OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Some Friday questions:

1) Tipping is becoming crazy here, there was a story about someone being chased down in the parking lot after picking up a pizza - they didn't leave a tip and two employees took exception. Do you tip for pick-up or take-out?

2) Do you have a vanity license plate? Would you pay for one and what would it be if allowed?

3) It is National Wine & Cheese Day - favourite types of both, or just one if you don't partake in both?

4) Most pet owners have dogs and cats, do you have a more unusual pet or have you had one in the past?

5) Name a TV show or movie that you think could be revived/remade successfully.

1) I tip when dining in, at a bar, or on delivery. I usually tip at concession stands. I’ll tip at a counter if the service is exceptional but otherwise no.

2) I had a Bruins plate for a few years but when I traded in my car didn’t want to go through the extra wait for it.

3) Pinot Grigio and a good Colby jack on a cheese plate. Also love fresh Burrata with a balsamic drizzle and grilled peaches in the summer.

4) No wild pets for me, but dear friends have an African Sulcata tortoise that’s 23 years old and I “babysit” a lot when they’re out of town.

5) not into remakes, rather watch the original and keep the nostalgia.

Reactions: caz16

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
1) Tipping is becoming crazy here, there was a story about someone being chased down in the parking lot after picking up a pizza - they didn't leave a tip and two employees took exception. Do you tip for pick-up or take-out?

Depends. If its a rising college kid that has a tip jar I do.

2) Do you have a vanity license plate? Would you pay for one and what would it be if allowed?

Nope. Nope

3) It is National Wine & Cheese Day - favourite types of both, or just one if you don't partake in both?

Chianti classico and smoked gouda and pecorino romano

4) Most pet owners have dogs and cats, do you have a more unusual pet or have you had one in the past?

Have dogs. Have had conures.

Carnivale

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005

Depends. If its a rising college kid that has a tip jar I do.

Nope. Nope

Chianti classico and smoked gouda and pecorino romano

Have dogs. Have had conures.

Carnivale
I just talked to my daughter about Carnivale yesterday. And Penny Dreadful.
Carnivale is the most under-rated show.

Reactions: Mione134

Johnny Upton

Jul 5, 2003
Boston
Some Friday questions:

1) I will usually give my local pizza place a dollar or two in their cup but I’ve scaled back because of how insane tipping has gotten. I go to my local seafood shop to buy something to make at home and they have an iPad ready with a tip screen. Even the dry cleaner near me has a tip screen now…..no. Just no.

2) No vanity plate. I don’t think I’d ever get one, either.

3) I’m not a drinker but I do love cheese, particularly pepper jack and extra sharp cheddar.

4) No unusual pets, my 2 cats are weirdos enough.

5) I’m anti-remake, though I will say that I’m intrigued by the upcoming remake of The Naked Gun with Liam Neeson. Can he pull off the Frank Drebin-type role?

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Some Friday questions:

1) Yes I tip pretty generously if warranted(Although I admittedly am picky a-hole) as the restaurant biz was my first job when I was a kid.
Tip. Then tip again. And if that isn’t enough tip some more.

The key with that is places you frequent.
Yup. Get what ya give when it comes to that.

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
Some Friday questions:

1)- Sometimes. Depends where. The ice cream stand with high school kids working? Absolutely. For sit down I always tip and in cash as well, helps the waiter/waitress avoid taxes if they're so inclined.

2)-Nope, Nope. I like my anonymity. I don't even put stickers on my cars, makes them obviously different than everyone elses.

3) Wine is gross and I like smoked cheddar on a burger. Fresh Moz is king though.

4) No, loved my cats though. Still miss all of them.

5) America's Most Wanted. Plenty of criminals out there. Netflix brought back Unsolved Mysteries but I'm not a fan of the new format. I miss the old multiple random segment type show instead of 45 minutes on one subject. Given everyone's attention span of a chipmunk these days, it would probably be better received

Reactions: BMC and caz16

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
Some Friday questions:

1) No, we don't, it was not a thing until fairly recently but we don't pick up or order out often anyway so hadn't thought about it until I heard this story.

2) I don't, I actually tried to get one a few years ago. I was searching for a good name for a Bruins plate. I finally found that GOBRUIN5 was not taken, I was shocked since so many were already taken. It was a birthday present, so paid the $200 and waited. I then received this letter - you couldn't convince me it wasn't denied by a disgruntled Leafs fans....lol I have seen license plates like 01101101 etc - but this is not readable - every other Bruins plate I searched was fine but taken. FYI, I did appeal the plate decision and was promptly denied.

1722072291554.jpeg
3) I love white wine, will pretty well drink any of it. I bottle my own and drink that most of the time. I hate cheese, can't stand the texture. I can eat it melted on food but only mozzarella or very mild cheddar.

4) Not too unusual, rabbits and guinea pigs. My brothers and I did catch a newt once and kept it for a while. We did the same with a shrew.

5) Night Gallery, Twilight Zone come to mind - I love short stories with twists, Hitchcock style.

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY

Tipping is out of control.....That said....sometimes, but only like 10 percent......As far as regular tipping (restaraunt) amount depends....did server come back to table? One of my pet peeves did I have to flag you down for a water refill.....if yes....no tip for you
Had pizza with a friend the other day.....we walked in and ordered it, then sat outside. They brought out the pizza, no napkins. We asked for napkins and cheese.....never came back....no tip for you

No and No

Not a wine person but only a rose or zinfandel

Cheese for cheese and crackers.....seriously sharp cheddar, muenster

Daughter had a hedge hog

none come to mind

Reactions: BMC and caz16

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
5) Night Gallery, Twilight Zone come to mind - I love short stories with twists, Hitchcock style.
The genius of Mr. Serling is unmatched. Just watched the twisted "Adam and Eve" episode, it always amazed me how he came up with this stuff.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Every year I am “blessed” with at least one summer cold.

What a waste of a beautiful weekend.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
1) I will usually give my local pizza place a dollar or two in their cup but I’ve scaled back because of how insane tipping has gotten. I go to my local seafood shop to buy something to make at home and they have an iPad ready with a tip screen. Even the dry cleaner near me has a tip screen now…..no. Just no.

2) No vanity plate. I don’t think I’d ever get one, either.

3) I’m not a drinker but I do love cheese, particularly pepper jack and extra sharp cheddar.

4) No unusual pets, my 2 cats are weirdos enough.

5) I’m anti-remake, though I will say that I’m intrigued by the upcoming remake of The Naked Gun with Liam Neeson. Can he pull off the Frank Drebin-type role?

Your #5 is sacrilege. No one but Leslie Nielsen could pull off Frank Drebbin!!!!

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Got a game cam awhile ago to try to get pictures of the critters in the yard... finally set it up yesterday....got up this morning to see it had gotten pics !
First night and I'm pretty sure I got evidence of a Sasquatch !!!!View attachment 897439

This is my Big Mama
20240727_171502.jpg

I can get very close to her now. She comes hopping when I click my mouth.

Her babies are getting used to me too, Big Daddy is still skittish of me, but we're working on it 🤣

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
This is my Big Mama
View attachment 897456

I can get very close to her now. She comes hopping when I click my mouth.

Her babies are getting used to me too, Big Daddy is still skittish of me, but we're working on it 🤣
I have had this camera for a few years, just got it set up.... I'm glad it captured something so now I know did it correct.....set it right where the deer trail is

• Love
Reactions: Mione134

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I have come to despise putting furniture together. I love my new chairs but next time I am hiring someone with a good back to put something together. I'll be in zero gravity mode for the rest of the weekend

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Some Friday questions:

1. I tip for everythng, I try to help out
2. No and No
3. No wine. Cooper yellow american
4. Had Finch birds at one point, and a hermit crab
5. Nothing that was really good could ever be redone today because of sensitivity

Reactions: caz16 and BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad