Status
Not open for further replies.

eightspokedb

pickee chickadee
Sponsor
Jul 17, 2002
cave of caerbannog
Visit site
My legs are still not used to all the walking I have to do every day. I think it is time for some new shoes. Does anyone wear sketchers and if so, do you like them? I am looking for support but also lightweight because it is hot as satan's balls here.
Brooks Addiction..,pricy but your feet and legs will love you for them....

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Cheers, you bunch of geeks!

Be safe and have fun!

E3FA4AFC-AA65-4D48-87AE-2AFD32C91A88.jpeg

We had a big situation back east. We lost 7 men on a fishing vessel, the ship caught fire in the Atlantic, they were missing since Wednesday. They abandoned the ship and were found safe on a life raft yesterday. I’ve never shed so many tears in my entire life.

Absolute miracle.

Last edited:

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Be safe and have fun!

View attachment 896184

We had a big situation back east. We lost 7 men on a fishing vessel, the ship caught fire in the Atlantic, they were missing since Wednesday. They abandoned the ship and were found safe on a life raft yesterday. I’ve never shed so many tears in my entire life.

Absolute miracle.

That is a miracle! Thank you for sharing!

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
That is a miracle! Thank you for sharing!
It’s insane man.

nothing short of a miracle. The odd of making it out alive is probably 1% - These guys are so tough too. One of the guys was upset because he lost his guitar in the fire, but even more upset that he didn’t have a smoke in 2 days. He lost his darts.

There will be a movie about this, no doubt.

Those guys are built different, man.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Be safe and have fun!

View attachment 896184

Absolute miracle.

That is amazing! Not many good ending stories of late

Reactions: eightspokedb

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs

Be safe and have fun!

View attachment 896184

Absolute miracle.

Amazing!!!!!

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021

Be safe and have fun!

View attachment 896184

Absolute miracle.

Wow... thanks for sharing. That is THE best 2024 summer story!

That is amazing! Not many good ending stories of late
No politics I'll respect.... but what a time the world is going thru right now! And the free world country is struggling imo.... which is not a good thing for all of us.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
A while back my then-brother in law had a warehouse gig at Frito-Lay. Union work, just loading and unloading trucks all day with boxes of deliciously salty snacks. Pay was great, union backing, but hours could be long.

It's certainly worth checking out if you are looking for a change of pace. Keep the food service thing in your back pocket still. You just never know.

Job im interviewing for and the one I really want is merchandising. You basically drive to stores in ur own car and stock the market with chips that were delivered in the back.

M-F I believe 40 hours $20 an hour benefits and all that

Starts at 8am ill be there between 730-750am

Sorry to hear you’re going through a lot of shit right now. That sucks but you’ll come out the other side stronger. You got this man.

Only thing I can do is keep going. The world wont stop and I have bills.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Job im interviewing for and the one I really want is merchandising. You basically drive to stores in ur own car and stock the market with chips that were delivered in the back.

Merchandisers make good money. Especially if you can put in some time and get your own route, or a couple extra stores. I have a friend that owns his own bread route…left his career in Walgreens management where he was crushing six figures with ease.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017

Merchandisers have a good gig. You get milage, get to drive most of the day, just put chips on a shelf. I wouldn't mind that if I needed a job.

Troublesome 85

TOP RANKED
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
I also have this app called shotstaf. Its basically for restaurants or whoever is doing some sort of event or are short staffed. They list what they need and u apply

Like right now im awaiting 5 day shifts that will net me $500

Reactions: TD Charlie

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
The IRS business mileage is .67 per mile, supposed to cover that.

The bigger liability in driving for business is insurance, actually. He'll probably have to get coverage up to a higher premium.
My point still stands

I also have this app called shotstaf. Its basically for restaurants or whoever is doing some sort of event or are short staffed. They list what they need and u apply

Like right now im awaiting 5 day shifts that will net me $500
Learn a trade. A real one. Or will be stuck in this cycle. Never to old to learn something new.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Go where she’s wanted and seen as a key piece, especially if the coach knows what they’re doing, which should be development and having fun.

My 10-year-old son got cut from a BHL American North team, despite being the fifth leading scorer on the team. He’s now on an EHL team that missed upper gold in parity, but has a coach who teaches and isn’t trying to win with an all-star roster. While I have some concerns about the competition level not being high enough, he’s with a coach who will elevate his play and hockey knowledge. That’s a huge plus in my book, one that supersedes the concerns.
That's where I'm leaning towards but will ultimately leave the decision in her hands as it's about her being happy and not what I think. My wife and I will certainly advise her and give our opinions, but she's the one playing so I want her to be comfortable and confident.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
The IRS business mileage is .67 per mile, supposed to cover that.

The bigger liability in driving for business is insurance, actually. He'll probably have to get coverage up to a higher premium.

He will need to buy commercial automobile insurance, personal auto insurance policy will not cover what he is going to do.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
That's where I'm leaning towards but will ultimately leave the decision in her hands as it's about her being happy and not what I think. My wife and I will certainly advise her and give our opinions, but she's the one playing so I want her to be comfortable and confident.
Looks like she learned a lot this season.
Atta girl Avery!!

Reactions: LSCII and BMC

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Looks like she learned a lot this season.
Atta girl Avery!!
She really did. I was downloading a lot of video from my phone to my laptop on Friday because I didn’t have much space left and I watched a bunch of clips of her at bats from 2 years ago, last fall, and now and it’s night and day. She’s improved so much defensively as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad