Proposal: Three Oiler Trades, All In

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
These help the oilers but not in the way they need to be serious playoff contenders.

If holland pulls his head out of his ass he acquires giroux with jones and maybe ellis. I say jones because he still can play in a 1a 1b situation and is cheap at 2m.
I dont have to explain why Giroux but if im holland i throw savoie at him in the deal convincing him that he should be in a position to draft his brother and having both would benefit the team and include kassian same thing selling him on kassian fits phillies playing style.
Then if they acquire those three they go out and get chychrun then they run or instead of ellis at tdl if sharks are out of it they can go after burns at 50%
Nurse-bouch
Chychrun-ellis/burns
Keith-ceci
Mcdavid-Drai-Jp
Hyman-Giroux-yamo
Foegale-nuge-perlini
Shore/benson/archi-mcleod-sceivour/archi

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Lol... silly Oiler fans, always overvaluing their assets...

err, wait... @TFHockey what are you doing man?!

Who is Karel Vejmelka and why are the Oilers paying Koskinen, a 1st and 2nd for him :laugh:

Seems like you're overpaying to Seattle and Arizona. I don't think Ottawa moves Zub, they already lack defensive help.

I think Vejmelka is going to be a 1A goaltender. Could be overpaying though. Fair enough.

Zub would be hard to land. I think he is exactly what the Oilers need on the 2nd pairing right side.

Soucy is a good D man on the left side, I see him on the 2nd pairing with Zub. Could be overpaying again. Fair statement.

Nurse - Bouchard
Soucy - Zub
Keith - Ceci

Vejmelka
Skinner/Smith

Even with overpays we'll get people complaining. Watch.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
:edmonton

Carson Soucy

:seattle

Tyson Barrie
Carter Savoie

Artem Zub

:sens

Derek Ryan
Oilers 2022 1st

Karel Vejmelka

:coyotes

Mikko Koskinen
Oilers 2023 1st, 2023 2nd
None of these are the answer here...

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
These are not the all in trades I was expecting.

No chance the Oilers land guys like Chychrun IMHO. If that was who you were looking for.

These are cheaper, complimentary pieces that should put the team on a better footing without losing Holloway, Bourgault or Broberg.

Also a lot of cap gets moved out. Koskinen, Barrie and Derek Ryan are $10.25 M out, while Vejmelka, Zub and Soucy are only $4. 85 M coming in.

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
No chance the Oilers land guys like Chychrun IMHO. If that was who you were looking for.

These are cheaper, complimentary pieces that should put the team on a better footing without losing Holloway, Bourgault or Broberg.

Also a lot of cap gets moved out. Koskinen, Barrie and Derek Ryan are $10.25 M out, while Vejmelka, Zub and Soucy are only $4. 85 M coming in.
Yeah but the price is ridiculous

Reactions: Sweetpotato

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
I like your targets but I think you've sent out too much to acquire them, the exception being Zub. He will be supremely expensive and rightfully so.

I think a decent prospect + 2nd for Soucy.
Koski + mid round pick for Vejmelka.

Zub is likely to cost a 1st + Blue chip. I'd probably do it if you could get Nick Paul in the deal too and expand it a little. But I doubt Ottawa moves him and his next deal is going to be a decent raise.

Reactions: TFHockey

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Rrreeeeaaaalllllyyyy, that moment you realize an oil fan made this.

Our 1sts aren't moving and certainly not for Zub and Vejmelka. Holland didn't even want to move 1sts and top prospects for Chychrun...

Add onto that trade for Vejmelka and you could get an actual proven starter like Gibson.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Rrreeeeaaaalllllyyyy, that moment you realize an oil fan made this.

Our 1sts aren't moving and certainly not for Zub and Vejmelka. Holland didn't even want to move 1sts and top prospects for Chychrun...

Add onto that trade for Vejmelka and you could get an actual proven starter like Gibson.
I think you seriously underrate Zub.

Guy is a legit shut down defenseman. Would probably be #2 on this team.

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
I think you seriously underrate Zub.

Guy is a legit shut down defenseman. Would probably be #2 on this team.
My point is more along the lines of what would happen instead of what I'd do. Ken Holland isn't moving a 1st for Zub if he wasn't willing to move it for Chychrun.

Reactions: GOilers88

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Absurd how unbalanced fan proposals are. No way this would happen in real life.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Absurd how unbalanced fan proposals are. No way this would happen in real life.

Read the post above.

I totally overpaid on two of those proposals, I know. Still got a "Barrie sucks no way Seattle would do this"

Zub is a better and cheaper version of Adam Larsson.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Soucy would be apart of a package coming back for Barrie

Zub carries a fair bit more value .. but Sens do not have the depth to move him.

Would maybe value Vej at a 3rd

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
Soucy would be apart of a package coming back for Barrie

Sub carries a fair bit more value .. but Sens do not have the depth to move him.

Would maybe value Vej at a 3rd

Okay, if we are going to be a bit more fair to the Oilers,

Vej to Edmonton for Koskinen + 2nd ?

Mason Appleton + Soucy for Barrie + 3rd?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
See what I mean?
What did you expect? You're targeting players the other team has no reason to move. Imagine someone randomly wanting RNH or Nurse. It would take a boat load to convince oil fans.

Change Zub with Manson, stralman, etc
Change Soucy to Leddy, Giordano, etc
Change Vejmelka to Greiss, Halak, etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad