OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
pretty much. van hagar had their moments...but the band really hit its peak when gary cherone took over lead vocals and eddie played drums instead of alex because he was too f***ed up to play on the album

(edit: i guess for those that don't the joke, i'll add this :sarcasm: )
I saw Van Hagar on their first tour. It was very good. Definitely a different feel than DLR Van Halen but now that I'm old and I watch the old concert footage I realize that DLR was a cartoon character and it's a bit cringey to watch now. At least Hagar realized what the point was and just delivered on that. That said, the albums during the DLR era were more enjoyable to me. Once Eddie became too enamored of the 1980s synth sound the band never quite worked for me after that. OU812 was probably the last one that I bought.

Reactions: Bleedred and JimEIV

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I saw Van Hagar on their first tour. It was very good. Definitely a different feel than DLR Van Halen but now that I'm old and I watch the old concert footage I realize that DLR was a cartoon character and it's a bit cringey to watch now. At least Hagar realized what the point was and just delivered on that. That said, the albums during the DLR era were more enjoyable to me. Once Eddie became too enamored of the 1980s synth sound the band never quite worked for me after that. OU812 was probably the last one that I bought.

=VH= 🤘

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I like Sammy Hagar as a singer, but I thought Van Halen became too ballad-y when he took over.

I absolutely cannot see David Lee Roth getting up there and singing most of their hits after he left the band. I can't hear his voice on any of those songs in studio either. It would just be really weird.

Then again, I can kind of hear him on Right Now, Top of the World and Finish What Ya Started.

I can't hear him on hardly any of the 5150 songs or most of the others that I didn't name. I'm laughing thinking about him singing When it's Love, Why Can't this be Love, their message in a bottle song, etc.

Conversely, I could imagine Sammy Hagar singing most of the David Lee Roth songs, other than some of the goofy ones like Hot for Teacher. Ice Cream Man, Just because he was more versatile. I definitely like David Lee Roth Van Halen better though.

Its Always Sundstrom

Among the optimists.
Sponsor
Dec 1, 2019

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I spent all morning walking around around Cabela's.

IMG_20240627_105431109.jpg

Reactions: My3Sons

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Been listening to the new Twenty One Pilots album Clancy for the past month and it's fantastic - perhaps their best one yet.

I don't watch many music videos anymore, but their video for Paladin Straight is so well done from a visual and production perspective. They did videos for all the songs on the album, but pumped most of the money into this one.

Reactions: My3Sons

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I watched "Alone" on the History Channel last night. Both the regular and Australia series back to back ...they were both new episodes.

I really like that show...most of the contestants have a high quality traditional bow and just about all them actually know how to shoot.

Not like Naked and Afraid....most of those contestants can't shoot a bow.

I don't concern myself with worldly topics or events... I stopped paying attention some time in the early 2000 and have become even more distant since .. sitting in a tree stand one morning while it was just starting to get light and the woods were just coming to life, I was reflecting on the war that going on...it was the time that we were introduced to bunker busting bombs and about places like Panjshir Valley...I had a friend there.

It's an incredible time to be in the woods. Darkness turns to shadows and then the shadows give way to light and the woods awaken with the light. At some point after enough times watching the day begin in the woods you began to realize that it is about the truest thing you can know. There's something about it that has the ability to remove you from the fake contrived world...and no matter what anyone says, or laws that are passed or nonsense that is going on in the world...the woods will wake up the same exact way everyday and life and death will unfold in the most beautiful way. I like to focus on that.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
Not paying attention is a terrible idea and why people wake up one day and wonder what the hell happened.

Ignorance is bliss… tell that to your kids (or other peoples).

Reactions: MartyOwns

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Not paying attention is a terrible idea and why people wake up one day and wonder what the hell happened.

I have enough uncontrollable things to be angry about, I don't need any more.

I'll take those kids you speak of fishing and teach them to shoot a bow so that they can have the same sanctum and know the same peace I do and they'll be much better people for it.

Those issues on the talk news stations are fake, they're not real, they are methods to procure power and wealth at your expense. It's going to happen that way whether you or I play along or not. I just prefer to not engage in the theatrics.

I think at some point we all should consider the idea that we've all been manipulated to do someone else's bidding...with absolutely nothing in return.

Last edited:

Ripshot 43

Jul 21, 2010
I have enough uncontrollable things to be angry about, I don't need any more.

I'll take those kids you speak of fishing and teach them to shoot a bow so that they can have the same sanctum and know the same peace I do and they'll be much better people for it.

Those issues on the talk news stations are fake, they're not real, they are methods to procure power and wealth at your expense. It's going to happen that way whether you or I play along or not. I just prefer to not engage in the theatrics.

I think at some point we all should consider the idea that we've all been manipulated to do someone else's bidding...with absolutely nothing in return.
Don’t disagree with much of what you said but I still refuse to put a blindfold on and plugs in my ears. I appreciate your response but that will be my last message on the topic.

Reactions: JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I agree...it is a topic not worth exploring further...But one more thing on my behalf...

Don't confuse my Disdain for Apathy... it's not a disinterest for me it's more of a pure and true hate.

That is all.

Last edited:

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
This country is doomed

I will leave it at that as anything else is not allowed

US and UK are declining. Hard.

It's the Gen X mindset. They can't help it.

Reactions: Ripshot 43
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad