This Pittsburgh Penguins Act is Getting Old

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I am a Caps fan for 40 years. I watched, in the 80s and 90s the greatest hockey player ever destroy my team,and even some players (see Jim Carey). You won two Cups.

You then, a few years later, had a rebirth. Again, killing my team, and winning three more.

You have had a great run. You have 5 Cups and Mount Rushmore players. Any fan base would gladly trade places with your success.

All that said, get ready for at least 10 years of shitty hockey. You guys are done. You have a Sophie’s Choice you need to make with San Jose. You have very few prospects, none really high end.

Adding Karlsson set you back 5 years, which was already 5 years behind.

You need to start trading the big 4, and eating salary. If you continue with this, the pain will only be worse.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
You need to start trading the big 4, and eating salary. If you continue with this, the pain will only be worse.
There's going to be part of the fan base that wants Sid to only play for Pitt and a group that would like him to move on.

Probably can't have Sid and actually rebuild. I mean, there's really not much to sell. Malkin looks done. Letang is under contract for 4 more years with a NMC and has mostly SB payments at the end of his contract. Can't bury him or get any relief buying him out.

EK, too much term left for him for another team to give what Pitt gave up.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
There's going to be part of the fan base that wants Sid to only play for Pitt and a group that would like him to move on.

Probably can't have Sid and actually rebuild. I mean, there's really not much to sell. Malkin looks done. Letang is under contract for 4 more years with a NMC and has mostly SB payments at the end of his contract. Can't bury him or get any relief buying him out.

EK, too much term left for him for another team to give what Pitt gave up.
I'm of the group that wants him to move on. Probably wont be the Avs but man, him and Kuch would be unreal together. Crosby on Tampa, Malkin on Florida both at 50%.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I'm of the group that wants him to move on. Probably wont be the Avs but man, him and Kuch would be unreal together. Crosby on Tampa, Malkin on Florida both at 50%.
Up to Sid to decide. Pitt would rather Sid say he wants to move than show any signs to the fanbase that they are forcing him out or are not interested in him playing out his career with them.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Up to Sid to decide. Pitt would rather Sid say he wants to move than show any signs to the fanbase that they are forcing him out or are not interested in him playing out his career with them.
I want our guys to win, they aint winning here so I am good if both leave to teams for a last chance at a cup. We will probably not get a great return, but it is what it is.

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Meh... They're like the Washington Capitals. They're done being a contending team and will be hard-pressed to make the playoffs this year and in the coming years but they have a franchise legend who will be with the team until he retires. Until he does, they'll keep tinkering with the roster in hopes of making it good enough to sneak into a playoff spot.
A new coaching staff would likely have accomplished that.

• Haha
Reactions: DickSmehlik

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I don’t know that I’d be in any rush to burn it down. You never really know how long “down” will last. No matter how well you plan, you’re at the mercy of lotto balls, scouts, and unknown development curves. Being a bubble team with even a tiny chance is so much more fun than being awful and having to stuff a season’s worth of excitement into one week in July.

Miri

Lavinengefahr!
Aug 13, 2013
Slovakia
I dont blame then for sticking to Crosby and the rest. I remember how happy i was when Forsberg and Foote returned briefly to Avs in 2007. Though they were past it and we werent winning the Cup with them again. Sticking to them is obviously not the most rational choice, if your goal is to win the Cup, but sometimes you do that, out of respect, out of love to these players, and start your rebuild, once they are gone. Or at the very end of their careers.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008
Don’t want to see Crosby in another jersey unless that’s what he wants. Tormented my team but he’s a penguin. It’d be like see brodeur on the blues or to a lesser extent (let us have our moment) seeing bondra on ott, atl, chi.

Reactions: The Grim Reaper

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
Pens won last two game and 3 out of last 4 with 7 points. Left for dead but they are not going quietly into the night. Sid is just so amazing.

Reactions: PaulD

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Don’t want to see Crosby in another jersey unless that’s what he wants. Tormented my team but he’s a penguin. It’d be like see brodeur on the blues or to a lesser extent (let us have our moment) seeing bondra on ott, atl, chi.
Would like to see him on a contender .....or atleast a long shot team that's in the play offs. If it ain't the Pens , so be it.

Messier
Gretz
Lafluer
Bourque
Bure
Fedorov
Coffee
Francis
Howe
Roy
Hasek
Jagr
Keith
Kane
.... why not Sid?

Reactions: VaporTrail

The Grim Reaper

Apr 18, 2017
Hobart, Tasmania
Would like to see him on a contender .....or atleast a long shot team that's in the play offs. If it ain't the Pens , so be it.

Messier
Gretz
Lafluer
Bourque
Bure
Fedorov
Coffee
Francis
Howe
Roy
Hasek
Jagr
Keith
Kane
.... why not Sid?
Something to be said about finishing your career with the team that drafted you; fairly unique to hockey. Jagr leaving is what caused 25 years of whatever between Pens fans and him. I like the loyalty in hockey. Wasn’t a big fan of Bourques move to win, hockey is a team sport and the cup is won as a team. His move was self-serving, but whatever, I just watch on tv.

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
This team is really gonna play themselves out of a top 10 pick just to miss WC2 by like 1 point, aren't they?

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
That 4-0 lead on Avs and 3-1 lead on the Jackets really could have changed things.

1 point out, or 2 points out from tieing the Flyers.

Caps8112

Sponsor
Aug 12, 2008

Messier
Gretz
Lafluer
Bourque
Bure
Fedorov
Coffee
Francis
Howe
Roy
Hasek
Jagr
Keith
Kane
.... why not Sid?
If that’s what he wants it’d be neat to see because imo he’s got a lot left to add to a good team. Kane going to ny and det is meh. Would be neat seeing what Crosby could do in the playoffs as a 2nd line center on a favorite (assuming that team has one of the 4 centers ranked above him). Same time if the caps were real contenders I’d rather not see Crosby in caps jersey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad