Prospect Info: Tom Willander: 11th Overall 2023 Draft (Rogle BK J20) - Part 02

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Willander since world U 18's:

+47 in 57 games (college +international)

Now plus minus isn't the greatest stat but you're doing something right when it's that high. I think a lot of the nuances in his game help him always play a positive role in goal prevention no matter what level he is playing.

He can skate effortlessly, munch minutes at even strength/pk, shut down other teams players, and not take many penalties. I don't know what more people want from him but really the offense should be considered an added bonus.
Him and Theo Lindstein was one of the strongest pairings ive seen at any level of amateur hockey.

arttk

Feb 16, 2006
Los Angeles
I don't like using Tanev as a comparable because his willingness to sacrifice his body is unicorn stuff, but to me he's a very straight projection to being a RH Jonas Brodin.
Yeah stylistically not the same but Tanev is an easier comparison in terms of potential impact and the fact we are really familiar with him.

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I don't like using Tanev as a comparable because his willingness to sacrifice his body is unicorn stuff, but to me he's a very straight projection to being a RH Jonas Brodin.
It'll be a whole before he's ready for primetime, but it's hard to imagine a better stylistic fit for Hughes than a RH Brodin.

Reactions: MS

VintageBure

Jun 7, 2018
Tracking nicely. Point per game so far is nice to see. Hopefully he keeps it up ! Willander hughes and hroenek are a good puck moving trio to build around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad