Prospect Info: Tom Willander: 11th Overall 2023 Draft (Rogle BK J20) - Part 02

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Boeser's in his D+1 he was the best player on the best team in the NCAA, his D+2 was a bit weaker (and injury riddled iirc) but he still joined the Canucks and got 4 goals in 9 games at the end of the year. Lekkerimaki clearly isn't going to score 30 goals and have as good of a +3 as Boeser.

Boeser's +1 is far ahead of what Lekkerimaki has ever done.

FWIW, I'm pretty sure the poster you're replying to believes Lekkerimaki will score 25+ this season.

RobertKron

Sep 1, 2007
Sez the poster who would constantly get on me for saying the Canucks are on the verge of being a top team, and couldn't recognize that the Canucks had the talent to be a top team.

Isn't that your position, though? I'm pointing out to OP that you believe Lekkerimakki to be a player in the same ballpark as D+3 Boeser, and that your posts have been consistent with that position.

Also, like, that's the whole thing: The first howevermany years that you made that claim, the Canucks didn't have the talent to be a top team. They had the talent to be a bad team that featured some very talented players. That's not the same thing. At some point, when you keep saying the same thing for several years, while, in the meantime, the GM you vehemently supported at every turn is fired and the roster changes enormously, you don't really get to claim clairvoyance when they eventually do break out.

Like, at one time I believe your position was that this team would imminently be put over the top by the fruits of Benning’s strong later-round drafting. I don’t know that you get to say that you nailed it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad