OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
ya, thats all vacuum packed along with bacon and capocoli

canned tomato sauce, canned carrots, beets, long green beans spicy, all kinds of stuff in shelves....old f***ing school

got 15L sauce left...august soon enough
Awesome. You did all the canning right?

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Update on that date:

IMG_4001.jpeg

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I lost my like button again. Kinda getting very arbitrary these days.

But I can make an awesome eggplant parmesan. My favorite thing to do is make an entire dish and let in sit overnight in the refrigerator then make eggplant parm subs the next day...I haven't done it a while but I think as soon as this heat breaks I might make a batch. Too hot to run the oven this week. It's a long process too.

This heat really sucks.

Last edited:

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Sunday, today is my official weigh in. Down 22.6 lbs since the beginning of April.

3 more weeks to go before I ruin it all.
What's the weight loss regiment?

I've been trying to do more excercise/workout stuff lately. Feel I'm getting in better shape, but I'm actually gaining weight. Definitely some muscle add, but I definitely still have a beer belly.

Latest workout add is animal flow. All ground based body weight stuff. Still very early but I think it's going to be my main workout for at least a while.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What's the weight loss regiment?

I've been trying to do more excercise/workout stuff lately. Feel I'm getting in better shape, but I'm actually gaining weight. Definitely some muscle add, but I definitely still have a beer belly.

Latest workout add is animal flow. All ground based body weight stuff. Still very early but I think it's going to be my main workout for at least a while.
Fasting til noon or so. I have been eating 3 meals a day in a 6 hour window.

First two meals are always the same

Meal 1 @noon :half of an avocado, 1 egg on one slice of multigrain toast

Meai 2 @3:00pm Greek yogurt, blueberries and almonds

I figured these two meals are coming in around 700 calories.

Then dinner @6...is usually pretty simple protein/veg/starch - rice or sweet potato. Dinner is unmeasured and a little more liberal...But I'm a trying to keep most week days under 1500 calories. Weekends I'm a little looser. Only rule no drinking or dinning out at all. I've slipped a few times ;)

I go on the treadmill everyday for 30 minutes. I try to lift but I have an injured shoulder and it's been limiting me a lot. I still go to lift Monday/Wednesday/Friday...but a lot of the times I can't do to much upper body with the shoulder aching.

Really though I'm just trying to get some sort of regimented system down. Since I stopped working it's been a little difficult to have a daily routine. And I can be dangerous left to my own devices.

Last edited:

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Really though I'm just trying to get some sort of regimented system down. Since I stopped working it's been a little difficult to have a daily routine. And I can be dangerous left to my own devices.
Same, my work days are pretty active, but on my off days I'm pretty good at sitting around for hours at a time. Need to work in some activity "breaks".

Food wise, I'm good all day, until the evening, and that's when I tend to eat too much. Also when I tend to drink beers. And of course evenings are the worse time to be drinking or eating too much. No time to burn that off.

Reactions: Bleedred

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Same, my work days are pretty active, but on my off days I'm pretty good at sitting around for hours at a time. Need to work in some activity "breaks".

Food wise, I'm good all day, until the evening, and that's when I tend to eat too much. Also when I tend to drink beers. And of course evenings are the worse time to be drinking or eating too much. No time to burn that off.
Yeah...the drinks are the killers for me.

Mainly because I want to snack also while I'm drinking. 3/4 drinks and snacks and I've taken in 2000+ calories and didn't even realize it.

It's no big deal if you do it infrequently but when you start doing it every other night...

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Yeah...the drinks are the killers for me.

Mainly because I want to snack also while I'm drinking. 3/4 drinks and snacks and I've taken in 2000+ calories and didn't even realize it.

It's no big deal if you do it infrequently but when you start doing it every other night...
Same.

Oddly marijuana has the reverse affect on me, curbs my appetite, and it helps me get a good stretch in. I'm not a big smoker though.

Reactions: JimEIV and Bleedred

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I just re-watched the Sopranos last month. My first few thoughts:

My god - this is how the rest of the world is going to think we sound. These accents are so over the top.

Then I realized... I probably know 30-40 people with that accent.
I re-watched it about 3-6 months ago or so. I think we finished it 3-4 months ago.

I watched it with my friend, who had never watched it before this.

Funny thing is that James Gandolfini was in fact from North Jersey, but he didn't have that accent, nor a particularly strong accent native to the area. He went to a voice coach for it. I'm not sure how many of the other characters did, if any of them.

In the pilot episode, there's two very noticeable differences with the character of Tony compared to episode 2. The first is that he's very noticeably slimmer. And the second is his accent isn't very strong yet and he sounds much different from episode 2. The first episode was actually filmed a whole year before episode 2 and the rest of the first series, because they made that to put it out there and see if it would get picked up, and they had to get it approved by HBO (or another network) before they went ahead with filming the rest of the season. They made him gain I think it was 50 or 60 pounds for the role of Tony, because I guess they wanted someone with significantly more weight/fat on them than what Gandolfini had when he was cast.

Tony is a bad guy, but he's a little more humanized (as much as he could be) then almost any of the other fellow mobsters, other than probably Bobby. One thing we both found funny is how Tony (and many others, like Phil and his wife/family) they hide behind their Catholic faith only when it's convenient for them. I don't think we see Tony in church once when it wasn't for a funeral. Which obviously Carmela attends because that's how she knows the creepy priest. Yet he has a problem with his homosexual co-worker (although clearly not as much as some of the others or Phil) because he's a ''Strict Catholic'' and he also doesn't believe in divorce because he's ''Old school'' and a Catholic. But his Catholic faith certainly doesn't come into play in his beliefs on adultery or stealing/murdering people.

Reactions: Mr Bojanglez

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hey I got my like button back! Never lost it for that short of a period....it was like 24 hours.

Maybe somebody realized how arbitrary it was dinging me for posting a YouTube video of the PT Barnum song "Sucker born every minute" was?

It's actually quite a fun song....I would post it here but somebody might get upset... again.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad