Post-Game Talk: Three Stars #45: Devils @ Rangers, aka, "Season's Over"

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
BTW, personnel-wise this team is loads better than last year's team. I'm going to include Staal in this team, hopefully he comes back.

Nash>Gabby
Stepan>Richards (much more consistent, better defense)
Richards>Stepan, the way Richards is playing now

Brassard>Anisimov/Dubinsky/Boyle
Moore>Bickel

There are obviously some players that played a lot better last year like Girardi, but I think this team is far more solid than last year's. That team was grittier, but this team is much more talented and now just as deep if not deeper.

I'm confused by this.

AWall THE CLAW

Jul 23, 2010
Really was hoping Gabby would be part of a Rangers Cup team... but it has truly been night and day since the trade. I love what Brass and Moore are bringing to the table. Clowe is a beast along the boards which is what they need him to be.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
I'm confused by this.

I can easily see how that's confusing, :laugh:.

Stepan of this year>Richards of last year for #1 C
Richards, how he's been playing lately>Stepan of last year for #2 C

It's a bit unfair because I'm taking only April as the sample size for the second one.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I can easily see how that's confusing, :laugh:.

Stepan of this year>Richards of last year for #1 C
Richards, how he's been playing lately>Stepan of last year for #2 C

It's a bit unfair because I'm taking only April as the sample size for the second one.

Ok, that makes more sense.

I hope this is the Richards we take into the playoffs. Honestly, It looks like our players are getting hot at the right time.

Kershaw

Richards is not even close to last year's Stepan, who was very underrated. Not half as good defensively.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Richards is not even close to last year's Stepan, who was very underrated. Not half as good defensively.

Well I'd be interested to see what kind of Richards we get in the playoffs if we get there. Stepan was pretty pedestrian in last year's playoffs. Maybe it was the Orpik hit, but nonetheless you have to mention that.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Lol. Volchenkov, after his giveaway which led to the Pyatt goal, meant to slash the post out of frustration. He got Fatso as well. :laugh:

Wolfy*

Funny poll, not ONE vote to Nash. He had another lazy game? :laugh:

Worried, it's playoff time soon, we really need his A game.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Lmao, they hate his uniform? hahaha

I hate when people say this, that Lundqvist is just big and doesn't make athletic saves. If anything he's one of the most athletic goalies in the league, just because he doesn't flop like Marty or Hasek doesn't mean he's not athletic. The guy has amazing positioning and mechanics and on top of it he makes athletic saves. That's what sets him apart from other "big butterfly" goalies.

He doesn;'t flop solely because he knows how to position himself in the net. he's naturally bigger than those two goalies as well, plus equipment is bigger than back when Hasek was in his prime... Simple answer.

Ouch Fatso

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice 17m
Brodeur: "You could just feel it when things didn't go our way in the game, we quit. We took a lot of penalties....

I think what's actually getting to the devils is...

Boom.. http://www.capgeek.com/devils/

They are up for 12 (YES TWELVE) players entering RFA/UFA... After a season like this, I'm not sure how many will resign with the club... The Albany Devils team also has 15 players entering UFA/RFA... Lou has alot of rebuilding to do, since the only locked up players for the next 2-3 years is Volchenkov, Salvador, Greene, Kovalchuk, and Zajac... Thats a horrific core... Looks like the Devs are finally entering their playoff drought. With Marty getting older, and onlu Hedberg to back him up...

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Funny poll, not ONE vote to Nash. He had another lazy game? :laugh:

Worried, it's playoff time soon, we really need his A game.
I was at the game and he was very noticeable pretty much the whole time. Just wasn't scoring

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Had a blast at this game today. Love that this team is knocking other teams out of the pays offs with each game.

Fav parts of today.

1) Was the woman in the Bruins jersey with the American flag. Awesome to see.
2) The announcer calling the Deboer misconduct...He Seemed to really be enjoying that one.
3) Post game guinness at cafe 31

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Read through parts of Devils GDT and they so mad at those 'Season's Over' chants. Love it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad