Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Stutzle's 6 goals are superior IMO

Matthews had 1 more goal than Stutzle last season, which was his 20 y/o season. Sure, he only has 7 goals this season but don't be surprised if he goes on a tear at some point, he's well below his S%

Comparing goals between a goal scorer and a playmaker is also never going to favor the playmaker... which is why Patrick Marleau has 136 more career goals than Joe Thornton

I see that a lot of people are pinning on the goal scoring part... so I guess

Boeser >>> Marner

Wait for what?

That he goes on a tear? I mean, the poster literally answered your question already...

Stutzle has been cold all season, still over PPG, 21 years old.

The new owner took control of the team in September... he couldn't fire Dorion and DJ Smith too fast, had to wait for a better context to save the "appearances", particularly for DJ who was irrationally loved by his players.

The new coaching staff is working hard on "reprogramming" these young Sens players... a lot of work to do after having been in a DJ Dorion system for years.

Give it a bit of time, you'll see

Last edited:

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
94F068F6-C627-427D-9A60-5B9C0A81B100.jpeg

Reactions: LivingRentFree
Mar 12, 2009
Stutzle is very good and will be very good for a long time...that said Sens fans do this with a bunch of their players every year when they over hype them early either after a "good summer" or good start, then add a bunch of qualifiers and kick the can down the road on how they will be right at some point in the future if we just wait long enough.

It's just very funny to see the how Sens fans in this thread (and others) act and treat other fans opinions when they're player is doing better in a given moment, to how they act once the shoe is on the other foot.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Matthews is a hattrick away from having as many goals as Stutzle has points.

Can we stop pretending there is a legit debate about who the better player is?

Contracts would be the only reason to take Tim.
That’s what the thread title asked, he’s also playing injured this year it’s thought.

• Haha

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Stutzle is very good and will be very good for a long time...that said Sens fans do this with a bunch of their players every year when they over hype them early either after a "good summer" or good start, then add a bunch of qualifiers and kick the can down the road on how they will be right at some point in the future if we just wait long enough.

It's just very funny to see the how Sens fans in this thread (and others) act and treat other fans opinions when they're player is doing better in a given moment, to how they act once the shoe is on the other foot.

Stutzle is very good, Ottawa has several very good ones, it's the team as a whole that is terrible. Individual talent is really not the problem for them, unless you know nothing about the NHL of course, but as I have correctly predicted for 4 seasons now, this team wouldn't go anywhere with Dorion and DJ Smith orchestrating everything... I have no idea how long it's going to take but Jacques Martin and Daniel Alfredsson have been brought to basically "reprogram" all these players and teach them to play "the right way". Some tweaks will be needed (Hamonic, MacEwen, Kelly, Tarasenko, Kubalik... GM will have to make smarter choices to properly build a roster)

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Matthews had 1 more goal than Stutzle last season, which was his 20 y/o season. Sure, he only has 7 goals this season but don't be surprised if he goes on a tear at some point, he's well below his S%
You're trying really hard to make it like the comparison wasn't hilariously stupid. Sorry but it is.

• Haha

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
That’s literally what the poll is about.
The poll includes contracts yep. But it’s not about contracts only.

Stutzle is cheaper for a few years, but that’s why he is even in this conversation at all. He has no business being compared to Auston Matthews in any facet otherwise. With contracts, this poll should be 92%-8% (room for the sens/oilers fans) in favour of Auston. Without contracts it would be 99-1%.

Stutzle is Walmart Mitch Marner.

Wait for what?
A miracle

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta

Comparing goals between a goal scorer and a playmaker is also never going to favor the playmaker... which is why Patrick Marleau has 136 more career goals than Joe Thornton

I see that a lot of people are pinning on the goal scoring part... so I guess

Boeser >>> Marner

That he goes on a tear? I mean, the poster literally answered your question already...

Stutzle has been cold all season, still over PPG, 21 years old.

The new owner took control of the team in September... he couldn't fire Dorion and DJ Smith too fast, had to wait for a better context to save the "appearances", particularly for DJ who was irrationally loved by his players.

The new coaching staff is working hard on "reprogramming" these young Sens players... a lot of work to do after having been in a DJ Dorion system for years.

Give it a bit of time, you'll see
Tim Stutzle is about 2 tiers below Auston Matthews.

There is no amount of “reprogramming” that would bring Stutzle into the same conversation as Auston. Here I’ll show you an example of why.

Pros/Cons:

Stutzle (Pros):
-He makes a bit less money.

Stutzle (Cons):
-Not as good of a goal scorer
-Can’t play defence
-Dives
-Doesn’t win board battles
-Plays a much lesser position
-Hasn’t been close to sniffing a postseason

That’s it.

Reactions: Voight

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

There is no amount of “reprogramming” that would bring Stutzle into the same conversation as Auston. Here I’ll show you an example of why.

Pros/Cons:

Stutzle (Pros):

Stutzle (Cons):
-Can’t play defence
-Dives

That’s it.

You don’t even know what position he plays.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
I am not a fan of this to be honest.
Outside of the diving, I like Stutzle, I like his game but its not fair for him to be up against Auston.
I don't like the feeling of crapping on a young player I enjoy watching :(

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
You don’t even know what position he plays.
Unfortunately my best friend is a Senators fan. So I watch a hell of a lot more of their games than I’d prefer too. He’s truly a LW. I’m well aware he has “played” centre. If that’s what you want to call it. Watching him take draws is like realizing your zipper is down in public.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Unfortunately my best friend is a Senators fan. So I watch a hell of a lot more of their games than I’d prefer too. He’s truly a LW. I’m well aware he has “played” centre. If that’s what you want to call it. Watching him take draws is like realizing your zipper is down in public.

He has played centre in every single game consecutively for over two seasons now.

You might want to try opening your eyes a little more when you're watching Ottawa.

He's also a better skater, stickhandler and playmaker than Matthews which you omitted from your little list.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Pros/Cons:

Stutzle (Pros):

Stutzle (Cons):
-Can’t play defence
-Dives

That’s it.
Lmao
First you said, cheaper contract for a few years, he’s in year one of an 8 year deal.

Then you say plays a lesser position

Might as well say you have no idea, it would be more accurate.

Reactions: Bileur

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
He has played centre in every single game consecutively for over two seasons now.

You might want to try opening your eyes a little more when you're watching Ottawa.
Maybe you didn’t understand my wording. I’ll try and lay it out for you a little better.

He “plays” centre. I get that. But he’s not a centre.
He is inept defensively, and can’t win a draw. We have seen teams try to force this because of lack of depth, and it doesn’t work. He’s a winger and always should be.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Maybe you didn’t understand my wording. I’ll try and lay it out for you a little better.

He “plays” centre. I get that. But he’s not a centre.
He is inept defensively, and can’t win a draw. We have seen teams try to force this because of lack of depth, and it doesn’t work. He’s a winger and always should be.

He's improved immeasurably since being moved to centre. He kills penalties playing centre.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to pumping up tires in Leafland.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Lmao
First you said, cheaper contract for a few years, he’s in year one of an 8 year deal.

Then you say plays a lesser position

Might as well say you have no idea, it would be more accurate.
Be honest with me here.

Do you really consider Tim Stutzle as a top line centre? Do you not think he would be better on the wing where he belongs? The dude is pathetic on draws, is not a physical presence (I don’t care what his “hit” stats in Ottawa say) and he can’t play defence. Why would you want to see him stay as a centre?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Be honest with me here.

Do you really consider Tim Stutzle as a top line centre? Do you not think he would be better on the wing where he belongs? The dude is pathetic on draws, is not a physical presence (I don’t care what his “hit” stats in Ottawa say) and he can’t play defence. Why would you want to see him stay as a centre?

Why would a player who moves better east-west than north-south, isn't great in the corners and along the boards, spends most of his time trying to set up his linemates, be a better winger than a centre?

And he can play defence. Ottawa is poor defensively as a team, but he's been given defensive responsibilities commiserate with his talent level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad