or more on this subforum result from posters unintentionally, or sometimes intentionally, misreading and misconstruing the initial post they are responding to.

Reactions: bandwagonesque

tradervik

Hear no evil, see no evil, complain about it
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2007
I think it’s time to compliment BC Ferries on the steelhead burger, a very tasty fish sandwich and highly relevant to Tom Willander who no doubt enjoys that horrible Swedish concoction known as surströmming.

Reactions: bandwagonesque

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad