Who would make the Leafs better now?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
What margin of points does marner need for you to be confident he bring more to the table then Brady.
The margin was 49 points last season and I think that's large enough. This season Marner is pacing for 30 points more than Tkachuk. And you specified that we're talking about who'd make the Leafs better right now so I don't think there's much of a debate here.

Yikes, I'm defending the Leafs. I'll head out.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
The margin was 49 points last season and I think that's large enough. This season Marner is pacing for 30 points more than Tkachuk. And you specified that we're talking about who'd make the Leafs better right now so I don't think there's much of a debate here.

Yikes, I'm defending the Leafs. I'll head out.

Brady probably get a bump in points going to the leafs. 60pt player vs 80 point player. Brady has more goals and fills Toronto's need for grit.

pown

We are team
Oct 12, 2013
Ottawa
Brady isnt close to marner atm. Yes he is better no doubt. BUT they are really completely different players, I think Brady will have the better career and is exacly the type of player every team needs in the playoffs. Cant say that about Marner.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Brady isnt close to marner atm. Yes he is better no doubt. BUT they are really completely different players, I think Brady will have the better career and is exacly the type of player every team needs in the playoffs. Cant say that about Marner.

Just like the other Tkachuk and how ineffective he is in the playoffs?

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I would like to interject here and say that the leephs did an aight job today.

I would take M. Tkachook >> Marner but for sure Marner > B. Tkachook.

It is okay to dislike the leefs but let’s be semi rational here mate.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
I would like to interject here and say that the leephs did an aight job today.

I would take M. Tkachook >> Marner but for sure Marner > B. Tkachook.

It is okay to dislike the leefs but let’s be semi rational here mate.
In terms of who gets your team +/- wins I just think this is way closer race. It is rational

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
You don't exchange a guy like Marner for grit. You don't exchange Marner for Tkachuk, period. The Leafs have plenty of other roster spaces to bring in grit - Marner's spot is not one of them.

Reactions: missionAvs and qqaz

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
You don't exchange a guy like Marner for grit. You don't exchange Marner for Tkachuk, period. The Leafs have plenty of other roster spaces to bring in grit - Marner's spot is not one of them.

He isn't just grit. He's grit + skill. A rare thing.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
If it's his brother there's no debate.

Again, we know marner is more proven, but he's giving you a surplus of what the leafs already have Playmaking.

Brady, less points. More tools.

Hole in the Condon

Dec 2, 2017
This isn't really much of a debate. The margin in point output between the two is discernible enough that it would be foolish to pick Tkachuk.

El Travo

Why are we still here? Just to suffer?
Aug 11, 2015
He isn't just grit. He's grit + skill. A rare thing.

He doesn't have enough skill to replace Marner's, so what you're left with that Marner doesn't have is grit. Besides, there's lots of players who are skilled and have grit.

Rals

Apr 5, 2011
Ottawa
He doesn't have enough skill to replace Marner's, so what you're left with that Marner doesn't have is grit. Besides, there's lots of players who are skilled and have grit.

But if you're a a team with a surplus of skill and a deficit of grit, what is going to give you greater returns (wins).

And skill + grit, size. Not a whole lot of players in that category.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Off the top of my head, 28/31 teams pick Marner (without considering contracts)
Calgary, Tampa, and Toronto being the 3/31

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad