Player Discussion Thomas Chabot (D) Part 2

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
We need a RHD ainef
Add if you have to but get a RHD
For sure we need defensive help.

But Ottawa would essentially be getting Hertl in exchange of replacing Tarasenko and Kubalik. And SJ can use Chabot as a top pairing guy to continue getting veteran star pieces (and less term)

Reactions: bert and Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
For sure we need defensive help.

But Ottawa would essentially be getting Hertl in exchange of replacing Tarasenko and Kubalik. And SJ can use Chabot as a top pairing guy to continue getting veteran star pieces (and less term)

I would be interested if you can get 2m retained on Hertl's contract given his age and his no trade NMC protection. IF he'd waive to come here which I highly doubt. We need to look at teams with players we want that don't have NMCs.

Reactions: coladin

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Last year I was supportive of the Karlsson/Chabot proposals, but thought it was out there and not wise.

Not so sure it was that crazy now. I'd be willing to bet that EK plays out these last few years at a higher level than Chabot.

Reactions: Alex1234

StutzlingAway

Feb 28, 2017
Chabot has too many turnovers for an 8M player it's that simple. He plays way too soft, he should be the odd man out of Sanderson and Chych on the left side.

Reactions: Alex1234

PlayOn

Jun 22, 2010
I feel like Chabby has been playing really good lately. Looks like he's really benefiting from the new system.
He’s still up and down but some nights he looks excellent. Just a matter of whether he can ever find the consistency.

Reactions: DueDiligence

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Who would have thought a coaching change would have helped this guy, and not a:

"GO OUT THERE N PLAY UR BEST SHINNY, BOYZ. ESPECIALLY U CHABBY, MAINTAIN 30 MINS OF IT. I LOVE YA"

Mentality.

• Haha
Reactions: Puikiou

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
His interview at the intermission was revealing. Claire asked him about Norris, and he said something along the lines of: "people don't know what it takes coming back from injury", and I think he meant it not only for Norris but also for himself. I expect him to play well the rest of the season, as long he stays healthy.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Chabot is +3 under Jacques Martin. First time in his career Chabot has ever been a + under any coach. 15 points in 23 games with Martin.

So many fans wanted to see Chabot with a new coach and pretty good results so far between Chabot + Martin

Codo37

Apr 7, 2008
Germany
I question his Hockey IQ and decision making (it's way to slow many times and often he makes the bad decision out of three options he had). That turnover against Dallas shows was exactly what I mean (on the lonely goal for the Stars). With under 15 seconds to play in the first period he can do a flip dump out of the zone and the period is over with a 1-0 lead. That turnovers happened way too much. Hope JM can fix it, but his lack of physicality and poise it’s a problem for a 8 million dollar man. I saw nearly every game since he was drafted and he regressed from season to season. I really hope he proofs me wrong but this is how I see TC72.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Finally playing a lot better. Hard to choose between him chychrun. Makes you question if we have to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad