Proposal: Three-Way Trade (ANA+ARI+STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
out of curiosity... do you think they actually move Chychrun?
Yes. I do. I just listened to Armstrong on the local radio a minute ago and they asked him if he felt pressured to deal Chychrun or if he get keeping him was an option. He answered by saying he wasn’t pressured at all, but he never came anywhere close to saying he’d think about keeping him. He always answers the same way; he’s going to look for ways to improve the team. But he NEVER hedges and says, but Jakob is a great player, and ultimately our preference is to keep him. Nothing like that ever. Says to me he’s close to getting what he wants from someone and he’s confident he’ll extract that last little bit he needs to do the deal. When he talks about it, h seems supremely confident that it will get done.

Now juxtapose that with how he talks about Gostisbehere and Crouse. He makes it clear they’re lot going anywhere. Jokes that the coaches would mutiny and kill him if he even thought about it. Etc. Again, a guy who sounds like his mind is made up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Yes. I do. I just listened to Armstrong on the local radio a minute ago and they asked him if he felt pressured to deal Chychrun or if he get keeping him was an option. He answered by saying he wasn’t pressured at all, but he never came anywhere close to saying he’d think about keeping him. He always answers the same way; he’s going to look for ways to improve the team. But he NEVER hedges and says, but Jakob is a great player, and ultimately our preference is to keep him. Nothing like that ever. Says to me he’s close to getting what he wants from someone and he’s confident he’ll extract that last little bit he needs to do the deal. When he talks about it, h seems supremely confident that it will get done.

Now juxtapose that with how he talks about Gostisbehere and Crouse. He makes it clear they’re lot going anywhere. Jokes that the coaches would mutiny and kill him if he even thought about it. Etc. Again, a guy who sounds like his mind is made up.
Well im very curious to see where the value ends up.... pretty sure 2/3s of the league will be at least kicking tires on him

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Well im very curious to see where the value ends up.... pretty sure 2/3s of the league will be at least kicking tires on him
I’m guessing that given the consensus from basically all of the “Insiders” from Marek to Friedman to LeBrun to Johnson and even Kypreos to even freaking David Pagnotta all seem fairly aligned, then that’s the price we’ll see. Young roster player that’s close to a 1st in value, top prospect that’s close to a 1st in value, and a 1st (maybe not 2022, though).

So what does that look like? I don’t know. But I’m guessing probably something like:

Bjornfot, Turcotte, 1st
Perunovich, Neighbours, 1st
Comtois, Zellweger, 1st
Jones, Othmann, 1st
Tippett, Knight, 1st
Foudy, Ceulemans, 1st

^ those aren’t all equivalent, so maybe some add a 2nd, or something. It I think it’s in that general zone.

I don’t think it’s happening until deadline day, though. In the interview I just listened to he talked about waiting for other assets to come off the market and for teams to get nervous. He said he’s got three more years on the contract and he’s not the one dealing with any sort of pressure.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m guessing that given the consensus from basically all of the “Insiders” from Marek to Friedman to LeBrun to Johnson and even Kypreos to even freaking David Pagnotta all seem fairly aligned, then that’s the price we’ll see. Young roster player that’s close to a 1st in value, top prospect that’s close to a 1st in value, and a 1st (maybe not 2022, though).

So what does that look like? I don’t know. But I’m guessing probably something like:

Bjornfot, Turcotte, 1st
Comtois, Zellweger, 1st
Jones, Othmann, 1st
Tippett, Knight, 1st
Foudy, Ceulemans, 1st

^ those aren’t all equivalent, so maybe some add a 2nd, or something. It I think it’s in that general zone.

I don’t think it’s happening until deadline day, though. In the interview I just listened to he talked about waiting for other assets to come off the market and for teams to get nervous. He said he’s got three more years on the contract and he’s not the one dealing with any sort of pressure.
Any of those seem like solid gets... hopefully Arizona has done their homework scouting this year ... seems like they are going to have like 10 picks in first 2 rounds

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands

Bjornfot, Turcotte, 1st
Comtois, Zellweger, 1st
Jones, Othmann, 1st
Tippett, Knight, 1st
Foudy, Ceulemans, 1st

I don't see Chychrun being dealt until we know what's happening with Lindholm. Lindholm coming off the market because he extends in Anaheim puts pressure on teams. OTOH one of the contenders making a big move on Lindholm puts pressure on fellow contenders not to miss out.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
I’m skeptical.
Skeptical about what the Canucks would be able to offer, or on whether the Canucks would actually do it?

Because the Canucks have already gotten offers for Miller including picks and players/prospects like Kravtsov, Chytil, Lundqvist. Canucks could settle for Lundqvist, Kravtsov, 1st for Miller, and trade Boeser for something like Foote + NJD 2nd. There are a number of prospects that the Canucks have that would also be on the table in addition to all that.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
1. Miller for Lundqvist, Kravtsov, 1st
2. Boeser for Foote, McCarthy, 2nd - I forgot Foote in the original post
3. Then Canucks flip everything except Kravtsov and McCarthy for Chychrun (and Rathbone added in)
Can you just do the Canucks-Coyotes part?

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
Chychrun for Lundqvist, Foote, Rathbone, NYR 2022 1st, NJD 2022 2nd
That's a significant offer. If the Blues don't get him then I definitely would hope he'd go to a team that's a ways from contending. It goes without saying that this is a trick pool shot, involving as it does a team that's out of it being active at the deadline and multiple significant trades in sequence.

Just curious, why would Vancouver be trying to win a deadline bidding war sending 5 future pieces when they aren't a playoff team? Wouldn't they hope to get Chychrun in the summer using assets they gather at the deadline?

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
As a Ducks fan if the cost is too much I'd walk away without second thought. Arizona doesn't have to trade him... At all its going to cost a lot so for that reason starting to think Ducks won't be the team he goes to if he moves.

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
Why are people looking at a guy with 2g-9a in 40GP, a -28 and acting like he's pure gold? Stats from last season don't really count since they only played divisional games.

I'd be hesitant to trade Neighbors for him straight up. From what I've seen from Neighbors, it's highly likely he'll develop into a top 6 forward on most teams.

Fun stat I found, Chychrun leads all D-men in "shots that missed net" with 80, which turns out to be 40% of his shot attempts. For a guy who's upside is supposed to be his offensive ability, this doesn't look good at all.

His advanced stats are just awful across the board. Is he playing injured or something?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Still stuck in Forum 40
As a Ducks fan if the cost is too much I'd walk away without second thought. Arizona doesn't have to trade him... At all its going to cost a lot so for that reason starting to think Ducks won't be the team he goes to if he moves.
This Coyote fan thinks that if we can't get McTavish then we should just keep Chychrun and yes the price is too high. He could be moved this off-season if GMBA targets a draft pick. Otherwise I see him on next season's roster.

Reactions: bsu

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This Coyote fan thinks that if we can't get McTavish then we should just keep Chychrun and yes the price is too high. He could be moved this off-season if GMBA targets a draft pick. Otherwise I see him on next season's roster.
Fair

Reactions: duckpuck

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Rangers:
JT Miller

Devils:
Brock Boeser

Canucks:
Jakob Chychrun
Case McCarthy
Vitali Kravtsov

Coyotes:
Nils Lundqvist
Jack Rathbone
2022 Rangers 1st
2022 Devils 2nd

Damn, kudos for the effort. Has there ever been a 4-way trade before?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
1. Miller for Lundqvist, Kravtsov, 1st
2. Boeser for Foote, McCarthy, 2nd - I forgot Foote in the original post
3. Then Canucks flip everything except Kravtsov and McCarthy for Chychrun (and Rathbone added in)
What would the cost for boeser be from Anaheim?

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
That's a significant offer. If the Blues don't get him then I definitely would hope he'd go to a team that's a ways from contending. It goes without saying that this is a trick pool shot, involving as it does a team that's out of it being active at the deadline and multiple significant trades in sequence.

Just curious, why would Vancouver be trying to win a deadline bidding war sending 5 future pieces when they aren't a playoff team? Wouldn't they hope to get Chychrun in the summer using assets they gather at the deadline?
It doesn't have to be at the deadline. I would actually prefer it to be during the summer, because then we would be able to semi-tank.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad