OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
I hope you don’t get the brunt of it.
Same. I’m east of the cone right near 75 and 310. Probably about 5 miles from Hillsborough bay. Trying to decide if I’m staying or leaving tomorrow. I’m in a weird spot, surrounded by flood zones, but my specific complex isn’t marked as a flood zone.

Def getting some wind, but idk about if the surge will push that far in.

The way they described it sounds as if the water in the bay is going to churned up into Tampa proper. That’s why thing meteorologists need to do better. Show maps of the actual areas that could be in serious shit. Not just cost lines marked as high storm surge.

Shit, I might even drive down to the south east of Florida and get a hotel that takes pets (I got two dogs.)

I’ll take my mothers ashes, past dogs ashes, my laptops, ps5, and my fender cobain sig strat, essentials, and f*** off lol.

Last edited:

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Same. I’m east of the cone right near 75 and 310. Probably about 5 miles from Hillsborough bay. Trying to decide if I’m staying or leaving tomorrow. I’m in a weird spot, surrounded by flood zones, but my specific complex isn’t marked as a flood zone.

Def getting some wind, but idk about if the surge will push that far in.

The way they described it sounds as if the water in the bay is going to churned up into Tampa proper. That’s why thing meteorologists need to do better. Show maps of the actual areas that could be in serious shit. Not just cost lines marked as high storm surge.

Shit, I might even drive down to the south east of Florida and get a hotel that takes pets (I got two dogs.)

I’ll take my mothers ashes, past dogs ashes, my laptops, ps5, and my fender cobain sig strat, essentials, and f*** off lol.
After however many storms here I always go with better safe than sorry

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Saw Keane for a second time in a week. They were at the Met in Philly on Saturday. What a gorgeous venue and what a beautiful beautiful band. These guys put on a great show and their music is unapologetic and real. Just beautiful music. Love that group so much. Was fortunate to take a really special girl in my life there as well. Just a special night.

They were also in NYC last night on my bday! I was tempted but I would be broke haha. It was just perfect timing with them being in Nashville when I was there and then in the area here on my bday week. After 12 years of not touring from the band breaking up and then from covid when they finally reunited. They are SO better live now too. Tom Chaplins transformation has been incredible. He is sober, healthy, happy and he sounds it. Some of the best vocals in the business.

IMG_9236.jpeg

IMG_9238.jpeg

IMG_9310.jpeg

Last edited:

Killing Joke

Dec 2, 2017
After however many storms here I always go with better safe than sorry
They put evacuation orders in, but I’m still 2 zones behind it. Worst comes to worse I’ll leave middle of the night. The county said they want people out of evac zones they call to be evacuated by 5 am tomorrow.

I’m worried how tv stations are using the GRAF track which shows more southern big bend than near Tallahassee, which is not what the NHC is showing. The NHC is showing Tallahassee is in danger as well.

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They put evacuation orders in, but I’m still 2 zones behind it. Worst comes to worse I’ll leave middle of the night. The county said they want people out of evac zones they call to be evacuated by 5 am tomorrow.

I’m worried how tv stations are using the GRAF track which shows more southern big bend than near Tallahassee, which is not what the NHC is showing. The NHC is showing Tallahassee is in danger as well.

That's a significant difference in the track. The problem is this storm is spooling up fast and if it jogs too far east it will be difficult to adjust. My youngest is at UF and they are canceling classes tomorrow but the school has not ordered any evacuation or made any statement about provisions to shelter the students from what my son told my wife.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I wanted to share a quick story of good customer service because it seems like such a rare thing these days.

A couple days ago I decided to treat myself to a nice box of chocolates from Wegmans. They had a cool end cap display with some locally made chocolates I decided to try.

I got home and tried a couple. They were really very good. But I noticed when I looked closer what looked to be a faint fingerprint on a couple of the pieces. Of course this gave me some pause, so I went to the website and emailed the company. That was around 5pm. To my surprise, I got an email back from the owner around 5:30. I was not expecting such a prompt reply. She was profuse in her apology, however, also very thorough in her explanation of the source. She explained that while the team members always wear gloves, sometimes the heat of their hands through the nitrile gloves might slightly melt the chocolate and in the process, transfer a fingerprint. I've melted and molded chocolate before, and used gloves when handling the resulting pieces. Her mentioning that sparked my memory and that included seeing some faint fingerprints. I also happen to work with a couple folks who previously worked at chocolate manufacturers who mentioned this absolutely could happen.

I was satisfied with the response and was going to just leave it at that. I responded to thank her for the explanation. She responded back asking if I'd be comfortable sharing my address so they could deliver a custom assortment of chocolates to make up for the incident. I can't say no to free chocolate, so I accepted. And two days later, one of their employees hand delivered the box to my house. It was a very nice gift box with a handwritten note thanking me for my understanding. And the chocolates I have had so far, both the original purchase and the couple I have tried from the gift box, were amazing.

I wanted to share that story also to say I highly recommend this place. And I will be an advocate of theirs going forward. If you like chocolate, give them a try!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad