OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Oh tonight I have a My Father the Judge.

Another Nicaraguan.
The price of Cuban cigars has gone nuts the past two years. A Cohiba Siglo II which is a petite corona size of 5x42 is now $42-$43 US. A Monte 2 is about $35 US. Don't get me started on Trinidads which are now priced like Cohiba. A corona sized Trinidad of 5.5x44 is approximately $48 US. I tend to buy some as gifts when I go overseas but man these prices are insane. A box of Monte 4s is about $350 US. Any cigar with a 42 ring or higher is basically grossly overpriced. Apparently, the Cubans fell behind during covid and just raised prices to make up the difference and people pay it so they raised them again. We are going to Spain at the end of the week so I'll be curious what the local selection is there. They still sell Cubans at local corner stores as opposed to England where they are sold in dedicated luxury shops like Fox and Sons or Davidoff.

Reactions: JimEIV

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
call 911 about an asshole douche ripping by here in a porsche 911

two cops show up here sometime later ask me why i told the operator to f*** off. (which didnt happen)

... funny thing, it was a cop i met recently after a crash that happened on my road.

i asked for the call recording as i was offended that someone would make up a false statement against me. the two havent had access to the recording ... just word of mouth

...they asked if they could use the cover of the driveway to do radar.

i said, sure. you want it in writing?

it was a good talk with the two cops.

one wanted the okay for a follow up call to me ....

anytime. you got my number.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
We closed on our house in NJ a few days ago. During the final walk through our realtor, also a Devils fan, let us know that one of the offers we beat out on the house was from Daneyko's daughter lol
Small world. Maybe invite her over for dinner and tell her to bring Dad along. Best of luck on the new house. May you have many years of many great memories there.

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
We closed on our house in NJ a few days ago. During the final walk through our realtor, also a Devils fan, let us know that one of the offers we beat out on the house was from Daneyko's daughter lol

Congratulations on the new house!

Your realtor has a big mouth. Relatively harmless in this case, but they're not supposed to tell you stuff like that.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
I say it every season but holy shit do I love blue claw crabs. First time out this year was nuts, 36 right off the bat with throwing a ton of keepers back.

A couple of beers and some butter soooooo good.

Reactions: JimEIV and Bleedred

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
I say it every season but holy shit do I love blue claw crabs. First time out this year was nuts, 36 right off the bat with throwing a ton of keepers back.

A couple of beers and some butter soooooo good.

hell yes. beer and a boat.

your day sounds like a home run

Screen Shot 2024-06-17 at 7.38.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2024-06-17 at 7.41.51 PM.png

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Please stay cool these next two weeks

View attachment 883759

no shit. i overheat fast.

hopefully the jobs in toronto on wednesday are shaded by the tall buildings.

same old sewer and waste water thing... most likely a few new installs or just relocating some manhole covers with our sensors under them to new locations.

no climbing down in the the depths below this time.

Last edited:

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Off to the shoulder doctor, appointment in 45 minutes...had a set back...all messed up again

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Yeah and it's looking a bit worse. Before it was impingement and inflamed bursa now it's that plus "injury to the fascia and tendon of long head of bicep"....at least that what the report says.

I did it shooting my bow. I thought I was good to go but apparently not.

• Wow
Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Yeah and it's looking a bit worse. Before it was impingement and inflamed bursa now it's that plus "injury to the fascia and tendon of long head of bicep"....at least that what the report says.

I did it shooting my bow. I thought I was good to go but apparently not.

i cant remember if asked before but would it help to learn the opposite way?... i taught myself to throw baseball and football left (opposite) due to a shity right arm. i mix it up so as not to burn out the right

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
i cant remember if asked before but would it help to learn the opposite way?... i taught myself to throw baseball and football left (opposite) due to a shity right arm. i mix it up so as not to burn out the right
Handedness is determined by eye dominance... I'm predominantly an "instinctive" shooter...the simplest definition of an instinctive shooter is no sights...it gets more complicated with various aiming techniques but if you are cross hand/eye dominant being consistently accurate is very difficult.

Some are so against switching hands that they wear a patch over their dominant eye... that's just not practical to me.

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
ok you attention seeking people....you got your 15 minutes of fame that will change nothing.

thank you very much but i will still continue to drive my decent mileage vehicle on the backs of dead animals and plants. it's called using every raw material at hand. go f*** a tree while your at it.

(im not against climate helping... sure, the world should maybe try and 'do better' but seeing petulant shit like this is a joke)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad