OT - NO POLITICS Those Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
Have an interview today at Flemings tbh not even interested. More focused on frito lay hiring event Wednesday. Just did their online application and they said not a fit which is why Im going to the event. Id rather talk to a person and no some bot

You need to find yourself a path that works for you and stick to it, otherwise you’re going to be in this merry-go-round forever.

At a certain point you need to look in the mirror and figure out how you’re contributing to your own instability. The more you jump around, the more unemployable you become - I assume that’s why FritoLay said no thanks when merchandising is a fairly entry level role that doesn’t require a ton of skills or related experience. If you’re not seen as reliable, it’s going to become harder and harder to get your foot in the door anywhere decent and the only places that will take a chance are desperate and likely poorly run/wont treat you as you’d like.

Unless you’re super charming in person and interview extremely well, I’d advise against showing up to the hiring event if you’ve already been rejected.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Whats with haircuts being so expensive? In vegas I spent $50 on one cuz a beard trim. Place Im waiting at now it’s $23 a cut. I miss those $10-15 dollar days
All changed a few years ago.

I was paying 12-14 a cut before tip pre Covid. No matter where i went or what they charged I left a 20. Nice round number. One bill. No change. Everybody wins. Then i grew my hair out in the Covid era and haven’t been back to a barbershop since, but I have taken my kids. Cheapest I’ve found that isn’t Superbutts is $20.

Unfortunately i have to visit a salon at this point, so I’m dropping a 50 spot each time

Reactions: BMC and Gordoff

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
You need to find yourself a path that works for you and stick to it, otherwise you’re going to be in this merry-go-round forever.

At a certain point you need to look in the mirror and figure out how you’re contributing to your own instability. The more you jump around, the more unemployable you become - I assume that’s why FritoLay said no thanks when merchandising is a fairly entry level role that doesn’t require a ton of skills or related experience. If you’re not seen as reliable, it’s going to become harder and harder to get your foot in the door anywhere decent and the only places that will take a chance are desperate and likely poorly run/wont treat you as you’d like.

Unless you’re super charming in person and interview extremely well, I’d advise against showing up to the hiring event if you’ve already been rejected.

Earlier this month I been self reflecting and looking at these past few years. Leaving costco was a mistake. was the end of covid was burnt out and had my ex in my ear. This last job I was let go because of hours. But since I came to Florida nothing has felt like a fit. Tbh also I have not been in the right mental state for some of these jobs.

I am now prepared and mentally ready to hopefully get back into a corporate setting.

Just trying to look at the world positive these days since I am at a very BIG turning point in my life. Dropping some major baggage.

May sound lame but I just wanna be happy now, in life and in work…

All changed a few years ago.

I was paying 12-14 a cut before tip pre Covid. No matter where i went or what they charged I left a 20. Nice round number. One bill. No change. Everybody wins. Then i grew my hair out in the Covid era and haven’t been back to a barbershop since, but I have taken my kids. Cheapest I’ve found that isn’t Superbutts is $20.

Unfortunately i have to visit a salon at this point, so I’m dropping a 50 spot each time

Worst part is finding a stylist u like. I found one, called today and shes gone

Last edited:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Looks like I'm playing 9 today in Lakeville. Guy I'm playing with shot a 91 last week at Acushnet River Valley, and that was after taking an 11 early in the round. I played with him recently and it went fine, but I told him if he continues that level of play then we may not be golf buddies much longer. On a 6000 yard course I'm probably looking at 105-110

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Wow. That’s magic right there. The highs and lows of the front 9 must have been insane lol. Bird, triple, bird, triple. Still, all I would talk about for the summer is “remember that time i birdied four times in half a day?”
Had one par on the front. Bogie birdie alternating. I am 7 handicap so I have had wacko rounds like that before.

So glad you are enjoying the game.

• Love
Reactions: TD Charlie

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
1721691156778.png

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Had one par on the front. Bogie birdie alternating. I am 7 handicap so I have had wacko rounds like that before.

So glad you are enjoying the game.
I always have, it’s just a matter of finding time and the right dance partner. I’m not the type to go play a round alone and most of my friends don’t play. For the last 20 years I really only played charity events and the occasional bachelor party. Now that I’ve found the right couple of guys to hit with it seems ill play more.

I have pretty good touch 100 yards and in. Outside of that range…it could land anywhere in any direction. The par 3 today was much more my style, thus, bogey golf

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Red squirrels are insane! I hand feed the birds along our local trail and if I put seeds on the tree stumps, the red squirrels always bully everyone else to get them all. I stood by a tree where the chickadees were and one came down to get a seed, then this red squirrel runs up the tree and starts "yelling" and chasing all the birds out. It then comes down to a stump at the bottom and starts "yelling" at me - it was shaking with rage....lol It kept leaning towards me and then it ran down near my feet - I thought it was going to be a Christmas Vacation moment but I left before it got the chance.
Walk softly and car a big hockey stick. When I was young in my teens (yikes) I was taking warm up slapshots before a street hockey game.
As I wound up to blast one (orange street hockey ball) a squirrel runs into the line of the shot and I launched him maybe 10-15 feet in the air. Don't know where the ball went but the damn squirrel landed on all 4s, shook his head and ran off. No harm, no foul. Everyone there (including me) were amazed at the timing.

Morris Wanchuk

Feb 10, 2006
War Memorial Arena
I always have, it’s just a matter of finding time and the right dance partner. I’m not the type to go play a round alone and most of my friends don’t play. For the last 20 years I really only played charity events and the occasional bachelor party. Now that I’ve found the right couple of guys to hit with it seems ill play more.

I have pretty good touch 100 yards and in. Outside of that range…it could land anywhere in any direction. The par 3 today was much more my style, thus, bogey golf
Can you give me some par 3 recs near 495? Might try one out with the youngest on our way to the cape.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Can you give me some par 3 recs near 495? Might try one out with the youngest on our way to the cape.
Just played heritage hill in lakeville and it was my favorite of the par 3 courses I’ve been on. The only other two i have played at are Rockland and Lost Brook in Norwood. I think Lost Brook closed down for good though. Rockland is a nice little course but i remember it being very tight.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Some posts on reddit how ridiculously hard it can be to just get thru a screening process at Frito lay and some people saying its not a good company anymore. Will still attend tomorrow.

Been looking at some schools. 3 around here. I just dont know what I want to pursue…..plumbing, welding…..

Reactions: BMC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad