OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
didn’t know where to put this, but i played a show in Toronto last night and apparently Dougie Hamilton was there. i hope i sang in tune…

nice.....it's been YEARS since i played live in the city.

it all stopped when the rest of the band hooked up, got married and had kids.... all the while i'm still wanting to play and still single after all these years....

one is my brother the drummer, another a friend... guitar (who recently got divorced), the third, another guitar and my current employer who has been talking about wanting to at least play together again and record...

it might be time to 'get the band back together' now that their kids are older.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Hey I got my like button back! Never lost it for that short of a period....it was like 24 hours.

Maybe somebody realized how arbitrary it was dinging me for posting a YouTube video of the PT Barnum song "Sucker born every minute" was?

It's actually quite a fun song....I would post it here but somebody might get upset... again.

i'll take that chance

....and now while we got some JIM dale.... gonna add a ferocious version of another song from DICK dale about 30 years after the original version ;)

(a lefty but the thick strings are on the bottom?! incredible)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i'll take that chance

....and now while we got some JIM dale.... gonna add a ferocious version of another song from DICK dale about 30 years after the original version ;)

(a lefty but the thick strings are on the bottom?! incredible)

Standing up to the man!

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Some big storms
IMG_6811.jpeg
IMG_6803.jpeg
IMG_6809.jpeg

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
But did she hawk tuah?
I've seen this trending for several days on the internet. Had no idea what it was about, nor did I care. I thought maybe it had something to do with something completely different from what it really was.

Your post inspired me to finally look up what all of this was about. I haven't watched that actual clip or anything, but I knew hawk is a verb for spitting. I'm guessing the tuah part is supposed to be the noise that's made when you spit/hawk. :laugh:

Reactions: JimEIV

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I have some old pictures I took with a disposable camera of the beach in Manasquan on Thanksgiving one year when I was younger. it was just some mean looking clouds and I'm pretty sure it unloaded with a ton of rain after that. If memory serves me correct, it actually wound up being a pretty nice day and the sun came out later that afternoon.

These pictures are MUCH nicer though. I've never been able to capture anything like that. But seeing these and Belmar triggered the memory from that Thanksgiving. I remember being down there for the day and it being Thanksgiving. I've gotta try to look for those cause now I wanna see them.

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I've seen this trending for several days on the internet. Had no idea what it was about, nor did I care. I thought maybe it had something to do with something completely different from what it really was.

Your post inspired me to finally look up what all of this was about. I haven't watched that actual clip or anything, but I knew hawk is a verb for spitting. I'm guessing the tuah part is supposed to be the noise that's made when you spit/hawk. :laugh:

I'm on Instagram a lot and it's plastered all over the place....

So I go to Insta mostly to follow my friends and see their fly tying, fishing and hunting pictures. No exaggeration, I honestly must have seen that chick 100 times in the last few days.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm on Instagram a lot and it's plastered all over the place....

So I go to Insta mostly to follow my friends and see their fly tying, fishing and hunting pictures. No exaggeration, I honestly must have seen that chick 100 times in the last few days.
I keep seeing it and I've thought several times that it was potentially a TV show or video game.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
a deep cut into the 80s (ya, ya....december 19 '89... right at the end)

the clash london calling album also got the end of decade timing 10 years earlier...december 14 '79

christmas gifts for all

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I had roasted chicken thighs and wild rice for dinner it was awesome.

My wife cooks the chicken and the rice in a cast iron pot together. The rice gets this rich flavor from the chicken fat...it's my favorite.
I made some bangin “chorizo” tacos tonight. Healthier version, smoked red pepper chicken sausage
IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6293.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: JimEIV and My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Was never a Sammy Hagar fan.

I went to see Van-Hagar in MSG around 1990 could've been 1991... they were very good but it just didn't feel like Van Halen?

Eddie was the best part of the show honestly. He took center stage and soloed for a good 15/20 minutes.

Pretty weird crowd too. I was used to going to heavier shows that were typical male enraged dominant...Van Hager was a little too mainstream for me...a lot of guys with their girlfriends...hell I was their with my girlfriend and another couple.

Reactions: Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Was never a Sammy Hagar fan.

I went to see Van-Hagar in MSG around 1990 could've been 1991... they were very good but it just didn't feel like Van Halen?

Eddie was the best part of the show honestly. He took center stage and soloed for a good 15/20 minutes.

Pretty weird crowd too. I was used to going to heavier shows that were typical male enraged dominant...Van Hager was a little too mainstream for me...a lot of guys with their girlfriends...hell I was their with my girlfriend and another couple.

pretty much. van hagar had their moments...but the band really hit its peak when gary cherone took over lead vocals and eddie played drums instead of alex because he was too f***ed up to play on the album

(edit: i guess for those that don't get the joke, i'll add this :sarcasm: )

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad