OT: Thread About Nothing (TaN #...lost count)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Going to see Gilmour at MSG in November. That will be the close of my must see list.

firing up the full studio speakers for this one now. only single off the album and only one not gilmour written.

but classic f***ing gilmour... turn it up.

also, what eventually became comfortably numb was bred in these sessions for this album but no

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
firing up the full studio speakers for this one now. only single off the album and only one not gilmour written.

but classic f***ing gilmour... turn it up.

also, what eventually became comfortably numb was bred in these sessions for this album but no

I prefer his About Face album which is on my shortlist for all time underrated albums. I know Gilmour thinks the sound is dated and too ‘80s but the songs are great.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
She’s a Blue Light
All Lovers Are Deranged
Love On the Air
Until We Sleep

And my favorite

Murder

Great album

gowan "all the lovers in the world"

or

bruce cockburn "lovers in a dangerous time"

or

"murder by numbers" the police

... i have the 7" record ... murder is the B side

the A side is a dud though

Last edited:

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg
hardly great all around. croatia has left the other divided countries in the dust since the war and newly drawn territories were established.

it's not even close.
It would be better to stay aside from political stuff. Some countries gives money and media support to other countries to create chaos and use double standards and influence. And it's hard enough to figure it out and definitely not appropriate. I am sure that most people are not wanted it all this at all.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Splitting a feather in half to create wings... it's called the Wally Wing...Named after a Canadian who made the technique famous in the 1970's Wally Lutz.

I'm not really sure how practical it is, I mean I don't think it enhances a fly more than any other wing technique but it sure is cool looking.

IMG_20240530_114537487.jpg

IMG_20240530_113934474.jpg

IMG_20240530_113859515.jpg

My3Sons

Sponsor
Splitting a feather in half to create wings... it's called the Wally Wing...Named after a Canadian who made the technique famous in the 1970's Wally Lutz.

I'm not really sure how practical it is, I mean I don't think it enhances a fly more than any other wing technique but it sure is cool looking.

View attachment 880864

View attachment 880865

View attachment 880866
It looks something like that venom spotting finsaur that ate Newman in Jurassic Park.

Reactions: JimEIV

My3Sons

Sponsor
gowan "all the lovers in the world"

or

bruce cockburn "lovers in a dangerous time"

or

"murder by numbers" the police

... i have the 7" record ... murder is the B side

the A side is a dud though
Synchronicity was a great album. Also somewhat dated by its production but really great songs. The Police went out on top.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Synchronicity was a great album. Also somewhat dated by its production but really great songs. The Police went out on top.
I came to appreciate the Police way after they were gone....When they were a band and I was a young teen I saw their music as too feminine for me...yeah it was a dumb perspective but when I was 13/14 years old, every band was either "girl music" or "guys music"

Sounds silly even typing it but I probably thought that way until I was around 16.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
It would be better to stay aside from political stuff. Some countries gives money and media support to other countries to create chaos and use double standards and influence. And it's hard enough to figure it out and definitely not appropriate. I am sure that most people are not wanted it all this at all.

my post was not intended to come across as political. i was simply referring to how croatia's soccer program as fared much better than the other countries.

Reactions: Guadana and My3Sons

My3Sons

Sponsor
I came to appreciate the Police way after they were gone....When they were a band and I was a young teen I saw their music as too feminine for me...yeah it was a dumb perspective but when I was 13/14 years old, every band was either "girl music" or "guys music"

Sounds silly even typing it but I probably thought that way until I was around 16.
I recall thinking he was sort of overdoing it with the Jamaican accent singing when he is British but the songs were generally quite strong and they sounded well structured for the era. I enjoyed harder sounds of course but they just stood out to me even if I was more interested in the DLR era of Van Halen in comparison.

Reactions: JimEIV

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
My bathroom sink has been clogged recently and things like Drano haven't worked. So I found this drain snake thing on Amazon, like perfect it looks like exactly what I need. It came today and I was super pumped to try it out after I got home.

I just got back, open the package... and it's two sets of f***ing 12 light bulbs. It's not even close to what I ordered, and what am I supposed to do with 24 light bulbs 😭😭

My3Sons

Sponsor
My bathroom sink has been clogged recently and things like Drano haven't worked. So I found this drain snake thing on Amazon, like perfect it looks like exactly what I need. It came today and I was super pumped to try it out after I got home.

I just got back, open the package... and it's two sets of f***ing 12 light bulbs. It's not even close to what I ordered, and what am I supposed to do with 24 light bulbs 😭😭
You break them into small shards of glass and shove them down the drain to cut up whatever is in there?

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut

I initially read this as “Dano hasn’t worked” and I was confused. Like, you asked Dano to help you with your drain? Then I read it again.

…I spend too much time on here.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
What sort of cigars do you prefer?

I'm a big fan of Niagarauan cigars. Padron any of them but the 1964 is my favorite, Olivia Serie V Melanio , Drew Estate Liga Privada #9, Ageing Room Nicaragua, Tatuaje Reserva, and AJ Fernandez New World are my regulars in my humidor.

I'll try anything from Esteli Nicaragua.

Of course I love Cubans but besides their scarcity, I find their quality to be a bit spotty. My favorite Cuban is the Monte Cristo #2. Last time I was in Cuba in 2017 I bought 2 boxes...one of the #5 and one #2. Still have a bunch left in my humidor.

I also have a few singles Trinidads and Partagas #5 that I really like also.

Edit: I don't smoke very much. I probably smoke 10 cigars a year. +/- a few.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad