This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
A lot of people are blaming Sullivan which i don't disagree with. He probably should have been fired a couple years ago already but a lot of the blame falls on Dubas as well given he built that shit heap the Penguins currently call a defense.

Letang; not his fault, that deal was signed before he came to town. I would advise you stop playing him like it's 2014 Letang but what do i know?

Karlsson; there were multiple people shouting from the rooftops that he looked better than he actually was because the Sharks being so trash and they essentially let him play rover which led to the 100 point season. As it turns out, put him in an environment where more is expected of him and...yeah, pretty much. Except now they're not really getting the offensive production either.

Graves: Why he decided this guy needed a 6 year contract is a question that confused everyone when pen was put to paper and even more so now.

Grzelcyk: Not nearly as damning since it's only a one year deal but this is another guy he thought he knew better on. Gryz hasn't been the same since injuries piled up and for some reason, the Pens are still giving him over 20 minutes a night per hockey reference.

And then there's the matter of the Jarry deal. I don't think he did anything to really earn that given he always seems to be a problem for the Pens when it matters most, but Dubas thought otherwise.

Best part is they can't fix this short term either. Too much money tied up in awful longer team deals. Welcome to the same dungeon the post 2014 Kings had to dwell in, Pens fans.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
ironic considering the previous champs raided wbs to win cups but now their minors are barren. throw in cheap fsg ownership and lean times in steel City 😍

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
1729520168665.jpeg

Idk what all the hubbub is about. According to McDonalds the penguins won last night.

Bender Duster

Sep 16, 2024
Winnipeg
I was at yesterday's game. Along with Eller, I thought Sid and Letang were the Pens best players. It's too bad the core doesn't have much to work with these days as they are still great players (even though Geno seemed to take the afternoon off).

But yeah, the goaltending was a little 'yikes', most of the D seemed in panic mode the second half of the game, and the only time I noticed Puljujarvi was when he kept getting in the way of the shovel crew during TV timeouts. 🤣

DVision44

Nov 30, 2017
Idk....but it's been fun watching Winnipeg send every fanbase into panic mode.
Lol... with the gauntlet of teams you've beaten? Every one of which is expected to be a lottery team outside of Edmonton (who just sucks in Oct for some reason).

I'm sure all those fans are panicking about their Cup hopes now:laugh:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Always funny to me to see fans of teams that haven't won shit in like 20+ years or ever period lecturing Penguins fans as if they know shit about anything. Like listening to a virgin give advice on picking up women.

Penguins are fine, there's nothing wrong with the come down/back end of a dynasty/multiple Cup run.

You are *lucky* as a franchise if you get to experience that.

If you're a Penguins fan, ignore the dumb noise, a lot of these people getting their shots in now would bend over backwards and kiss their own ass to have 1 of those 3 Cups in the Crosby-Malkin era.

Now having said all that, I do wonder like every coach (even the best) has an expiry date, I can't help but think Sullivan is way past his. Give someone else a shot. Crosby and Malkin can still play.

Reactions: SEALBound

Apr 9, 2009
USA
ironic considering the previous champs raided wbs to win cups but now their minors are barren. throw in cheap fsg ownership and lean times in steel City 😍

Oh no whatever will we do with all of our team's success, the horror

Three cups with the current core, how'd your team do? Pretty lean trophy case?

Reactions: x Tame Impala

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Always funny to me to see fans of teams that haven't won shit in like 20+ years or ever period lecturing Penguins fans as if they know shit about anything. Like listening to a virgin give advice on picking up women.

Penguins are fine, there's nothing wrong with the come down/back end of a dynasty/multiple Cup run.

If you're a Penguins fan, ignore the dumb noise, a lot of these people getting their shots in now would bend over backwards and kiss their own ass to have 1 of those 3 Cups in the Crosby-Malkin era.

Now having said all that, I do wonder like every coach (even the best) has an expiry date, I can't help but think Sullivan is way past his. Give someone else a shot. Crosby and Malkin can still play.
To be fair, a lot of fans on this board know A LOT more about sucking and rebuilding and retooling than the Penguins fans.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

Exactly. After the incredible hockey you’ve been able to watch since 2005 who the hell cares the Penguins suck now? They should get some nice wingers for Crosby and Malkin then watch them ride off into the sunset these next couple of years padding their stats.

Would they ever put Malkin on Sid’s wing to stack their line?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad