Value of: Toews & Kane to Detroit with 33% retention

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
What's next? A trade with St Louis?

As a Blues fan coming in peace I think it’s safe to say that we want nothing to do with the Hawks on any level and in fact find the current situation to be a sort of poetic justice for several reasons.

IF some Detroit fan considered the OP I think the price would be the franchise and I’m not talking about players but it’s reputation. Detroit has a strong history and integrity. I’d expect them to reject just so they don’t taint their talent or name.

rogking65

May 13, 2016
Yeah like the Hawks are going to trade away franchise players to the Redwings…that’ll never happen…
it is much more likely Detroit would not want them . Toews is a has been and Kane is 33 soon. Does not fit agegroup in Detroit at all

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site
As a Blues fan coming in peace I think it’s safe to say that we want nothing to do with the Hawks on any level and in fact find the current situation to be a sort of poetic justice for several reasons.

IF some Detroit fan considered the OP I think the price would be the franchise and I’m not talking about players but it’s reputation. Detroit has a strong history and integrity. I’d expect them to reject just so they don’t taint their talent or name.
yeah, my point is I'd think the Hawks fans would want as much to do with Detroit as they would want with STL. Those three are like NYR, NYI, NJ. Star players aren't going between those 3 teams.

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
Absolutely not. We don't need either of these players, we're still a long way off. Also, not sure I'd really want to be associated with either of them given everything that is happening.

Coach Reggie Dunlop

Jun 9, 2021
Michigan
Ask a silly question, get a silly answer lol

It would be like asking for Yzerman and Fedorov in 1999-2000.
What would it cost? Everything.
I mean not really. Yzerman and fedorov are far better at that point in their careers than toews and kane are now. But regardless it is a silly question and us red wings fans don’t even want those players at all.

Reactions: cowboycoffee

rogking65

May 13, 2016
Not in a million years lol. Have to assume you’re trolling.
Ask a silly question, get a silly answer lol

It would be like asking for Yzerman and Fedorov in 1999-2000.
What would it cost? Everything.
you just don't get it. The only teams that would want Toews or Kane would be teams that are very close to contending for the cup. And with that they would not give up major pieces . Also , don't forget the salary attached to these two. Chicago would be lucky to get rid of these two players,but it is not going to happen . Toews is washed up and Kane is 33 next month.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad