Tim Stutzle vs Auston Matthews Contracts Included

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who would you take?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
He's improved immeasurably since being moved to centre. He kills penalties playing centre.

Again, you don't know what you're talking about. Stick to pumping up tires in Leafland.
Killing penalties doesn’t make you a defensive player. It makes you a penalty killer. But he’s not that either, since his team is dead last on the PK.

You choosing to misread/misunderstand what I said, and continuing on with it, won’t deter me. I’m right, and every stat shows that I’m right. The eye test shows it. Denial won’t save you.

MCR74

Nov 11, 2022
The poll includes contracts yep. But it’s not about contracts only.

Stutzle is cheaper for a few years, but that’s why he is even in this conversation at all. He has no business being compared to Auston Matthews in any facet otherwise. With contracts, this poll should be 92%-8% (room for the sens/oilers fans) in favour of Auston. Without contracts it would be 99-1%.

Stutzle is Walmart Mitch Marner.

Dude, it's Christmas Eve. Have a heart.:laugh:

LivingRentFree

Feb 18, 2007
Alberta
Lmao, says the poster who just posted a bunch of incorrect points, and gets called out.

Funny guy, you must be a comedian
Show me the incorrect points (that weren’t misconstrued to fit your agenda)

Nothing I said about Stutzle was wrong. You can put lipstick on a pig (putting a LW at Centre) but it’s still a pig.

All Mod Cons

Sep 7, 2018
it would be fun to keep a running list of players Matthews has lost HF polls too
Top of my head:
Stutzle
Caufield
Barzal
Aho
Pettersson
Keller
Fiala
Both Tkachuks
Roope Hintz
Laf
Bedard
Any first overall pick
Any second overall pick
Hyman
Laine
Laine
Laine
Laine
Anyone who scored a hat trick that very day

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
He has played centre in every single game consecutively for over two seasons now.

You might want to try opening your eyes a little more when you're watching Ottawa.

He's also a better skater, stickhandler and playmaker than Matthews which you omitted from your little list.
Have you ever stopped to think that maybe the reason Ottawa is such a garbage team is that they have a guy playing #1C who shouldn't be?

Get a center who can play one iota of defense to play up on there and get Stutzle back on the wing and you'd be a better team. No debate about it really.

A better stickhandler than Matthews is hilarious. There's maybe 2 guys on earth who stickhandle like Matthews.

Maybe you didn’t understand my wording. I’ll try and lay it out for you a little better.

He “plays” centre. I get that. But he’s not a centre.
He is inept defensively, and can’t win a draw. We have seen teams try to force this because of lack of depth, and it doesn’t work. He’s a winger and always should be.
The proof is literally in the pudding when you look at how terrible Ottawa is.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
There's maybe 2 guys on earth who stickhandle like Matthews.
Oh my, the homer takes here are hilarious, I guess if you only watch one team, that holds true.

Try making a poll, for a good laugh, 2 guys on the planet lol. We know you won’t though.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Oh my, the homer takes here are hilarious, I guess if you only watch one team, that holds true.
I watch Ottawa because it's fun to watch how bad they are. Stutzle at #1C and his attempts at playing defense in particular.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Crazy what happens when Matthews SH% gets back to his career norm (I'm aware its higher than its ever been in that department, but last years 12% was clearly an anomaly.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad