OT: Thread About Nothing (part # who cares)

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
so we are moving on Friday, and we hired a moving company. It is going to be three guys, and we have them fully booked from 9am-5pm. Never used a moving company before...I assume if they do a good job (and don't break anything), I should probably tip? is $50 each guy enough or would $100 each be more recommended?

we're only moving ~10 minutes away so not a long trip.
IMG_7205.jpeg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
so we are moving on Friday, and we hired a moving company. It is going to be three guys, and we have them fully booked from 9am-5pm. Never used a moving company before...I assume if they do a good job (and don't break anything), I should probably tip? is $50 each guy enough or would $100 each be more recommended?

we're only moving ~10 minutes away so not a long trip.

i think 50 is fair for the day but then again...100 each and it's 300 extra.. seems a bit much as from what you've already shelled out for the move.

different from the 'friends helping move' rate which is free pizza and beer...

i dont know? are these college kids on a summer job or year round pros?

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
i think 50 is fair for the day but then again...100 each and it's 300 extra.. seems a bit much as from what you've already shelled out for the move.

different from the 'friends helping move' rate which is free pizza and beer...

i dont know? are these college kids on a summer job or year round pros?

its an actual company, doesn't seem like college kids. The owner who came out and gave an estimate was probably in his 40s.

I think I'll have like $300 in cash on hand just in case and play it by ear

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love
its an actual company, doesn't seem like college kids. The owner who came out and gave an estimate was probably in his 40s.

I think I'll have like $300 in cash on hand just in case and play it by ear

Also - i'm assuming its excruciatingly hot in your area today?

I have dudes come and pull weeds like.... 2/3x a summer. May? No tip. July? oh hell yea i'm tipping.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
Also - i'm assuming its excruciatingly hot in your area today?

I have dudes come and pull weeds like.... 2/3x a summer. May? No tip. July? oh hell yea i'm tipping.

yeah its brutal

it also looks like its supposed to rain all day on Friday, so that throws another wrench into things lol

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Working on new bait fish pattern and I just can't get it right..this is the 4th iteration.

I think I need a shorter shank hook so the ratio of head to tail is more tail?

IMG_20240708_103626773.jpg

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
i think i f***ed up my back quite bad today around 6pm (this was shooting pain like i've never felt before)....i put on a velcro waist bandage and i'm moving around VERY slowly this evening.....

now what is also the problem im supposed to go west to sarnia for two days of work and a stay over in a hotel... this is not good at all and i dont how a last minute cancellation will go over. f*** me.

gonna call my employer/friend in a few minutes and see what our options are?

but first i'm pouring a triple of something...im in some real pain

Reactions: My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
i think i f***ed up my back quite bad today around 6pm (this was shooting pain like i've never felt before)....i put on a velcro waist bandage and i'm moving around VERY slowly this evening.....

now what is also the problem im supposed to go west to sarnia for two days of work and a stay over in a hotel... this is not good at all and i dont how a last minute cancellation will go over. f*** me.

Is thr next assignment involve heavy lifting? How did you hurt yourself? Any chance you can visit a doctor for it? Maybe some steroids and painkillers and muscle relaxers? Also have to start a strengthening program and stretching. Getting old sucks. Hopefully it never happens to me.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
Is thr next assignment involve heavy lifting? How did you hurt yourself? Any chance you can visit a doctor for it? Maybe some steroids and painkillers and muscle relaxers? Also have to start a strengthening program and stretching. Getting old sucks. Hopefully it never happens to me.

ya some heavy lifting...but this hurts insane when bending over....

i did a bunch of shop work the last couple of days and felt 'normal' aches...but 5 hours after done today i was inside adjusting some couch cushions and...WOW!... thats all it took

...i have a box of robax platimum (rarely take this stuff but i have it)

waiting for call back from 'boss'

Mr Bojanglez

Aug 17, 2007
From Jersey w/ Love

defintely drink some water too. Booze will dehydrate / tighten up your body.

I have back issues and I drink too much. But I also drink a ton of water.

Eventually you'll see a doctor or whatever. Physical therapy worked wonders for me. After my first appointment I literally never felt better.

Ab work, and tons of stretching. Never would have thought tight hamstrings (dehydration) would affect my back.

good luck. If you have to pick up things, make sure they are close to you. That is to say the opposite.... bending over and reaching out for an object = no good. get things close to you, then it while close to your body lift up

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003

Hope you feel better... you icing or heating your back?

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I'm in my last week of no drinking and eating right... I have an MRI and colonoscopy this week....big week.

Next 2 weeks starting on the 15th are going to be debauchery.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
defintely drink some water too. Booze will dehydrate / tighten up your body.

I have back issues and I drink too much. But I also drink a ton of water.

Eventually you'll see a doctor or whatever. Physical therapy worked wonders for me. After my first appointment I literally never felt better.

Ab work, and tons of stretching. Never would have thought tight hamstrings (dehydration) would affect my back.

good luck. If you have to pick up things, make sure they are close to you. That is to say the opposite.... bending over and reaching out for an object = no good. get things close to you, then it while close to your body lift up

we roll 160 lbs manhole covers to move them and/or use a dolly... but i may be that f***ed that even that will be impossible

• Wow
Reactions: Bleedred

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
thanks....will do heat pad when i lie down and some serious mental 'mind over matter' brain work ...but really, the shooting pain when it happened was nuts.

I sincerely hope it's not a disc. If the pain is actually in your back and not elsewhere like hip, leg or foot it's probably a good sign honestly. Either way, I blew up a disc in my lower back when I was in my early 20s and I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy.

FWIW, the advice I've been given is always ice, never heat. Heat and inflammation don't mix.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I'm in my last week of no drinking and eating right... I have an MRI and colonoscopy this week....big week.

Next 2 weeks starting on the 15th are going to be debauchery.
Your wife called the hospital and they offered a $10 discount on your colonoscopy if they skip the lube and use less anesthesia and she told them that’s fine. Good luck.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Your wife called the hospital and they offered a $10 discount on your colonoscopy if they skip the lube and use less anesthesia and she told them that’s fine. Good luck.
I don't need anesthesia. I requested a martini and a smile.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad