Proposal: Three-way trade benefitting all 3 teams?

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
It is said that a three-way trade can never be fair and benefit all three teams. Let's try to debunk this myth!

It doesn't have to involve superstars, but at least relatively high end players, prospects and/or picks.

Let's hear your attempts. Here's mine.

Buffalo: Enstrom (veteran D-man to give Risto pointers)

Winnepeg: Brodin (LD defensive D to play with Buff)

Minnesota: Kane + 3rd from Buf (much needed winger with a somewhat negative past/attitude, but with a big upside if kept in check)

Fair or does someone get royally screwed?

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
Winnipeg makes off like bandits
Enstrom for Brodin straight across

Minnesota gets fleeced, Kane can't be worth more than a 2nd, and probably not even that with his issues

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
It is said that a three-way trade can never be fair and benefit all three teams. Let's try to debunk this myth!

It doesn't have to involve superstars, but at least relatively high end players, prospects and/or picks.

Minnesota: Kane + 3rd from Buf (much needed winger with a somewhat negative past/attitude, but with a big upside if kept in check)

Minny gets screwed here. Kane's off-ice issues drag his value down, and Dmen like Brodin get valued like gold at the deadline.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

No one is going to give up anything significant for Kane at this point He will need to stay out of trouble,show more maturity then he has shown.

lampshade*

Minny gets screwed here. Kane's off-ice issues drag his value down, and Dmen like Brodin get valued like gold at the deadline.

Not only at the deadline but during the off season. Edm traded Hall for a carbon copy of Brodin recently. Agreed Wild are not doing this trade.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
I'll try one I guess

To Dallas
Fleury

To Pittsburgh
JVR
Dal 2017 2nd

To Toronto
Pouliot
Nichuskin
Lehtonen/Niemi

Highly doubt a trade like this would occur, just spit-balling here
Not even sure if the pick would be needed

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.

Wild trade a solid young defenseman to get a winger who is UFA in two years and has problems staying out of trouble. Don't see them wanting to do that. I wouldn't trade for Kane if I was in charge of a team let him prove over the next 2 years he has cleaned up his act then possibly talk to his agent when he is a free agent.

Steel Winning

Philling The Net
Aug 4, 2015
holy over-valued Fleury, Batman

Fleury not worth Nichuskin? Maybe not. The pick probably wouldn't be needed. Would come down to this

Pit:
In: JVR
Out: Fleury, Pouliot

Dal:
In: Fleury
Out: Nichuskin, Lehtonen

Tor:
In: Pouliot, Nichuskin, Lehtonon
Out: JVR

pedis

brochefs
Mar 14, 2014
mars
Fleury not worth Nichuskin? Maybe not. The pick probably wouldn't be needed. Would come down to this

Pit:

Dal:

Tor:

This is a trade I would definitely be in favour of as Toronto fan

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
van 7th round

Tor 7th round

Edm 7th round

Winnipeg 7th rounder or trouba :sarcasm:
Everybody has something to play for maybe winnipeg joins I would love to see their face if Toronto beats them(I know im drunk but I can maple belief). It should be conditional winner takes all the 7ths give them goals even if the playoffs are out of reach for these teams.

RyderRocks73

Jul 1, 2015
Moncton, NB
Pit takes this, Toronto likely does as well. Would adding a Toronto 3rd in with Fleury make it closer?

Fleury is not a hard sell. And what was offered here is definitely not an overpayment, in my opinion. The only thing I could think is that Dallas should probably move both of their goalies. The carousel isn't going to work with Fleury in net and it's too much money to tie up in goal. Find your future #1 (probably future pick or acquisition, with the Stars' prospect pool) and acquire a serviceable backup while you have a couple more years left from an elite goaltender.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016

Pit:

Dal:

Tor:

I'd do this as a leafs fan. We could absorb lehtonens albatross contract to pick up 2 young pieces. not sure if dallas does it though, huge goalie upgrade but is that worth losing nichuskin?

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Kane has negative value until he can walk the straight and narrow for at least 2 seasons. Right now, Kane is poison in the dressing room. We have now seen the trouble with both the Jets and Sabres. Remember. He fell into trouble with the sabres twice during the season. His antics at the NBA all star game was just sad

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
Kane has negative value until he can walk the straight and narrow for at least 2 seasons. Right now, Kane is poison in the dressing room. We have now seen the trouble with both the Jets and Sabres. Remember. He fell into trouble with the sabres twice during the season. His antics at the NBA all star game was just sad

What happened!?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
That's a pretty impressive attempt, Steel Winning.

I like the deal for Toronto, that's a nice return for JVR even with the cap dump.

Dallas would be a contender right now if they had competitive goaltending in my opinion. Fleury gives them that for a bunch of years ahead, so that should be easily worth losing Nichushkin.

Pens lose two good pieces for JVR though. I think I like it the least for them, but they can afford to lose these guys and JVR makes them look ridiculously strong over the next two years. I think value-wise they are on the losing side, but they strengthen their team a lot.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Yeah I would love for Minnesota to do this because I hate Minnesota, so it's bad for them.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
That's a pretty impressive attempt, Steel Winning.

I like the deal for Toronto, that's a nice return for JVR even with the cap dump.

Dallas would be a contender right now if they had competitive goaltending in my opinion. Fleury gives them that for a bunch of years ahead, so that should be easily worth losing Nichushkin.

Pens lose two good pieces for JVR though. I think I like it the least for them, but they can afford to lose these guys and JVR makes them look ridiculously strong over the next two years. I think value-wise they are on the losing side, but they strengthen their team a lot.

Pretty solid that one, indeed. I'd think if Toronto could add one of their middling prospects - which would be a boon as their system is ridiculously deep - to Pittsburgh end, it would make it all even better worthwhile for all parties involved. Say, anyone from the #20-#30 range on their fan poll. It's not like they can develop all of them at this rate, and Pittsburgh could surely do that. The deal for them becomes then JVR, minor prospect for two high-tier young roster players (Nichuskin, Pouliot) and Lehtonen. Still very formidable.

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
Pretty solid that one, indeed. I'd think if Toronto could add one of their middling prospects - which would be a boon as their system is ridiculously deep - to Pittsburgh end, it would make it all even better worthwhile for all parties involved. Say, anyone from the #20-#30 range on their fan poll. It's not like they can develop all of them at this rate, and Pittsburgh could surely do that. The deal for them becomes then JVR, minor prospect for two high-tier young roster players (Nichuskin, Pouliot) and Lehtonen. Still very formidable.

Corrado it is! :yo:

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Minnie gets destroyed and Winnie wins big time.

Value wise Brodin>Enstrom>Kane + 3rd

Dead Thing Fan

Jan 25, 2016
3 way

To Ana: Nyquist + RFA Pulkkinen

To Wpg: Fowler + Det. 2017 1st.(top 5 protected)

To Det: Trouba

Ana gets their top 6 forward and abottom 6 depth

Wpg get LHD they need

Det gets young RHD from Michigan. Everyone wins-everyone happy!!!!

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
To Ana: Nyquist + RFA Pulkkinen

To Wpg: Fowler + Det. 2017 1st.(top 5 protected)

To Det: Trouba

Ana gets their top 6 forward and abottom 6 depth

Wpg get LHD they need

Det gets young RHD from Michigan. Everyone wins-everyone happy!!!!

Another one of these. Why exactly is Winnipeg in the deal? You can easily cut us out from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad