Confirmed with Link: Tkachuk signed a seven-year, $57.5 million deal. The AAV is 8.214 million

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
In the choice of overpaying on a long term deal or settling for a bridge, I think they made the right call. You bridge Brady, that means spending the next few years talking about him being one foot out the door and probably not giving him the C, thus frustrating an already frustrated franchise. Instead, he's lock in for 7 years, he'll have the C on his sweater, and he's the type of captain this fanbase will greatly appreciate with his style of play. Too much money undoubtedly, but it was an important long term deal to get done. Just need him get that 0.63 ppg a little higher going forward.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Looks like Brady tried to crack that Sens signing bonus wall, but no luck. Dorion managed to remain firm.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Nobody is going to call this an overpay soon...Mark my words the team has much better talent up front growing than Brady has ever played with

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
This is definitely a slight overpayment, but I think if Brady improves to at least 60-65 point production, and I think he will - we'll be happy with this deal

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Can't say the team isn't willing to open the pocket book I suppose.

Yes we can. We're still at the bottom of league spending even with Tkachuk signed, which is fine for this season, but I'll stop calling Melnyk cheap when he surrounds the kids with quality vets and fulfills that FYOUS promise of spending near the cap.

Definitely getting a pass this season though.

Reactions: Cosmix

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
Nobody is going to call this an overpay soon...Mark my words the team has much better talent up front growing than Brady has ever played with
Exactly. Brady lead this team in points when it was at it's lowest in the rebuild. Give him some years with Norris, Pinto, Bath, Stu and co all growing into their man strength and lets see how he does. Seravalli on his podcast a few weeks ago was predicting 70+ prime power forward seasons for Brady in his argument for why he thinks Brady was worth 8M+.

Reactions: topshelf15 and Deku

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
LETSSSSS EFFFFFINNNGGG GOOOO BOYSSS

FINALLY.

The extra overpay is worth it just so I dont have to read anymore 'he wants out of ottawa' and Brady for Lafeniere proposals on here.

We knew it was gonna be an overpay but this team is no where near the cap and this deal alone will help get the other american guys here signed like Norris, Sanderson, Pinto and Boucher.

Reactions: topshelf15

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad