Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Chabot hasn't produced at a 60pt ppg in 6 years. He could definitely do it with league scoring being higher and the team being more stacked.

Just hope he's healthy enough to be effective on the ice, poor guy hasn't played more than 71 games per season.
If only we had excellent D coaches. :)

i don't watch Nurse that much but i did yesterday.

and idk if it was just a very rare good game but he was solid yesterday.

mobile, nasty, simple plays, cleared the crease, covered lots of ground. someone iced the oilers goalie once and nurse went right at him, when has chabot ever done that lol.

like we could use a player who plays like that.

again maybe it was just a rare good game but he was impressive yesterday.

but his contract is much worse than Chabot though. no question about that.
Chabot plays a soft passive game like Phillips used to play. There is no "nasty" in either of them. No player on the ice fears having to deal with them.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
i don't watch Nurse that much but i did yesterday.

and idk if it was just a very rare good game but he was solid yesterday.

mobile, nasty, simple plays, cleared the crease, covered lots of ground. someone iced the oilers goalie once and nurse went right at him, when has chabot ever done that lol.

like we could use a player who plays like that.

again maybe it was just a rare good game but he was impressive yesterday.

but his contract is much worse than Chabot though. no question about that.
Chabot plays a soft passive game like Phillips used to play. There is no "nasty" in either of them. No player on the ice fears having to deal with them.

The saga continues.

Pinto looked a little slow and not involved physically in the last game. He obviously has some sort of injury which hopefully will not keep him out of games.

It's looking like some proper coaching might turn around this guy's play.

Less minutes.

Actual instruction.

Structure around him.

Some accountability based on his play.

He's a talented player who could be a huge asset if he plays within the team structure.
Plus he needs to play a more physical game, not the pansy style he has played in the past. Proper D coaching is very much required.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's looking like some proper coaching might turn around this guy's play.

Less minutes.

Actual instruction.

Structure around him.

Some accountability based on his play.

He's a talented player who could be a huge asset if he plays within the team structure.
Plus he needs to play a more physical game, not the pansy style he has played in the past. Proper D coaching is very much required.
Jensen is very mobile, which probably helps Chabot play his game and worry less about the occasional mistake, because he has someone who can cover for him or even get into the right spot.
I don't see the benefit as "someone who can cover for him" when he makes a mistake; I see it as having a competent defensive partner that he can play D with and pass the puck to when necessary and who can play a solid defensive game.

Chabot should not be making many "mistakes" that result in odd-man rushes against the Sens. He makes a few too many "mistakes" now. Good coaching could correct that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad