Proposal: Three-way trade benefitting all 3 teams?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Not only at the deadline but during the off season. Edm traded Hall for a carbon copy of Brodin recently. Agreed Wild are not doing this trade.

On his best day Brodin hopes to be as good as Larsson . I know people don't like to use advance stats but the do have their place so go look at their stats from last year . Larsson blows Brodin away and he was playing top pairing Brodin was playing 2nd pairing against weaker competition . Minnesota D is not that good a little overrated on here . The problem with saying that is the sum of all the parts work well together . Like the NYR D a few years back now they can not wait to move a few of those D out . I just think in the next few years we will see a repeat of this with the Wild . I hope I am wrong as I like the Wild and their fans like Winnipegs deserves some success . I would hate to lose my team and wait years to get it back so my heart goes out to the fans of both teams .

Sorry Wild fans I just don't see that D as as good as they are made out to be

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Winnipeg makes off like bandits
Enstrom for Brodin straight across

Minnesota gets fleeced, Kane can't be worth more than a 2nd, and probably not even that with his issues

Brodin is seriously overrated:

8Z2dAcM.jpg
[/IMG]

Hard to say what Kane is worth. On ice he is a good player. Off ice - he is an *******.

Going only by that HERO chart I'd have to admit that Enstrom is also somewhat overrated but a big difference between him and Brodin is that Enstrom makes his linemates better and Brodin makes his quite a bit worse. That shows on the other HERO chart.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
On his best day Brodin hopes to be as good as Larsson . I know people don't like to use advance stats but the do have their place so go look at their stats from last year . Larsson blows Brodin away and he was playing top pairing Brodin was playing 2nd pairing against weaker competition . Minnesota D is not that good a little overrated on here . The problem with saying that is the sum of all the parts work well together . Like the NYR D a few years back now they can not wait to move a few of those D out . I just think in the next few years we will see a repeat of this with the Wild . I hope I am wrong as I like the Wild and their fans like Winnipegs deserves some success . I would hate to lose my team and wait years to get it back so my heart goes out to the fans of both teams .

Sorry Wild fans I just don't see that D as as good as they are made out to be

Was waiting for the inevitable hyping of Larsson by EDM fans. First Yakupov, then Nurse, now Larsson.

Brodin is a good young defensive Dman . So is Larsson. One is bigger, one is more mobile. Otherwise quite similar. If Larsson played on the Wild he'd be second pairing...not because he is bad, but because Spurgeon is a better fit on the first. Previously, Brodin played on the first pairing for two years. Brodin, Larsson, Spurgeon, Scandella....all on a similar level. Spurgeon had the best year last year, but his stats were pumped up by playing with Suter and by being on the PP. Brodin didn't have a good year points wise, mainly because he didn't play with Suter...he never plays much on the PP...and also because he broke his foot blocking a shot. Otherwise it was business as usual, except that now the business was him frantically trying to make up for the mistakes of Prosser and Dumba rather than him benefitting from Suter's superb play.

To have an EDM fan say that MN's D are overrated is hilarious. How would they know what good D looks like?

MN's problem continues to be a lack consistent scoring and overall talent from the forward group. They at least used to be fast, but with aging vets and the addition of Staal and Stewart I fear they are going to be even slower this year.

Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon, Scandella, Dumba, and Reilly are all well above average to excellent skaters.

Staal, Koivu, Stewart are below average. Pominville average. Granlund and Nino slightly above average. If Parise's back doesn't heal he will go from being well above average to slightly above average. That's a lot of mediocrity in the skating department. While Koivu had an excellent year last year, only Nino and Granlund are likely to improve this year, whilst the others decline due to age. Not a winning recipe.

Unless Tuch or Ek( unlikely) comes up and produces from the forward spot the Wild will be meh up there again. If Haula proves to be a mirage, and Zucker has a repeat of last year's awful showing, they will be worse than meh, with the defense once again shouldering the load.

Brodin was overhyped in his FIRST year, because it was so odd to see an unheralded 19 yr. old come in and play good D in the NHL. Expectations went really high, because he seemed to have no physical limitations. Now that he had settled in as a 22 yo " vet", there are observations about what he can't, or won't do. Some are correct, but for the most part, people who haven't seen him play merely look at the scoresheet and register his point totals, not paying attention to the differing conditions he played under last year vs. the previous two.

Skin deep, and ultimately valueless observations. He is a better player than he was as at 19. He is filling out, and is starting to be less the victim in physical play and more the aggressor. Spurgeon has gone through a similar progression in that respect.

There is a reason that Brodin continues to be put on the ice in the last minutes of games that matter( EDM fans might not know what these are...there are things called PLAYOFF games, or games that might affect their PLAYOFF status. PLAYOFFS are thing that happen after the regular season for teams that are above average), And has since he has come into the league, while Dumba sits on the bench.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Brodin is seriously overrated:

8Z2dAcM.jpg
[/IMG]

Hard to say what Kane is worth. On ice he is a good player. Off ice - he is an *******.

Going only by that HERO chart I'd have to admit that Enstrom is also somewhat overrated but a big difference between him and Brodin is that Enstrom makes his linemates better and Brodin makes his quite a bit worse. That shows on the other HERO chart.

And we all know how accurate HERO charts are in valuing a players worth, don't we? Especially Dmen. Anyway, we'll keep Brodin over Enstrom.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Fleury not worth Nichuskin? Maybe not. The pick probably wouldn't be needed. Would come down to this

Pit:
In: JVR
Out: Fleury, Pouliot

Dal:
In: Fleury
Out: Nichuskin, Lehtonen

Tor:
In: Pouliot, Nichuskin, Lehtonon
Out: JVR

I don't think Toronto could flip JVR straight up for Nichushkin. If they got him and Pouliot they would be making out like bandits.

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Was waiting for the inevitable hyping of Larsson by EDM fans. First Yakupov, then Nurse, now Larsson.

Brodin is a good young defensive Dman . So is Larsson. One is bigger, one is more mobile. Otherwise quite similar. If Larsson played on the Wild he'd be second pairing...not because he is bad, but because Spurgeon is a better fit on the first. Previously, Brodin played on the first pairing for two years. Brodin, Larsson, Spurgeon, Scandella....all on a similar level. Spurgeon had the best year last year, but his stats were pumped up by playing with Suter and by being on the PP. Brodin didn't have a good year points wise, mainly because he didn't play with Suter...he never plays much on the PP...and also because he broke his foot blocking a shot. Otherwise it was business as usual, except that now the business was him frantically trying to make up for the mistakes of Prosser and Dumba rather than him benefitting from Suter's superb play.

To have an EDM fan say that MN's D are overrated is hilarious. How would they know what good D looks like?

MN's problem continues to be a lack consistent scoring and overall talent from the forward group. They at least used to be fast, but with aging vets and the addition of Staal and Stewart I fear they are going to be even slower this year.

Suter, Brodin, Spurgeon, Scandella, Dumba, and Reilly are all well above average to excellent skaters.

Staal, Koivu, Stewart are below average. Pominville average. Granlund and Nino slightly above average. If Parise's back doesn't heal he will go from being well above average to slightly above average. That's a lot of mediocrity in the skating department. While Koivu had an excellent year last year, only Nino and Granlund are likely to improve this year, whilst the others decline due to age. Not a winning recipe.

Unless Tuch or Ek( unlikely) comes up and produces from the forward spot the Wild will be meh up there again. If Haula proves to be a mirage, and Zucker has a repeat of last year's awful showing, they will be worse than meh, with the defense once again shouldering the load.

Brodin was overhyped in his FIRST year, because it was so odd to see an unheralded 19 yr. old come in and play good D in the NHL. Expectations went really high, because he seemed to have no physical limitations. Now that he had settled in as a 22 yo " vet", there are observations about what he can't, or won't do. Some are correct, but for the most part, people who haven't seen him play merely look at the scoresheet and register his point totals, not paying attention to the differing conditions he played under last year vs. the previous two.

Skin deep, and ultimately valueless observations. He is a better player than he was as at 19. He is filling out, and is starting to be less the victim in physical play and more the aggressor. Spurgeon has gone through a similar progression in that respect.

There is a reason that Brodin continues to be put on the ice in the last minutes of games that matter( EDM fans might not know what these are...there are things called PLAYOFF games, or games that might affect their PLAYOFF status. PLAYOFFS are thing that happen after the regular season for teams that are above average), And has since he has come into the league, while Dumba sits on the bench.

Again look his stats . Another fan posted his Hero charts . As for your question about Oilers fans not knowing good D , Do you know me ? Do you know I played hockey at a high-level . I had universities teams trying to recruit me . Oh and I was a goalie . I guess you knew all this and also know a goalie doesn't know D .

Remember I also said that the sum of parts work in Minnesota . As an Oiler fan I don't care about a elite number 1 D I would rather have 3 #2 and 3 #3 or 4 it about the overall D . I am also one of the few Oilers fans who said I would over pay for a D and I am happy with the Hall trade . We can pick up a lessor scoring winger any day of the week in UFA .

The last thing why do you feel you need to take a stab at all Oiler fans ? I am the one that made the statement . Does it matter I am also a Flames fan ? Are you going to take a stab at them and belittle little their fan base base on what I said ?

Post a poll on HF and see what fans think of him in regards to Larsson . Disregard all Oilers postings and all Wild postings and see who wins .

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It is said that a three-way trade can never be fair and benefit all three teams. Let's try to debunk this myth!

It doesn't have to involve superstars, but at least relatively high end players, prospects and/or picks.

Let's hear your attempts. Here's mine.

Buffalo: Enstrom (veteran D-man to give Risto pointers)

Winnepeg: Brodin (LD defensive D to play with Buff)

Minnesota: Kane + 3rd from Buf (much needed winger with a somewhat negative past/attitude, but with a big upside if kept in check)

Fair or does someone get royally screwed?
Pretty sure that if Minnesota moves Brodin, Fletcher will be seeking a top line Center in return and sorry that's not E Kane don't know why Fletcher would want that trouble maker any ways. Winnipeg definitely gets the best player here.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I don't think Toronto could flip JVR straight up for Nichushkin. If they got him and Pouliot they would be making out like bandits.

Maybe in hfboards world where potential is more important than performance.

JVR is already the player Nichushkin was supposed to be, and hasn't come close to yet.

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Pretty sure that if Minnesota moves Brodin, Fletcher will be seeking a top line Center in return and sorry that's not E Kane don't know why Fletcher would want that trouble maker any ways. Winnipeg definitely gets the best player here.

What top line center is Brodin going to fetch in return? Or did you mean Brodin +?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Pretty solid that one, indeed. I'd think if Toronto could add one of their middling prospects - which would be a boon as their system is ridiculously deep - to Pittsburgh end, it would make it all even better worthwhile for all parties involved. Say, anyone from the #20-#30 range on their fan poll. It's not like they can develop all of them at this rate, and Pittsburgh could surely do that. The deal for them becomes then JVR, minor prospect for two high-tier young roster players (Nichuskin, Pouliot) and Lehtonen. Still very formidable.

That makes a lot of sense. I'd say that adding a Leivo would make the trade even better (for all parts). Leivo looks like a guy who can be a cost-effective option on a depth scoring line soon, which I think should be enticing for Pens. Another option I'd like for them is Dzierkals, if they aim a bit more long-term. He'll need a few years, but has potential to be a pretty decent depth scorer with some two-way ability and a lot of bite to go with the skill. Feels like a good fit on a future third line for the Pens.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
What top line center is Brodin going to fetch in return? Or did you mean Brodin +?

Well he's not really a top line center, But there's been mention of a RNH for Brodin swap. I know some of the Wild fans were telling me that Fletcher would like an under 25 Centerman who could eventually play top line center in the future for Brodin but Brodin alone wont bring back such a player without Minnesota adding to him.

redwings25

Jul 28, 2016
brodin for nyquist+ jurco or a 2nd. mn gets scoring they need and detriot gets a good young dman that doesnt throw blind passes across there own crease.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Again look his stats . Another fan posted his Hero charts . As for your question about Oilers fans not knowing good D , Do you know me ? Do you know I played hockey at a high-level . I had universities teams trying to recruit me . Oh and I was a goalie . I guess you knew all this and also know a goalie doesn't know D .

Remember I also said that the sum of parts work in Minnesota . As an Oiler fan I don't care about a elite number 1 D I would rather have 3 #2 and 3 #3 or 4 it about the overall D . I am also one of the few Oilers fans who said I would over pay for a D and I am happy with the Hall trade . We can pick up a lessor scoring winger any day of the week in UFA .

The last thing why do you feel you need to take a stab at all Oiler fans ? I am the one that made the statement . Does it matter I am also a Flames fan ? Are you going to take a stab at them and belittle little their fan base base on what I said ?

Post a poll on HF and see what fans think of him in regards to Larsson . Disregard all Oilers postings and all Wild postings and see who wins .

Nobody cares about your playing career, you could be completely full of it for all we know. No point in even saying anything. If you post on HF, chances are you are a diehard hockey person.

You claimed the Wild D is overrated and gave no evidence other than that the "sum of the parts" work Better than each player.It's a deep, dynamic blueline with a surefire #1 and then young and dynamic pieces in Spurgeon, Scandella, Brodin, Reilly, Dumba...all of whom are NHL ready. You have incredible shooting with Dumba, dynamic skating with Brodin/Reilly, classic shutdown D in Scnadella and an extremely solid top pair RHD in Spurgeon. It's only overrated if you can agree why many consider it one of the NHLs best. How many teams can say they have a blueline that is this deep and young?

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
No interest in down grading from Trouba to Brodin. Pass from Jets.

NFITO

hockeyinsanity*****
Jun 19, 2002
www.hockeyinsanity.com
Fleury not worth Nichuskin? Maybe not. The pick probably wouldn't be needed. Would come down to this

Pit:
In: JVR
Out: Fleury, Pouliot

Dal:
In: Fleury
Out: Nichuskin, Lehtonen

Tor:
In: Pouliot, Nichuskin, Lehtonon
Out: JVR

Wouldn't it make more sense for Pitts to deal directly with Dallas?

Why go after JVR when you can base a deal around Nichuskin and Fleury?

Nichuskin is younger, cheaper, is more cost controlled and is much further from UFA. Pittsburg already had great top end forwards and Nichuskin could be a long term fit next to Malkin while JVR is a year from UFA and won't be as easy to hold on to when they're paying big $$ to their big 3 up front.

If I'm Pittsburgh and Dallas would consider moving Nichuskin for Fleury, I'd pull that deal, keep Pouliot and get the younger cheaper longterm option instead. It's not like they need to spend the $$ on a short term solution up front on that team.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay

Edmonton has been bad for a decade but at least they have been real good too and have actually gone to this thing that Wild fans may not be familiar with it's called the Stanley Cup finals. Minnesota has never been more then a mediocre team and it shows as soon as they get to the PLAYOFFS and I doubt that changes anytime soon.

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto

You know Nichushkin holds very little to no value right now right? And I am a believer in him btw.

Last edited by a moderator:

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Someone post the threads of Dallas fans saying theyd do Scott Harrington + 4th for Nuke :\

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad