Proposal: Time To Trade David Krejci

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kaoz*

If Pouliot can get 5 mill, Soderberg can get 6 mill easy. Teams will pay.

Didn't he get 4mill per from Edmonton? They have to pay out the nose to get anyone signed.

There are horrid contracts every FA season. Pouliot gets 4 mill, Brad Richards gets 2 million. It balances out.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It's premature to say Spooner can't do what DK can do if you never seen him on the same line with Lucic and someone like Iginla. Spooner was 2nd in Providence in assists at 35 and only played 49 out of 80+ games with them. I know everyone is high on DK cause he is a good player, but we have no cap space right now.

I see your whole plan revolves around dumping Krejci. If he resigns.. then what?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Didn't he get 4mill per from Edmonton? They have to pay out the nose to get anyone signed.

There are horrid contracts every FA season. Pouliot gets 4 mill, Brad Richards gets 2 million. It balances out.

oops yes my bad, btw Kaoz who is that in your Avatar?

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
I was the OP for this thread and honestly would love to keep and extend Krejci.

If so, then it is time to move Spooner, Kelly and McQuaid as well as Bartkowski and Caron.

Wonder what Chia can put together as a return for the above? Can we get a decent cheap winger, a couple of decent picks and a prospect?

Would Spooner command a 1st round pick?

Lucic - Krejci - Eriksson
Marchand - Bergeron - Smith
? - Soderberg - ?
Paille - Campbell - ?

That is our remaining lineup without any of the providence kids. So, how do we fill it in? Ferlin? Lindblad? Fraser? Florek? Griffith? Likely 2 of these along with a winger we acquire via trade or FA.

Is this good enough to win a cup considering our D and G stay status quo? That is the million $ question. Or does the team need a shakeup in order to go all the way?

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
You said nothing about cap, you said flat out he is better than Krejci and whether he's played with Lucic or not it's still pretty clear who the superior talent is. The difference is actually quite staggering. Spooner isn't half the complete player Krejci is, in any spot on the ice.

I disagree, because DK has been playing top players while Spooner was playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. It's not really that clear, because Spooner only played about 20 - 25 games on the big club and you can't judge a player on such a small sample size. In the time Spooner was in Boston he had 11 assists over 23 games on pace for 40 assists if he played the full season including the playoffs which would put him in 2nd on the club in assists. The only person that would have more would have been DK, but he was playing with first line wingers and not on the 3rd and 4th line.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY

If so, then it is time to move Spooner, Kelly and McQuaid as well as Bartkowski and Caron.

Wonder what Chia can put together as a return for the above? Can we get a decent cheap winger, a couple of decent picks and a prospect?

? - Soderberg - ?
Paille - Campbell - ?

That is our remaining lineup without any of the providence kids. So, how do we fill it in? Ferlin? Lindblad? Fraser? Florek? Griffith? Likely 2 of these along with a winger we acquire via trade or FA.

Is this good enough to win a cup considering our D and G stay status quo? That is the million $ question. Or does the team need a shakeup in order to go all the way
?

Good enough to win if they get all the bounces in their favor. Other then that I don't think that's a SC winning roster.

That bottom 6 will end up being too weak and most likely eaten up by other teams 3rd/4th lines. At least other teams that are in the same tier we are/were considered in.

iReckless

Apr 29, 2013
New Hampshire
I see your whole plan revolves around dumping Krejci. If he resigns.. then what?

I love DK and would love to re-sign him, but if he asking to be paid like Kopitar, Bergy, and Towes like money then he is losing his marbles. Maybe if he put the puck in the net a bit more and was better on the PK he could get that money, but he is just a playmaker and loves to be passive with the puck. When DK shoots at the net he is our top player.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
And this is why I wonder if having Spooner become our 3rd center, moving Bergeron and Soderberg up and getting a scoring winger is a better lineup?

Good enough to win if they get all the bounces in their favor. Other then that I don't think that's a SC winning roster.

That bottom 6 will end up being too weak and most likely eaten up by other teams 3rd/4th lines. At least other teams that are in the same tier we are/were considered in.

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North

? - Soderberg - ?
Paille - Campbell - ?

Is this good enough to win a cup considering our D and G stay status quo? That is the million $ question. Or does the team need a shakeup in order to go all the way?

PC has mention in years pass that spooner wasn't available .. Thing could change yes

PC hinted that he wanted to see 2 kids this year ..sure could be anyone but all signs point too Koko and Spooner

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
And this is why I wonder if having Spooner become our 3rd center, moving Bergeron and Soderberg up and getting a scoring winger is a better lineup?

I think so TBH. Takes balls to make a move such as, but I think you could potentially end up with a much more well rounded team.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I love DK and would love to re-sign him, but if he asking to be paid like Kopitar, Bergy, and Towes like money then he is losing his marbles. Maybe if he put the puck in the net a bit more and was better on the PK he could get that money, but he is just a playmaker and loves to be passive with the puck. When DK shoots at the net he is our top player.

I repeat, he led the team in points, assists and plus minus, deserves ever penny he gets, I know fans have an infatuation of short changing their players but cmon.

2KA

Oct 15, 2013
Saskatchewan
I think I would be okay with trading him pending on the return of course. If he could get us a legitimate 30 goal guy under a decent contract I think you would have to think about it.

He will be really tough to resign after this year unless he is happy with Bergy money.

Only reason I say this is because I think I would be comfortable with our top 3 centres being

Bergy
Soder
Spooner/Koko

If Spooner/Koko falters, Kelly can slide in. I know that this isn't near as deep down the middle, but it is also far from terrible.

You would be left with

March - Bergy - Eriksson
Lucic - Soder - xxxx (trade)
Kelly - Spooner/Koko - Smith
Paille - Campbell - Florek

With the RW's on the top 3 lines being interchangeable.

Maybe it's me and I need a wake up call, but that doesn't look all that bad to me assuming we would get a legitimate scorer in return for Krejci.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I repeat, he led the team in points, assists and plus minus, deserves ever penny he gets, I know fans have an infatuation of short changing their players but cmon.

Right, but don't you see a scenario where we could have a more balanced team via moving him? Our bottom 6 may as well just be Providences top 2 lines along with Yeti and Paille, and yea soupy.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Right, but don't you see a scenario where we could have a more balanced team via moving him? Our bottom 6 may as well just be Providences top 2 lines along with Yeti and Paille, and yea soupy.

I think the Bruins would be a competitive team with Bergeron,Soderberg,Spooner and Campbell as their center. Then, if you trade #46 for cap reasons, you need to get the right assets for him: A.K.A Young stud at D...

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
I was the OP for this thread and honestly would love to keep and extend Krejci. If so, then it is time to move Spooner, Kelly and McQuaid as well as Bartkowski and Caron.

? - Soderberg - ?
Paille - Campbell - ?

Spooner should return a late first-round pick. Khokhlachev would be the surprise key player here, and then lineup falls in place. This lineup is more of a 2015 scenario and not straight out of training camp.

Lucic-Krejci-Khokhlachev
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Fraser-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Lindblad-Florek

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida

Personally I see a scenario where we struggle to score 1 goal a night.. just my opinion. I remember the 2010 playoffs when Krejci went down, we couldnt win a game and we had a healthy Bergeron, Chara, and Lucic in the lineup. This team has NEVER proven they can win without Krejci. I don't really feel experimenting with this is productive to our success.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
I think the Bruins would be a competitive team with Bergeron,Soderberg,Spooner and Campbell as their center. Then, if you trade #46 for cap reasons, you need to get the right assets for him: A.K.A Young stud at D...

You think if we traded DK we should try and acquire a stud D for him?

I think the only main reason I would trade DK is to improve on the wings, that way Loui doesn't have to be the #1 RW and can still play with Yeti.

Or said new guy can play with Yeti rather then Fraser or Florek.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
I disagree, because DK has been playing top players while Spooner was playing on the 3rd and 4th lines. It's not really that clear, because Spooner only played about 20 - 25 games on the big club and you can't judge a player on such a small sample size. In the time Spooner was in Boston he had 11 assists over 23 games on pace for 40 assists if he played the full season including the playoffs which would put him in 2nd on the club in assists. The only person that would have more would have been DK, but he was playing with first line wingers and not on the 3rd and 4th line.

Good grief. Now Krejci is good because he plays with first line wingers? :help:

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
You think if we traded DK we should try and acquire a stud D for him?

I think the only main reason I would trade DK is to improve on the wings, that way Loui doesn't have to be the #1 RW and can still play with Yeti.

Yes. I think we should acquire a Stud D for him. I'm not saying that you're wrong because you do have a point. Fact is: Aside Hamilton, the Bruins doesn't have anyone who can take Chara's spot in the next upcoming years. Chiarelli talk a lot about his depth at D but all these players are good, not very good. Krejci + something might land you that Stud D to support Hamilton for years to come.

corpfan1

May 9, 2009
Etobicoke
The only guy that really fits the bill at winger is Gustav Nyquist from Detroit. Cheap winger that can score and has potential to be on the team a long time to come. Not Chia's or Neely's type of player though as I think they look for size.

Plus doubt Detroit would move him even for Krejci...

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
Spooner should return a late first-round pick. Khokhlachev would be the surprise key player here, and then lineup falls in place. This lineup is more of a 2015 scenario and not straight out of training camp.

Lucic-Krejci-Khokhlachev
Marchand-Bergeron-Smith
Fraser-Soderberg-Eriksson
Paille-Lindblad-Florek

To who? I think Spooner's value is greater to the Bruins than in trade. He hasn't proved enough to be all that valuable in a trade (yet); I could see him being part of a quantity for quality type trade, but we likely lose more value overall in that direction.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
To who? I think Spooner's value is greater to the Bruins than in trade. He hasn't proved enough to be all that valuable in a trade (yet); I could see him being part of a quantity for quality type trade, but we likely lose more value overall in that direction.

Ideally, Spooner would return late first-rounder, you know, best case scenario here. If not, keep him, and insert in lineup just for speed factor alone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad