Value of: Toews & Kane to Detroit with 33% retention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
What's less likely. Detroit dumping futures into 2 players on the back 9 of their careers or Chicago trading 2 of their mount Rushmore players to a historic rival?

Reactions: Ace Card Bedard

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
you just don't get it. The only teams that would want Toews or Kane would be teams that are very close to contending for the cup. And with that they would not give up major pieces . Also , don't forget the salary attached to these two. Chicago would be lucky to get rid of these two players,but it is not going to happen . Toews is washed up and Kane is 33 next month.

You don't get it.
If you're not willing to give up major pieces, you shouldn't be asking for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.

NDetroitFan

Jan 9, 2017
Macomb, MI
What's less likely. Detroit dumping futures into 2 players on the back 9 of their careers or Chicago trading 2 of their mount Rushmore players to a historic rival?

I mean the Wings did pull Chelios out of Chicago. Then he went on to play another decade in Detroit. I’d argue he has a place on the CBH Mt. Rushmore. (Which for my $ would be Hull, Makita, Chelios and Kane)

So it’s not impossible for a CBH legend to come to Hockeytown….just not these two, not now. The timing is wrong for the wings and the baggage they carry after this week makes them a liability.

rogking65

May 13, 2016
You don't get it.
If you're not willing to give up major pieces, you shouldn't be asking for Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews.
do not understand your logic. They are not immortal and will be worth little or nothing soon. Keeping them ia not going to help Chicago win the cup, which is the reason teams play. By the time Chicago accumulates enough young talent to be a contender those 2 players will be long gone

Reactions: The Flying Octopus

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
do not understand your logic. They are not immortal and will be worth little or nothing soon. Keeping them ia not going to help Chicago win the cup, which is the reason teams play. By the time Chicago accumulates enough young talent to be a contender those 2 players will be long gone

They brought 3 cups to Chicago after 49 years of failure.
Yes, they're basically immortal and will have statues outside the United Center.
Their on-ice value doesn't matter anymore.

BHD

Here comes Skinner
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
A) The Wings are not at the point where they should be adding
B) Toews and Kane don’t make sense at this point. Kane maybe. Toews, nope.

T_Cage

VP of Awesome
Sep 26, 2006
Detroit is rebuilding….this is not a deal a smart GM like Yzernan makes at this stage

that and with the recent “events”…I think ppl might stay away from Kane and toews. Maybe a team like Toronto that’s desperate for a playoff run, but that would be a fun set of cap gymnastics lol

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
If Yzerman gave up a 7th round pick for both it still might be a bad trade because of all the damage control they'd have to do with the fans and season ticket holders in Detroit.

Yeah.
I think Detroit fans would be fine with it if it helped the team.
We hated Chelios until we loved him.
We loved Probert despite all his meatheaded antics.

cjeagle

Jul 10, 2016
Chicago
I wouldn't mind picking those players up after next season when they become free agents(at reasonable cap hits), but I am not willing to mortgage the young Redwing's promising future for short term gain if it involves trading our best prospects.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
I dunno what's more disturbing... That this thread was made, or that this thread was bumped.

Yzerman isn't adding 30 year old high dollar players at the cost of his future pieces.

Reactions: ClydeLee

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Patty would have high value with retention. Nobody would touch Toews even with 33%. Hrs been horrible since returning

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Bloomfield Hills, MI
They brought 3 cups to Chicago after 49 years of failure.
Yes, they're basically immortal and will have statues outside the United Center.
Their on-ice value doesn't matter anymore.
What you are missing is the fact that as years go on, both JT and Kanes value keeps lowering. Crucial for the Hawks to unload them sooner or later. Simply put, they did wonders for the Hawks but will do them even better if moved out while retrieving the Hawks higher value.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
This trade proposal regarding toews and kane to Detroit is hilarious .
The question I think is come trade deadline or possibly at the draft do they both get moved and what teams?

Kane will definitely fetch a haul he is still exceeding expectations and a serious contender knows kane still has plenty left in the tank two first round picks maybe 3 and a high level prospect

Toews maybe gets a 1st round pick he is still over 50% on the face-off.

Cenzhin

Mar 2, 2018
Calgary
This trade proposal regarding toews and kane to Detroit is hilarious .
The question I think is come trade deadline or possibly at the draft do they both get moved and what teams?

Kane will definitely fetch a haul he is still exceeding expectations and a serious contender knows kane still has plenty left in the tank two first round picks maybe 3 and a high level prospect

Toews maybe gets a 1st round pick he is still over 50% on the face-off.
Toews for a 1st? Good luck getting anything of value for him. He has negative value even if you retain salary.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad