Ticket/Attendance Discussion: The Sequel

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

A few new things.
Dawn Haus should never do interviews. First, she's an uptalker. There is nothing more annoying and unprofessional IMO. OK, maybe if she belched, farted and picked her nose, but uptalking is still really annoying. :laugh:

Also, she completely butchered a sentence. "The system will flag you, or not flag you if there is anything that is a threat on you".

Blink, blink.

She basically just said that the system could fail to detect a threat. Sure, I know what she meant to say, but Jesus H, you would think someone at a senior VP level could articulate their thoughts better than that.

The best thing I can say about that house band is the singer is better than Stacy Nattrass, but that's a pretty low bar now, isn't it? :nod:

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB

A few new things.
That sounds great! "Mach 10" sounds exactly like the kind of energy the Jets should be bringing to the in-game experience. I had half season tickets for 11 years when I lived in Winnipeg and it all started to feel very formulaic and dry after a while, to the point you could predict when they would play which songs.

Oh, it's time for INXS...
Oh, here comes Metallica...

I've seen the Jets play in a lot of away arenas and, while I think the Jets have some of the most knowledgeable fans, most of the other teams in-game atmosphere are much less formal and much more fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
That sounds great! "Mach 10" sounds exactly like the kind of energy the Jets should be bringing to the in-game experience. I had half season tickets for 11 years when I lived in Winnipeg and it all started to feel very formulaic and dry after a while, to the point you could predict when they would play which songs.

Oh, it's time for INXS...
Oh, here comes Metallica...

I've seen the Jets play in a lot of away arenas and, while I think the Jets have some of the most knowledgeable fans, most of the other teams in-game atmosphere is much less formal and much more fun.
As long as they don't go with white-trash techno music like Calgary...

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
Is Mach 10 a rock pop band? If anything else but rock if could get annoying pretty quick for me.

Kinda scary low traffic on the season opener thread for our beloved Jets. Hopefully it is not a sign of attendance or just general interest in the club this year?

Last thing Chipper wants is another TSN talking head fool bringing this up on TSN insiders BS chat.

Reactions: oldunclehue

nobody imp0rtant

Registered pessimist
May 23, 2018

Not familiar with the genre. Can you give some examples of white trash techno bands?

Is Mach 10 a rock pop band? If anything else but rock if could get annoying pretty quick for me.

I would put them into the category of bad cover bands. Remember this from Spinal Tap?

Mach 10 is how I picture 4 Jacks and a Jill. :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: The Blue Baron

wpg1

Oct 7, 2024
Quick count shows 723 standard tickets (from TNSE, not resale) still available for the home opener. I'll be there, but a sellout would look great and hopefully set the tone for the season.

Looks like more standard tickets were released. Around 900 available for tomorrow. They'll need do some work to get those all sold.

Section 325

Nov 5, 2014
Calgary, AB
I went and saw the Flames play (like crap) last year against the Kraken. My Mom was visiting me and she wanted to see the Saddledome. The Flames were losing 3-1 and they played Sweet Caroline to try to get the crowd into it. It was easily the least energetic version of that song I've ever heard, LOL. The crowd sing-a-long was a dull mutter at best.

Otherwise the Flames stick mostly to Dad rock and pop-country.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I went and saw the Flames play (like crap) last year against the Kraken. My Mom was visiting me and she wanted to see the Saddledome. The Flames were losing 3-1 and they played Sweet Caroline to try to get the crowd into it. It was easily the least energetic version of that song I've ever heard, LOL. The crowd sing-a-long was a dull mutter at best.

Otherwise the Flames stick mostly to Dad rock and pop-country.
If you don't sing out loud to Sweet Caroline something is very wrong with you.:laugh: Maybe Calgary couldn't remember the words. :naughty:

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I think it’s going to be a reality until the economy gets back to normal for the average income fan. When the economy hurts, it hurts the lower and middle class hardest and they’re the slowest to recover after. I’ll be curious if and how much businesses buying tickets have changed if any.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
There was no reason to start yesterday's game at 5, anyways if they can continue to have capacity at over 90% everything will be fine

They had a near sellout opening night and it looks like the games against Pittsburgh and Toronto are nearly sold out as well.

Pretty dumb of them to schedule a home game right in the middle of thanks giving dinner. I'm sure a noon game would have drawn better.

Reactions: RestlessYoungZero

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Ya, the start time yesterday was poor right at dinner time. I’ve noticed we have played in Minneapolis on US thanksgiving before. With marketing they could create a Thanksgiving home and away annual games with the Wild but not sure the NHL is into that. No real rivalry with the Wild other than the one the media likes to talk about.

The game should have started at 2pm to allow for late thanksgiving dinners or even 8 pm to allow for after dinner when many people have today off work.

Serve Turkey burgers at the game, give away turkeys, do something. At least serve a Turkey up in the booth. Get the Turkey producers to sponsor the game. You get the idea a Turkey theme game on thanksgiving weekend.

Too bad early season success has not led to walk up ticket buyers.

It appears that this team really needs the business community to step up. Perhaps they have? Lots of the empty seats that I have seen are in the back rows of the upper deck.

Reactions: ps241

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I think it’s going to be a reality until the economy gets back to normal for the average income fan. When the economy hurts, it hurts the lower and middle class hardest and they’re the slowest to recover after. I’ll be curious if and how much businesses buying tickets have changed if any.
True North is pushing the price points to breaking points I was looking at tickets to the Canadiens game up to $200,a piece for the front row of the upper deck. Prices close to what a premium playoff ticket in the upper deck was worth in 2015, because of the novelty.

I think they are deliberately pricing out people. It's greed. Nothing short of it. Tell me the team loses money with $75 tickets, $100 tickets. With the amount they charge for concessions.

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
Premium games premium tickets prices, TNSE knows that they can pretty charge anything when the Leafs and Canadiens come to town, sure Jets fans wont pay it but there are more than enough of their fans to gobble up the tickets and that's their bottom line.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
Ya, the start time

Serve Turkey burgers at the game, give away turkeys, do something. At least serve a Turkey up in the booth. Get the Turkey producers to sponsor the game. You get the idea a Turkey theme game on thanksgiving weekend.

It appears that this team really needs the business community to step up. Perhaps they have? Lots of the empty seats that I have seen are in the back rows of the upper deck.
They could have dropped turkeys out of a helicopter over CLC

• Haha
Reactions: voyageur

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ya, the start time yesterday was poor right at dinner time. I’ve noticed we have played in Minneapolis on US thanksgiving before. With marketing they could create a Thanksgiving home and away annual games with the Wild but not sure the NHL is into that. No real rivalry with the Wild other than the one the media likes to talk about.

The game should have started at 2pm to allow for late thanksgiving dinners or even 8 pm to allow for after dinner when many people have today off work.

For me it’s a bit hard to get a bead. Game 1 goes up against home Bomber game, game 2 brutal start time on TG weekend.

If they were trying to pick worse scheduling they would be hard pressed, sadly they were both weekend games.

I do think TNSE are “trying” a bit more to create food variety and improve game day experience and I have been one of their most vocal critics for both these lost opportunities in the past. “Directionally correct” is the highest praise I have for now. They have lots of work to do but its a start.

Interest rates and inflation have really kicked the shit out of discretionary spending so I expect selling Jets tickets will remain an uphill battle for this season. Getting off to a 3-0 start helps.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
True North is pushing the price points to breaking points I was looking at tickets to the Canadiens game up to $200,a piece for the front row of the upper deck. Prices close to what a premium playoff ticket in the upper deck was worth in 2015, because of the novelty.

I think they are deliberately pricing out people. It's greed. Nothing short of it. Tell me the team loses money with $75 tickets, $100 tickets. With the amount they charge for concessions.
Therein lies the benefit of being a Season Seat holder or share partner. I can buy seats in my section of the 100s for $175 for the Habs. Can also buy in any section in the arena for a discount for any game not just my price point for season tickets. Heck I can buy tickets in my section of the 100s for Utah for $89 all fees included.

Reactions: voyageur

bustamente

Fraud Supporter
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
For me it’s a bit hard to get a bead. Game 1 goes up against home Bomber game, game 2 brutal start time on TG weekend.

If they were trying to pick worse scheduling they would be hard pressed, sadly they were both weekend games.

I do think TNSE are “trying” a bit more to create food variety and improve game day experience and I have been one of their most vocal critics for both these lost opportunities in the past. “Directionally correct” is the highest praise I have for now. They have lots of work to do but its a start.

Interest rates and inflation have really kicked the shit out of discretionary spending so I expect selling Jets tickets will remain an uphill battle for this season. Getting off to a 3-0 start helps.
I just re upped my mortgage which was a kick in the teeth, lets just say it went up what it would of cost for my wife and I to have a night out game and dinner and truthfully I would rather just sit in my house and watch the games on my big screen. It's going to be a while before I catch a live game unfortunately.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad