OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Don't beat yourself up. We all have accidents. I once slipped down some stairs while holding my middle son when he was a few months old. Fortunately he was on top of me so he was fine. My wife ran over to pick him up while screaming and left me in a bloody heap and ran off with him. Fortunately my parents sold that house.

oh man. im not beating myself up at all

i laugh at shit like this and myself. 😂

Reactions: My3Sons

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
it's great to see how the 3rd generation on the hank williams story finally found his own rebel sound.

late 90s more traditional ... its

///

then.....this....'04

///

and then........ this

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Today I shot 30 arrows from a 40# bow pain free. Not quite where I want to be just yet, still lots of PT, exercises and strength building to do but my shoulder is almost feeling normal again. Maybe 80/85% for archery. For day to day life it's totally good.

This new therapist I found is awesome. His exuberance is contagious...

Young guy, interested in going beyond just feeling better and healing...he's all about gaining back the performance and increasing strength. He asks a lot of me but it's totally worth it.

He makes me hang from a pull up bar a lot.... I used to like to hang out at a bar a lot, now I just hang from the bar.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Today I shot 30 arrows from a 40# bow pain free. Not quite where I want to be just yet, still lots of PT, exercises and strength building to do but my shoulder is almost feeling normal again. Maybe 80/85% for archery. For day to day life it's totally good.

Young guy, interested in going beyond just feeling better and healing...he's all about gaining back the performance and increasing strength. He asks a lot of me but it's totally worth it.

He makes me hang from a pull up bar a lot.... I used to like to hang out at a bar a lot, now I just hang from the bar.

good to hear man

Reactions: My3Sons and JimEIV

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

I am so happy for you. Hopefully you have another 10-12% in you

Reactions: JimEIV

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
Well when that no good loser proves he's not worthy you will be there to pick up the pieces.

I put myself in a bad spot with that mindset back when I graduated college. Apologies as I never quite found a succinct way of telling this story.

Towards the end of my freshman year of college, I got dumped by my girlfriend via email. Being a dumb teenager, I didn't handle that particularly well. My grades went in the tank. Sophomore year didn't start off great, my roommates were lazy and I in turn also got complacent. Eventually I had to admit that I wasn't giving full effort and abruptly moved out. New roommates were nerds and suddenly my grades were back on track.

There was a cute gal in my class who lived in the same area of campus but I never had the nerve to talk to her. One day it rained unexpectedly. I left in the middle of class to buy an umbrella so I could offer to walk her back. We had a friendly chat and I thought I managed to give off a good first impression for once. A few days later, I asked if she wanted to study for the midterm together and she gave me a dirty look and declined. My friends were watching from afar and were like "WTF did you say to her?"

I used that as motivation to study hard for that exam. The mean was in the low 40s and the professor admonished the class. Being petty I made a point to walk by her and loudly tell my friends that I got 100%. I didn't I'd ever talk to her again.

But start of junior year, she befriended me again and we'd start hanging out. Unfortunately I'd learn that she was still with her high school boyfriend, but that seemingly wasn't looking promising. Maybe a month before graduation, she asked if I wanted to grab breakfast and then she told me that she had landed a job and would be staying in town (job market wasn't great, the other gal I was interested in wasn't able to find a local job and moved to Texas).

My brain got in the mindset that it was only a matter of time before she dumped the other guy (that happened a few months later) and that I'd be next man up. Sadly I didn't realize that I had basically been friend zoned the previous two years. She'd end up dating/marrying her new boss.

A few years later I ran into almost a carbon copy situation with another gal who bore some resemblance. But I decided that I had done that Choose Your Own Adventure before and figured I knew the outcome, so I never viewed this one romantically even though all of our friends thought something was brewing.

My3Sons

Sponsor
I put myself in a bad spot with that mindset back when I graduated college. Apologies as I never quite found a succinct way of telling this story.

Towards the end of my freshman year of college, I got dumped by my girlfriend via email. Being a dumb teenager, I didn't handle that particularly well. My grades went in the tank. Sophomore year didn't start off great, my roommates were lazy and I in turn also got complacent. Eventually I had to admit that I wasn't giving full effort and abruptly moved out. New roommates were nerds and suddenly my grades were back on track.

There was a cute gal in my class who lived in the same area of campus but I never had the nerve to talk to her. One day it rained unexpectedly. I left in the middle of class to buy an umbrella so I could offer to walk her back. We had a friendly chat and I thought I managed to give off a good first impression for once. A few days later, I asked if she wanted to study for the midterm together and she gave me a dirty look and declined. My friends were watching from afar and were like "WTF did you say to her?"

I used that as motivation to study hard for that exam. The mean was in the low 40s and the professor admonished the class. Being petty I made a point to walk by her and loudly tell my friends that I got 100%. I didn't I'd ever talk to her again.

But start of junior year, she befriended me again and we'd start hanging out. Unfortunately I'd learn that she was still with her high school boyfriend, but that seemingly wasn't looking promising. Maybe a month before graduation, she asked if I wanted to grab breakfast and then she told me that she had landed a job and would be staying in town (job market wasn't great, the other gal I was interested in wasn't able to find a local job and moved to Texas).

My brain got in the mindset that it was only a matter of time before she dumped the other guy (that happened a few months later) and that I'd be next man up. Sadly I didn't realize that I had basically been friend zoned the previous two years. She'd end up dating/marrying her new boss.

A few years later I ran into almost a carbon copy situation with another gal who bore some resemblance. But I decided that I had done that Choose Your Own Adventure before and figured I knew the outcome, so I never viewed this one romantically even though all of our friends thought something was brewing.
In my experience relationships are like jobs. The best time to find a new one is while you are in a current one. Albeit that was my college and law school experience 100 years ago. Ultimately I think most of us land with who we are somehow meant to be with. I do think it’s hard to connect in today’s world and I feel bad for young people about that.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Thank you!!!
I know the archery and fishing keep you mostly sane. Losing one of them would be really tough and getting back your archery is huge. You’ve worked hard to get to this point so with luck you will progress to where you won’t have to think about your shoulder. I’m rooting for you.

Reactions: JimEIV

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
feeling fine..... a good old song about drinkin' ...

and years later these guys decided to have their way it.... what a f***ing great photo

Screen Shot 2024-08-29 at 6.37.05 PM.png

you're all welcome for this public service announcement.

Reactions: Bleedred

My3Sons

Sponsor
Reactions: njdevils1982

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
for whatever reason when the last site reboot happened i lost the ability to see avatars....and some how they are all showing up again as of today...

nice to be able to quickly recognize posters without only relying on names

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Question.

Booked a flight on Norse airlines Milan to Kennedy. Long story short, I gave a scam artist my flight info, so I do not want to add my passport information.

Do I have to add it preflight? Or can I just show up at the airport with the passport and be good to go?

Norse is cheap, but the downside is they have near zero by way of customer service, so getting information from them is not easy.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Question.

Booked a flight on Norse airlines Milan to Kennedy. Long story short, I gave a scam artist my flight info, so I do not want to add my passport information.

Do I have to add it preflight? Or can I just show up at the airport with the passport and be good to go?

Norse is cheap, but the downside is they have near zero by way of customer service, so getting information from them is not easy.
Call the airport. Sometimes you can get to the actual desk that way .

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I haven't cut my hair in almost 4 months, which is very long for me.

I'm starting to like it. I don't want it covering my ears, but I'm fine with it covering my forehead.

It makes me look a lot younger, because the lines on my forehead (which are deeper than some 60 year old people) are all covered up, and that's the only spot I really show any age.

It also makes me hair look way thicker. It's starting to look thinner/get a little thinner, which is only noticeable when my hair is really short. It's went up the side a little on the right side, and there's a spot in the center of my head where the hair is thin/see through looking. Any vertical hairstyle seems to expose it.

But that's all covered up, and my hair is a lot thicker than I thought it still was. I see a ton more gray though, which is easier to cover up than forehead lines.

It's also quite uncomfortable, particularly this time of the year. Most of my sweat pores are on my forehead.

But I definitely look like I'm ready for the reunion tour for my 2000s era post-hardcore, emo, indie, whatever band. :laugh:

I don't actually have a band or reunion tour, it was just a joke.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad