Player Discussion Tim Stützle - (C) - Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Most disappointing player this season for me. I thought he would take another step and become a top-10 player in the league.

He has done the opposite and has regressed hard.

Reactions: bert

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Not sure what is wrong with him but for loving DJ so much, he actually never learned to play NHL hockey the right way and now has to figure it out

Last edited:
Reactions: gab6511

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
So Stuetzle is in his 4th year. His offensive numbers in his first three years in the league were crazy good. I really expected continued development and him starting to solidify his position as a top 10 player in the league.

I'm looking at this player right now and I'm asking myself "can you win with this as your 1C?" And I'm not sure of the answer which is asinine considering my thoughts on the player in September

We laugh and make fun of the Leafs because they can't win in the playoffs because they're soft. Do you see Stuetzle stepping up as it gets more physical?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So Stuetzle is in his 4th year. His offensive numbers in his first three years in the league were crazy good. I really expected continued development and him starting to solidify his position as a top 10 player in the league.

I'm looking at this player right now and I'm asking myself "can you win with this as your 1C?" And I'm not sure of the answer which is asinine considering my thoughts on the player in September

We laugh and make fun of the Leafs because they can't win in the playoffs because they're soft. Do you see Stuetzle stepping up as it gets more physical?
Writing a player off in their 21 year old season seems pre mature to me. He's clearly struggling but most players from his draft class are in their 2nd year pro. He seems weaker. Which makes me think there's an injury.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Writing a player off in their 21 year old season seems pre mature to me. He's clearly struggling but most players from his draft class are in their 2nd year pro. He seems weaker. Which makes me think there's an injury.
Ya idk. I just can't stand seeing him glaring at the refs everytime he's touched. And we both know that it gets a lot more physical in the playoffs.

In September it would have been terrible thinking. At this point, idk. He just doesn't seem to be playing NHL hockey. Ridiculously skilled, just wants to play the game differently than it's played.

ACLEVERNAME

Jan 6, 2010
Is it a mental problem? physical?
Both. No doubt he's had some injury/health issues, he's always banged up somehow and covered in muscle tape or what ever it's called. Mentally, ... immature I'll say. Not a bad thing because it's still very early in his development. It's very rare to have a 20 year old speaking, thinking, acting like a 30 year old and even when they do it doesn't necessarily translate to lasting on ice success (Gudbranson, Ekblad, look at a lot of the underage draft picks in the CHL).

Buddy's under the microscope now. There's no hiding away, there's no slipping past an opposing team's game plan. He signed his contract, he's in 'the show'.

Time to grow some hair on those Fleischklößchen

Senovision

May 23, 2011
I am sure this has been stated before but I think Tim is having a tough time trying to play a more 200 foot game and becoming more defensively minded under Jacques Martin. That would affect his offensive prowess that he had before with DJs run and gun style. In other words he's having a tougher time adjusting to the new coaches expectations.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Most disappointing player this season for me. I thought he would take another step and become a top-10 player in the league.

He has done the opposite and has regressed hard.
Progression is not linear.

Columbus he got no points but he was a dog all third period. Relentless forecheck.

He may not be scoring. But he progressing other parts of his game while still being ppg. It’s fine

PierresGabriels

Jan 13, 2010
Orleans
This is absolutely not the kind of guy you give up on. The defense will only improve and we know what he can do offensively.

Even if he tops out as your "glass cannon" offensive centre, while some combo of Norris/Pinto/Greig/Other round out your Top 3 lines, that gives many potent options come a best of 7 series.

Stay the course! It seems to me that we're finally gaining real traction in The Process.

Reactions: Emrasie

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I think it's good that he's struggling. You can't expect to try and play like Connor McDavid every night when you're not Connor McDavid. What I mean by that is: Tim has a tendency to try and one-man show it over and over again. There are moments to try that stuff but more often than not we've seen him spectacularly fail and turn the puck over. I think he needs to round out his game especially on the cycle/in corners. I would still classify him as a fairly weak player when it comes to offensive zone battles (you can say that for several players though). The best players in the league are hounding the puck and creating havoc in deep. He certainly has the speed, the intelligence, and the hands....but strength might be lacking a tad.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Probably both, wrist has been wrapped in tape, most of the year, and has those muscle bands running on both sides of neck down his back.

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Don’t kno if it’s a problem. It’s just something highly talented young players go through. Hell even McDavid had a cold streak this year

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
His shot numbers are trending down from last year (admittedly not by as much as I thought) and I've always felt like that was injury related. The truth is probably somewhere between injured and learning to fight through being the "the" guy other teams target. Once he gets stronger he'll be able to fight through checks a little bit better.

It's also probably the first time in his entire life that the game hasn't been "easy" for him and there's a mental hurdle to get through at that point as well. It's hard to believe he can't get back to last years play moving forward but it might take a full summer to recoup and train.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Tim has 4 goals in his last 21 games.
Drake 3 goals in his last 19 games.
Dry spell for those two players. Hopefully they can start putting some in.
Pretty crazy. The foundation is being laid now though. Will have to figure it out from there. It’ll work out.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Jonathan Cheechoo also went through a scoring drought here, Bill Muckalt was actually cursed - it happens

Reactions: bicboi64

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Kid never had to play d before in any capacity.
Watch his wjc--- he's literally all over ice stick handling through entire teams.
Now Jacques wants him to play a 2 way game and thats killing his game. Aka everywhere all at once. Having to decide to fall back has him in his head all game.
Imo kid could use a day off to watch from the press box...might help him put down the rock

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad